Stephen A Smith is a Fucking Dumbass

Vic Mackey

On this morning’s First Take, the ESPN show for people who really should have slept in, Stephen A. Smith broke down tonight’s Chargers-Chiefs throwdown by reminding us to keep an eye on Spencer Ware (out with a foot injury), Hunter Henry (out since May with a torn ACL), and Derrick Johnson (no longer in the NFL). Stephen A. also dropped a reference to the “San Diego Chargers,” which is at least acceptable, if not preferred. The faces of Tedy Bruschi and Max Kellerman speak for all of us.

Their faces are priceless.

DuT7NujXcAU2joz.jpg:large

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PilotsError said:

These shows have high ratings because it's routine for people.  It's the middle of the day/first thing in the morning, turn on ESPN and have it play in the background.  

Exactly. Background noise. That's all cable yak-yak television is. 

1 minute ago, PilotsError said:

These shows have high ratings because it's routine for people.  It's the middle of the day/first thing in the morning, turn on ESPN and have it play in the background.  

Yeah it's the sports tv equivalent of the tabloid mags positioned at the checkout line.

I'll have you know Stephen A. Smith is a VERY dear friend of mind. We have shed tears together on MANY occasions and I was in fact a pall bearer at his OWN MOTHER'S funeral.

That said - Stephen A. is a bonafide journalism SCRUB. The man can't do his research ahead of time, he can't even form a coherent analysis without a teleprompter sitting DIRECTLY and I mean DIRECTLY in front of him.

13 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

It's all relative I guess, but ESPN day time shows do not have high ratings.

58 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Why would you watch something he's on? The only reason he has a job is to make a hot take or stir up controversy. 

I'll be honest, I will fast forward through his rants, especially if Will Cain is on.  Love my Cowboys homers.

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

These on-air mouthbreathers need to go the way of the dinosaurs.  They are the last of a dying breed.  The equivalent of radio shock-jocks.  

"A little mordida, here. A little mordida, there."

I honestly don’t know if they are a dying breed but they should be.  Jim Rome types etc. just garbage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'll have you know Stephen A. Smith is a VERY dear friend of mind. We have shed tears together on MANY occasions and I was in fact a pall bearer at his OWN MOTHER'S funeral.

I can't BELIEVE that @Vic Mackey has the nerve, audacity, the GALL to even insinuate that Stephen A. is anything short of a legend. He is a BLACK MAN on NATIONAL TELEVISION and you do NOT want to make an ENEMY out of him.

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, wood said:

They're all morons. Why does anyone ever watch this shit? The average reader/viewer/listener is far more knowledgeable than the average 'journalist' (lol) about (insert topic here).

Only time I watch any of these type shows on espn, is when the Horns, Cowboys, Rangers or Mavericks are playing for championships.

It's been a while since I've watched their bull shit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Look, if you don't like football, hot wings, beer and tiddies then shame on you.

They have titties at places that don't have shitty food. There's girls everywhere. I go out of my apartment, there's girls in the elevator. They're in cafeterias, subways, so what?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I think I watched Skip Bayless once in 1993 and concluded he was a cretin and have never watched anything he has been in since. Yet he is this incredibly successful sports personality and millionaire. Shows what I know. Maybe there was some genius in there I just did not appreciate?

Edited by Valmy77

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think I watched Skip Bayless once in 1993 and concluded he was a cretin and have never watched anything he has been in since. Yet he is this incredibly successful sports personality and millionaire. Shows what I know. Maybe there was some genius in there I just did not appreciate?

No, there is no hidden genius anywhere in or near him.

36 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

No, there is no hidden genius anywhere in or near him.

Skip is just as bad, if not worse.  He was the one who started the "Troy Aikman is gay" rumors back in the mid-'90s.  Troy has commented on numerous occasions his lack of respect for Skip.

Also, Skip was the 1st voice on the 1st day of programming for The Ticket in Dallas in '94.  For those unaware, that station is legendary these days as the trailblazing sports radio station Texas...like the very 1st one.  

Skip does not acknowledge that he ever worked there and refuses to have any contact with the employees there (including the show hosts, who have all been there 20+ years).  It's beneath him.

Curt Menafee, however, speaks to the guys at least once a year and fondly remembers his times there.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On this morning’s First Take, the ESPN show for people who really should have slept in, Stephen A. Smith broke down tonight’s Chargers-Chiefs throwdown by reminding us to keep an eye on Spencer Ware (out with a foot injury), Hunter Henry (out since May with a torn ACL), and Derrick Johnson (no longer in the NFL). Stephen A. also dropped a reference to the “San Diego Chargers,” which is at least acceptable, if not preferred. The faces of Tedy Bruschi and Max Kellerman speak for all of us.

FWIW, I just noticed that Hunter Henry was trending on my Twitter.  And now I know why