Alamo Bowl - Washington State vs Iowa State

shnsajax

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:
25 minutes ago, Southernthunder said:
Meh. Been some bad calls. Some have gone their way some haven’t. Refs are not the the reason they are losing. 

Which bad call went Iowa State's way? The Cyclones got the bad end of the officiating by a long shot.

read the tread before you make your first post and you will see the I call it both ways.  the refs called a PI on the 2nd possession of the game that could have changed everything.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
25 minutes ago, Southernthunder said:
Meh. Been some bad calls. Some have gone their way some haven’t. Refs are not the the reason they are losing. 

Which bad call went Iowa State's way? The Cyclones got the bad end of the officiating by a long shot.

Honestly, I would normally side with you and I was pretty neutral this game as an observer, but can you tell me which way they got fucked?

The false start, yeah. What else did I miss?

Honestly, I would normally side with you and I was pretty neutral this game as an observer, but can you tell me which way they got fucked?
So other than the only blatantly missed call of the game which happened to be a touchdown for Washington State in a game they won by 2 points?

Most of the controversial calls were at least partially judgment. One of them was simply an obviously missed call on a scoring play. So yeah, ISU got the short end of the officiating by a long shot.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

How about the catch for a first down that was called incomplete. Not a single hold called against WSU.

read the tread before you make your first post and you will see the I call it both ways.  the refs called a PI on the 2nd possession of the game that could have changed everything.
lulz

Who gives a shit if I posted before that? I was watching the game. Why the fuck would I need to read the thread before responding to another poster? Unless you forgot which account you were logged into your post doesn't even make sense.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

Who gives a shit if I posted before that? I was watching the game. Why the fuck would I need to read the thread before responding to another poster? Unless you forgot which account you were logged into your post doesn't even make sense.

You are both claiming  bad calls and that they didn't got ISU's way.  So as HH said; say which ones and give us facts or shut the fuck up on this topic.  

Lutz added.  

Edited by SDG
  • Like 1

I’m not going to bitch about the refs.  We handed Wazzu that game on a fucking platter.  I bet we didn’t have 8 false starts all fucking year.

Heacock adjusted the defense well, Purdy played great after his early fuck ups, and Campbell was a dip shit with clock management and attempting a second career long FG with a shaky kicker.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Damn impressive year for the Pirate , not sure most casual fans know how much of an accomplishment it is getting the cougars with the issues they had before the season started to a record 11 win season 

To be fair, I judge huck a fair arbiter for this shit so it is possible I missed some shit. I had kid stuff going on. 

1 hour ago, Boogaloo said:

Damn impressive year for the Pirate , not sure most casual fans know how much of an accomplishment it is getting the cougars with the issues they had before the season started to a record 11 win season 

In a year when both USC and Oregon are in the shitter. Woohoo! Alamo Bowl Champs!

Maybe they'll hang a banner. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
2 hours ago, Southernthunder said:

Was just checking in to see if the horrendous officiating was a topic on this thread. (Didn't want to go all the way through.)

This was the most horrendously lopsided officiating that I've ever seen in a bowl game.

Other than the stupid taunting call on the Pick-6 and an uncalled P.I. across the middle of the field late (ISU got away with one), every call or non-call went WSU's way. It was rough. I feel for my friend who bet the OVER (56) and took WSU -2.5 and I feel for all of the ISU fans & players who were royally fucked all game long by the refs.

10 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yall lost to Purdue

.. did you watch Purdue today? 

Once teams figure out that Purdue was a one trick pony (get the ball to Rondale Moore anyway possible) that had no pass rush, they became very beatable.

Auburn is a team that had a month to figure out which player was Rondale Moore and their weakest link (the OL) no longer was an issue.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m not going to bitch about the refs.  We handed Wazzu that game on a fucking platter.  I bet we didn’t have 8 false starts all fucking year.

Heacock adjusted the defense well, Purdy played great after his early fuck ups, and Campbell was a dip shit with clock management and attempting a second career long FG with a shaky kicker.

You’re too logical for surely. Good season regardless. 

4 hours ago, Southernthunder said:

You’re too logical for surely. Good season regardless. 

Don’t get me wrong - the refs were hot garbage.  It’s just that we still had a bunch of opportunities to win that game regardless.

I’m happy with the season.  A few “what if’s” out there - would love to play TCU and Iowa again with Purdy - but no let down from Campbell’s break through year and a lot of key parts coming back for what is a more favorable schedule (Iowa and UT at Jack Trice).

In a year when both USC and Oregon are in the shitter. Woohoo! Alamo Bowl Champs!

Every WSU alumni I know is pissed about this season. This was a year to go to the Rose Bowl and got stuck in the Alamo Bowl. Also WSU has a 4 game winning streak vs Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Don’t get me wrong - the refs were hot garbage.  It’s just that we still had a bunch of opportunities to win that game regardless.

I’m happy with the season.  A few “what if’s” out there - would love to play TCU and Iowa again with Purdy - but no let down from Campbell’s break through year and a lot of key parts coming back for what is a more favorable schedule (Iowa and UT at Jack Trice).

Campbell is a damn good coach but I think you guys will be down significantly, cause I think 32 and 18 leave.  They are just too good to stay.  They are both early round guys.  

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Once teams figure out that Purdue was a one trick pony (get the ball to Rondale Moore anyway possible) that had no pass rush, they became very beatable.

Auburn is a team that had a month to figure out which player was Rondale Moore and their weakest link (the OL) no longer was an issue.

Once they figured it out? Purdue started 0-3...

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The only reason they're not in a NY6 bowl was SECSECSEC.  Hardly their fault.

Edited by WBT

16 minutes ago, WBT said:

The only reason they're not in a NY6 bowl was SECSECSEC.  Hardly their fault.

ESPN owns the rights to the CFP selection process - by proxy of owning rights to the event; while also having 3rd tier 20 year lease of SECN content...
ESPN is both protecting "interests" & keeping competitors at bay... Do you not find it coincidental that both PAC (indy deal) & B1G (FOX deal)have missed the last 3 CFP's..?

All while the ACC (ESPN deal) & SEC (ESPN deal), have both made the playoffs 5x & 6x respectively/ while the XII (individual team deals) has made it 50% of time at 3x each...

7 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Fuck busch lite. Bitches shoulda drank pearl and lone star and fuck the fucking Losole cunt bastards.

I drank a bunch of Lone Star.  It’s just regular shit beer, but it’s not regular shit beer I can get at home.  I liked it better than I remembered.

• Like 1