Applewhite Out

deech

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

I don't understand the move for Holgo but $20 million.

• 2018 Season best shot for Holgy to win B12 at WVU with Grier.  
  • 2019 Season is a rebuild at WVU 
  • New WVU AD did not hire Holgy so Holgy on Hot Seat
  • WVU would not fully gty Contract
  • Better recruiting area in Texas
  • Better skill athletes 7x7 for Holgy's Offense
  • Better money + gtys at UH 
  • Houston better for Holgy family
Edited by LTtxfan

I would not be surprised to see the WSU UH series either canceled or UH gives up their home game with WSU this year and pushes it back a few years and agrees to still play @WSU next year

both teams are going to be shittier next year and both teams have no issue playing dog shit in the OOC and Holgar is going to need all the help he can get with @OU to open the season and even @north Texas state with the fighting mean green eagles looking to rebound from Utah State kicking the shit out of them....UH still has an open game next year so they have some schedule flexibility and mike at WSU would have no issue adding another spare to their schedule instead of UH

4 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Forgive my lack of knowledge about the Houston Cougars, but what the hell does the hand sign mean, besides the obvious? 

Shasta's paw.....

The Cougar Paw’s origin dates back to 1953. While traveling to Austin, Shasta’s front paw was caught in the cage door and one toe was severed. Prior to the game, several opposing players and fans noticed the injury and began taunting UH players by holding up their hands with the ring finger bent to their palm, suggesting the Cougars were weak opponents. The Cougar faithful, remembering the defeat 15 years later, utilized the hand sign in a 20-20 tie in 1968 and believed it played a major role in the contest. 

http://development.uh.edu/alumline/traditions-history-of-the-cougar-hand-sign/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

Every old-school, pre-SWC UH alum I have ever met said it was the symbol for “Fuck Texas.”   Every one.  

That’s what I remember, but I was also told it was invented because UH won the SWC 3 out of their first 4 years. I can’t even remember if that fact is accurate. That second explanation was BS made up after-the-fact. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

with the USA HC taking the OC job at Alabama will Major be "pulled back in" as the HC of USA......I think it would be the best move for them

it would be nice to seem him get the job and do well enough to get another HC job possibly in the Big 12 and then kick the shit out of Houston annually or for a number of years....especially since I think Fritz is a good coach, but the wrong hire for Houston because he takes forever to build a program and Houston has no patience for that and will light a fire under his ass if he is not winning 9 games or so by year 2

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1