Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

32 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean, if Trump was able to convince millions of poor idiots that he is working for them, then I don't see why Beto couldn't do the same.

Trump already had 100% name recognition among them and had been talking to them on FOX News constantly since the mid/late-2000s. He was extremely famous, had mulled presidential runs in the past, and has a decades-long record of being vocally against free trade agreements that ship jobs overseas.

Beto might set it on fire in the Rust Belt with a message of economic populism and a charming smile. We'll see. But he doesn't have any built-in advantages. Beto's most important bases are calf-cramped suburban women and well-educated Dems/libs.

33 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

What, you don’t think Gillibrand should highlight her time at Davis Polk in NYC as a litigator defending Philip Morris?  Would that not connect with the common folk who love big law lawyers and tobacco companies putting the screws to Joe Blow after selling him poison?

The more I learn about Gillibrand the more bewildered I am that she is even trying to run.  

You're forgetting she's hot af. Nobody is thinking about her history except adding their name to it.

26 minutes ago, retread said:

She doesn't come off as presidential imo. Maybe the president of a HOA or head of a realty agency?

The idea of appearing to be presidential is soooooo far off the board given the current occupant of the white house. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

The idea of appearing to be presidential is soooooo far off the board given the current occupant of the white house. 

OR.....his ascendancy tells us that our concept of "appearing to be presidential" is a different look than we once thought.

Brash, loud, bold, shameless.....THAT'S presidential these days.

We would elect The Rock president in a heartbeat.  And I don't mean Dwayne Johnson -- I mean The Rock, the wrestling character that he plays.  We are Rome, we are all in the coliseum, and echoing off of every pillar is "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?!?!"

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

OR.....his ascendancy tells us that our concept of "appearing to be presidential" is a different look than we once thought.

Brash, loud, bold, shameless.....THAT'S presidential these days.

We would elect The Rock president in a heartbeat.  And I don't mean Dwayne Johnson -- I mean The Rock, the wrestling character that he plays.  We are Rome, we are all in the coliseum, and echoing off of every pillar is "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?!?!"

Wait, are we against electing The Rock for president? It seem like a huge improvement. Plus, he could body slam Putin or something. It would be great.  

• Haha 1

If the last several elections proved nothing else, it showed that rural America, esp the rust belt, cares about the president being a white male above all else. Southwest PA went democrat for almost 100 years until a black man ran. 

They want someone who looks like them and talks like a hardass. Someone who makes them feel ok disliking anyone that’s not like them.

They are probably permanently lost to the GOP because they are the anti-inclusion party. They claim they are for personal freedom, but only as it relates to guns. Gays shouldn’t be allowed to get married. Abortions should be illegal. “Muslims” (which to them is anyone lighter than black and darker than Hispanic) shouldn’t be allowed in. Intelligence is bad. Being rich is bad, unless you take a hard enough stance on those other things. Women cant be presidential. They’re too weak.

the GOP is the last bastion for the scared uneducated white male in a world that he sees as against everything that he is, the poor stupid bigot. 

Also CNN is reporting that this travel was not known publicly previously, so trump just put pelosi's shit on blast and created a security risk for the SECOND PERSON IN THE LINE OF SUCCESSION for the presidency. Just absolutely zero regard towards safety of the republic or its ability to conduct its business.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Trump already had 100% name recognition among them and had been talking to them on FOX News constantly since the mid/late-2000s. He was extremely famous, had mulled presidential runs in the past, and has a decades-long record of being vocally against free trade agreements that ship jobs overseas.

Beto might set it on fire in the Rust Belt with a message of economic populism and a charming smile. We'll see. But he doesn't have any built-in advantages. Beto's most important bases are calf-cramped suburban women and well-educated Dems/libs.

Nobody outside of Illinois knew who Obama was before the primaries started to heat up.  Beto wouldn't be running against "all well-known people" -- he'd be running against, well, the people he'd be running against.  Who would have better name recognition?  Hillary, if she runs.  Biden?  Nah.  Harris?  Gillibrand?  No way.

She should not respond to this issue anymore.  No complaints about his letter back.  Just let the minions bring up the safety issue.  She should definitely pivot to the Tax Returns right now.

100% confident she responds though.

Edited by deech

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Surely Trump realizes that a) Nancy Pelosi's net worth is estimated at 120 million dollars  2) as an American citizen, she's free to travel wherever she wants to and to consort with whoever she wants to

No shit man, does Dotard have any authority whatsoever to tell the Speaker of the House where and when she can travel?  Hope she tells him to fuck right the fuck off.

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Also CNN is reporting that this travel was not known publicly previously, so trump just put pelosi's shit on blast and created a security risk for the SECOND PERSON IN THE LINE OF SUCCESSION for the presidency. Just absolutely zero regard towards safety of the republic or its ability to conduct its business.

this is the concerning part, not that trump cares about things like that.

i'm interested to see pelosi's response, if there is any.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Can't stop laughing at how much she obviously hurt his feelings.  Poor baby got his rattle taken away.

It’s always super obvious when someone gets a good dig in and the other person struggles with a comeback, especially when it’s a late one. “Yeah well....the jerk store called...”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Native Horn said:

No shit man, does Dotard have any authority whatsoever to tell the Speaker of the House where and when she can travel?  Hope she tells him to fuck right the fuck off.

He made it public knowledge that she was traveling to a war zone so he effectively shutdown the trip. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

he's denying her a military resource as CiC. the letter said she's free of course to fly commercial.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is the concerning part, not that trump cares about things like that.

i'm interested to see pelosi's response, if there is any.

as a followup: she was scheduled to leave this afternoon, and the trump admin made moves today to block her from using military resources to fly into the warzone. And made it public. He's limiting the ability of a co-equal branch of government to do its job. This is insane.

Edited by Captainant

13 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s always super obvious when someone gets a good dig in and the other person struggles with a comeback, especially when it’s a late one. “Yeah well....the jerk store called...”

She should respond with "well I had sex with your wife!"

• Like 1

I wish Pelosi would ramp it up a little and start highlighting this as a vanity project.  I would have no problem if she lied and said she knew it was dumb idea when he told her he wanted to put his name all along the wall - "The Trump Southern Border Security Wall" -  and maybe even carve his likeness into it in a few places.  I wish the Dems would play dirtier.  

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This Pentagon presser felt like there was silent tension during his border speech. Could have just been the short clip I saw, but didn't feel like the crowd was into it. 

American troops were just killed and he doesn’t seem to care.  So I’m not surprised they were quiet. 

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nobody outside of Illinois knew who Obama was before the primaries started to heat up.

Nope.

Obama gave the 2004 DNC speech and it was a national sensation. By 2006 he had a Newsweek cover (or more, at least one), a NYT bestselling book, and he won a Grammy in 2006. Obama came into the Senate in 2005 a MASSIVE international celebrity.

And he had an inspirational story.

I knew Barry Obama. And Beto... you're no Barry Obama.

• Like 2