Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nope.

Obama gave the 2004 DNC speech and it was a national sensation. By 2006 he had a Newsweek cover (or more, at least one), a NYT bestselling book, and he won a Grammy in 2006. Obama came into the Senate in 2005 a MASSIVE international celebrity.

Nah.  He was a celebrity among political wonks.  The general electorate?  No way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

American troops were just killed and he doesn’t seem to care.  So I’m not surprised they were quiet. 

Well, he can't blame their deaths on Hillary, and if Trump can't use dead soldiers as a political prop, they are of no use to him.  So, there's that.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

OR.....his ascendancy tells us that our concept of "appearing to be presidential" is a different look than we once thought.

Brash, loud, bold, shameless.....THAT'S presidential these days.

We would elect The Rock president in a heartbeat.  And I don't mean Dwayne Johnson -- I mean The Rock, the wrestling character that he plays.  We are Rome, we are all in the coliseum, and echoing off of every pillar is "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?!?!"

At this point I'd rather have an actual rock as President.

Just now, TexLonghorn said:

I've shared this story in pieces before.  I have a cousin who works on.....well, I'm not sure.  But it involves satellites and targeting.  His colleagues work on similar secret shit, and they're compartmentalized - they don't know what the guy in the next office is doing.  

When you're working on certain projects, there sometimes are secure "chats" among the operational team that take place via computer.  One of his colleagues came and got him one morning and said "okay, I can show you this, and you gotta see it."   The guy had his screen up and running, and had literally taped pieces of paper over it to cover up all of the conversation except this one line from one of his operational partners:

"Six months of op planning blown because of a fucking tweet."

That's what we're dealing with.

If we get into a serious crisis, what would it take to get us through it? What if the market collapses? What if we get into another war with <pick your enemy>? Is there any doubt that Private Two Scoops would make it exponentially worse? Things could start to degrade at an irretrievable rate.

Would it take a military coup to save the USA?

5 minutes ago, retread said:

If we get into a serious crisis, what would it take to get us through it? What if the market collapses? What if we get into another war with <pick your enemy>? Is there any doubt that Private Two Scoops would make it exponentially worse? Things could start to degrade at an irretrievable rate.

The problem is we are already in a serious crisis and half the population doesn’t even acknowledge it.

Any subsequent crisis will most likely be a consequence of the current crisis.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

Ask him to navigate on point thru one Freddy Fender song non prompted

That is all we ask

Si te quire de verdad
Y te da felicidad
Te de seo lo mas bueno pa'los dos
Pero si te hace llorar
A mi me puedes hablar
Y estare contigo cuando treste estas

I'm guessing he couldn't find  McAllen on a map if you gave him 3 chances.

Just now, sachick said:

Why did he sign the letter with a sharpie?

he only writes in sharpies.

seriously.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-uses-personalized-sharpie-pen-2018-11

Trump is known for his signature writing tool — the Sharpie pen.

In fact, his thick and highly legible Sharpie scrawl has caused problems for the president in the past — giving away notes to his speech and making some of his private thoughts visible to the public.

Despite this, he has continued to use the Sharpie to sign executive orders, mark up drafts of important speeches, and add notes like "a teacher marking a quiz," Guardian writer Sam Wolfson wrote in July.

What is lesser known, however, is that Trump struck up a deal with Sharpie to have these pens personalized for himself.

Toward the end of the first episode of HBO's new four-part series done with political website Axios, Trump broke into a monologue professing his love for the Sharpie pen and disdain for the government-ordered pen that is traditionally used by US Presidents. Meanwhile, Axios reporter Jonathan Swan and its CEO, Jim VandeHei, patiently listened on the sidelines.

"I was signing documents with a very expensive pen and it didn't write well," Trump said. "It was a horrible pen, and it was extremely expensive," he added, referring to the so-called government-ordered pen.

"And then I started using just a Sharpie, and I said to myself, well wait a minute, this much writes much better and this cost almost nothing." At this point in the monologue, Trump pulled out a standard grey Sharpie pen from his draw.

"So, I called up the folks at Sharpie and I said, 'do me a favor, can you make the pen in black? Can you make it look rich?'" he said.

According to Trump, Sharpie's response was not only that they could they do that, but they also offered to put his signature on it. Trump proudly flashed the gold labeled pen to the camera.

Sharpie's parent company Newell Brands did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.

(i added the emphasis)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Also CNN is reporting that this travel was not known publicly previously, so trump just put pelosi's shit on blast and created a security risk for the SECOND PERSON IN THE LINE OF SUCCESSION for the presidency. Just absolutely zero regard towards safety of the republic or its ability to conduct its business.

What’s the security risk? She’s not going anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, retread said:

I can tell you this: it’s clear his business interests and twitter game are more important than anything that could affect the American people. 

He would spend hours perfecting his tweets while shit went down. 

1 hour ago, retread said:

800,000 Americans are not getting paid for work bc Cheeto won't let go of a campaign meme.

It’s not a campaign meme, it’s a desperate distraction from Mueller.  Rudy isn’t out there saying stupid shit for nothing - he’s trying to soften the blow and get the blame placed elsewhere.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The problem is we are already in a serious crisis and half the population doesn’t even acknowledge it.

Any subsequent crisis will most likely be a consequence of the current crisis.  

That ain't no shit. The president's lawyer all but admitted that Trumps campaign colluded with the russians last night. Shit is getting real, and we have doddering old folks on both sides of this fucking mess. 

• Like 1

Pelosi's spokesperson:

Personally, I don't think she gives a fuck, probably happy.... She should come out and agree with him that it's probably better to reschedule and ask him to open the government so Congress can express their appreciation to the men and women serving abroad.

Then.... she should cancel the cable in the White House.  LOL.