Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thanks for posting this. I don't know much about this case. I followed the link to the Miami Herald site and watched the excellent video. Epstein lured in hundreds of teenage girls for sex and twice got hideously favorable deals from local yokels and then the US Attorney, Acosta.

I don't want to believe that Bill Clinton stooped to using Epstein to procure teenage girls, but if he did, he needs to burn with any of Epstein's friends who may have done the same thing. Nice to see Ken Starr has a specialty practice protecting rapers. Somebody needs to cuff him all the way down I-10 from California to Florida. POS

We seem to be living in a time when our American world is being revealed as a vile, amoral shithole. I've never considered myself naive, but the Me Too revelations, the nasty face of large scale racism, the morally bankrupt evangelical political movement, and this story about how easy it is for the wealthy to commit morally sick crimes on a huge scale make me feel like I've been walking around blind.

I've never believed we were the great exception, the shining city on the hill and all that bullshit. But I did think we were at least trying to be the good guys. Good guys are starting look like suckers.

Edited by RomaVicta
not enough words. put in words. words is hard
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Thanks for posting this. I don't know much about this case. I followed the link to the Miami Herald site and watched the excellent video. Epstein lured in hundreds of teenage girls for sex and twice got hideously favorable deals from local yokels and then the US Attorney, Acosta.

I don't want to believe that Bill Clinton stooped to using Epstein to procure teenage girls, but if he did, he needs to burn with any of Epstein's friends who may have done the same thing. Nice to see Ken Starr has a specialty practice protecting rapers. Somebody needs to cuff him all the way down I-10 from California to Florida. POS

We seem to be living in a time when our American world is being revealed as a vile, amoral shithole. I've never considered myself naive, but the Me Too revelations, the nasty face of large scale racism, the morally bankrupt evangelical political movement, and this story about how easy it is for the wealthy to commit morally sick crimes on a huge scale make me feel like I've been walking around blind.

I've never believed we were the great exception, the shining city on the hill and all that bullshit. But I did think we were at least trying to be the good guys. Good guys are starting look like suckers.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2018/12/22/epstein-dershowitz-lawsuit-allegations/

documents filed in a recently settled lawsuit against billionaire, Harvard donor, and convicted sex offender Jeffrey E. Epstein allege Epstein directed a second woman to have sex with Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan M. Dershowitz.

The new charge against Dershowitz came to light during a Nov. 7 hearing in a lawsuit filed by Sarah Ransome against Epstein, his associate Ghislaine Maxwell, and several others, the Miami Herald reported Wednesday. Ransome alleges Epstein and Maxwell trafficked her for sex in 2006 and 2007.

Epstein — who holds strong ties to the University through multi-million dollar donations and close relationships with high-profile affiliates — was first charged with operating a sex ring of underage girls out of his Palm Beach, Fla. home in 2005. At the time, Dershowitz served on the seven-person legal team that struck a plea deal with prosecutors on Epstein’s behalf, the Herald reported in a three-part feature last month.

During the Nov. 7 hearing, Maxwell’s lawyer, Laura Menninger, mentioned Dershowitz’s name as one of several “third party” persons Ransome alleges Epstein directed her to have sex with, the New York Daily News first reported. The transcript of that hearing, once publicly available, has since been sealed.

Nowhere in the case or the transcript does anyone allege Ransome had sex with Dershowitz, according to the Herald.

Dershowitz repeatedly denied the allegations in an interview with The Crimson Thursday.

Dershowitz said he has never met Ransome and he questioned her credibility. He said Ransome has previously contacted the New York Post with evidence that Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump had engaged in sexual activity with minors, but that a reporter from the Post had told him Ransome was not credible.

Dershowitz said he believes he is a victim, which is why he is “speaking out” publicly about the accusation.

“I am a victim of a false accusation, a deliberate false accusation, an attempt to frame me for money,” he said. “And victims should speak out.”

Ransome’s lawyer David Boies responded to Dershowitz’s comments on his clients in an email to The Crimson Friday, writing that “it is reprehensible for him to continue to attack and demean young women who he knows were sex trafficking victims of his friend and client Jeffrey Epstein.”

Boies declined to comment on the “specific facts that were revealed in discovery” in Ransome’s case, citing “existing protective orders.”

Dershowitz first faced allegations of having sexual relations with a minor in 2015, when Virginia Roberts — another woman who accused Epstein of trafficking her — stated in an affidavit in a Florida federal court that Epstein “forced” her to have sexual relations with Dershowitz “while she was a minor, not only in Florida but also on private planes, in New York, New Mexico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.”

Dershowitz has denied Roberts’ allegations multiple times over several years and has stated that he has never met Roberts. The judge presiding over the case ultimately struck the allegations from the record without commenting on their veracity, stating that they were not relevant to the suit.

Dershowitz previously wrote in a letter to the Herald that he not only “denied” that he had sex with Roberts — as was reported in the Herald — but that he “disproved it” during an investigation run by former FBI chief Louis J. Freeh.

After the new allegation against Dershowitz became public earlier this week, Ransome’s suit was confidentially settled Thursday, court documents state.

Dershowitz said Boies orchestrated Ransome’s allegation against him in retaliation for a bar complaint Dershowitz filed against Boies, calling Boies a “villain.”

“This is the result of a threat by David Boies, against whom I filed ethics charges with the bar, that if I did not withdraw my ethics charges, he would come up with another woman,” Dershowitz said.

Boies wrote that Dershowitz’s accusations against him are “completely false.”

“Mr. Dershowitz should be ashamed of himself,” Boies wrote. “I am ashamed he is a member of my profession.”

“Harvard should be ashamed of his association with it,” he added.

Harvard spokespeople Robb London and Melodie Jackson declined to comment for this story.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

More recent works too.....

meghan-mccain-dae91a3a-3227-4bbe-a0b4-17

There's just something about her.....I can't put my finger on it....

You dont put your finger on it son....you just grab it.  I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

• Like 1

Can one of you lawyer types explain how a criminal felony case can be prosecuted and the entire case and all its evidence can be subsequently sealed from public view?  How is that even possible?  I can kinda understand the civil case since it was settled but a criminal case is not public record??

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

LOL, i remember now.  Thats funny

Well thousands of Americans died and he made it about himself and he wants to take away aid (or did already) but yeah “funny”

Edited by achooloco
Added more truth
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Megan McCain only takes shots at Trump when it involves her late father.

The rest of the time she’s still a full fledged trumpublican.

Her lies and deliberately distorted commentary on abortion this week were gross and enraging.

I don’t have a dick to override my brain, so my thinking on her isn’t nuanced.

Fuck that chubby talking ball of Botox and hair bleach.

Yeah, she's got a nice rack and made a nice speech at her daddy's funeral but she's mostly a pretty loathsome character from what I've seen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Her lies and deliberately distorted commentary on abortion this week were gross and enraging.

Nobody is saying she should be president. We just want to honk her boobs.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

bill hader snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

this is a very alarming aspect to trump's presidency, honestly. i think the reason he doesn't mind murderous autocrats is because he wants to be one himself. this is worse than all the graft crimes and russian collusion. he really wants to be able to murder people with impunity. i really think he wishes he could have jim acosta dragged screaming from the press pool to some dungeon somewhere for torture.

he just is a terrible human being. you have to think: if you were in the presence of a known murderer, would you be cool with that? i know being president means you have to rub shoulders with some unsavory characters, but you do not have to heap lavish praise on the shoulders of known killers. but he does, with kim, with putin, with MBS. our president wants to be like those people. or maybe he is already like those people, he just cannot act as they do, and it infuriates him. 

think about that for a second, because it really transcends politics.

I posted this in 2016. He shows all the characteristics. And then 63,000,000 Americans voted for the piece of shit.

Edited by Bookman

33 minutes ago, Bookman said:

It says a lot about where we are as a country morally.

Yeah, it sucks, but I'm not sure we're generally worse than any other country. It's just clear now that we're not generally better than others either, and most of us probably thought otherwise until recently.

I'd bet most countries have similar proportions of shitty/less shitty/decent/good/great people among them. The truth is that there are a lot of people who can either be shitty or good people depending on what's expected of them from their friends, family, and society. I think you'll find a similar thirst for authoritarianism among similar percentages of the population in most countries. However,  where that thirst for authoritarianism used to be suppressed here by societal expectations that good Americans support democracy and individual rights, those expectations have been eroded and replaced with a social permission structure that allows and even encourages public embrace of authoritarianism. In theory, that permission structure can be destroyed and replaced with something else that shames such behavior and demands something better. Fuck if I know how to do that though.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Very Presidential. 

I guess he figures, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Cohen said Trump wanted his campaign to be an infomercial, but Trump seems to have decided to keep the infomercial going through his Presidency.

Despite his constant assault on our democratic institutions Trump is more vulnerable than he’s ever been during his presidency.

In the first year he had guys like Mattis, McMaster, Cohn, and Tillerson that would somewhat protect Trump and the country from his worst impulses.

The B team of Sessions, Rosenstein, Priebus, McGahn, Paul Ryan, Kelly, and even Bannon to some extent were better than the syncophants he’s surrounded himself with now. 

All those human guard rails are gone which arguably makes Trump more dangerous but he’s much weaker because there is no one protecting Trump from himself.  

It’s going to be a long year for team MAGA. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While true, I think one side sees the light at the end of the tunnel while the MAGA folks will descend into the abyss. 

True.

But, in fairness, a lot of the MAGA crowd suffers from cataracts so it's hard for them to see anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Very Presidential. 

Alright fellow golfers; you think this place is better than Augusta National?  Pebble Beach?  St. Andrews?

Aside from that, I 'member when he was going to divest himself as much as possible from his properties. Now, he's openly promoting them on Twitter.

You slapdicks that support this grifting piece of shit; your day is reckoning.  You've lost all your privileges to bitch and criticize about a future Democratic president.  All of 'em.  You sold your fucking souls for this piece of shit.  You own it.

• Like 3

Yeah, it sucks, but I'm not sure we're generally worse than any other country. It's just clear now that we're not generally better than others either, and most of us probably thought otherwise until recently.
I'd bet most countries have similar proportions of shitty/less shitty/decent/good/great people among them. The truth is that there are a lot of people who can either be shitty or good people depending on what's expected of them from their friends, family, and society. I think you'll find a similar thirst for authoritarianism among similar percentages of the population in most countries. However,  where that thirst for authoritarianism used to be suppressed here by societal expectations that good Americans support democracy and individual rights, those expectations have been eroded and replaced with a social permission structure that allows and even encourages public embrace of authoritarianism. In theory, that permission structure can be destroyed and replaced with something else that shames such behavior and demands something better. Fuck if I know how to do that though.

We have better hamberders
  • Haha 1

Officials say Trump overstated Kim's demand on sanctions

Trump spoke with reporters soon after the talks broke down and said the dispute over sanctions was the deal breaker.

“Basically, they wanted the sanctions lifted in their entirety, and we couldn’t do that,” he said. “We had to walk away from that.”

Hours later, two senior members of the North’s delegation told reporters that was not what Kim had demanded. They insisted Kim had asked only for partial sanctions relief in exchange for shutting down the North’s main nuclear complex. Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho said the North was also ready to offer in writing a permanent halt of the country’s nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile tests.

According to a senior official who briefed the media on condition he not be named because he was not authorized to discuss the negotiations publicly, the North Koreans “basically asked for the lifting of all sanctions.”

But he acknowledged the North’s demand was only for Washington to back the lifting of United Nations Security Council sanctions imposed since March 2016 and didn’t include the other resolutions going back a decade more.

What Pyongyang was seeking, he said, was the lifting of sanctions that impede the civilian economy and the people’s livelihood — as Ri had claimed.

But Kim wasn’t looking for the lifting of sanctions on armaments. Those were imposed earlier, from 2006, when the North conducted its first nuclear test.

For Pyongyang, that’s a key difference.

While it claims that its nuclear weapons are needed for self-defense, it was offering to at least for the time being accept sanctions directly related to nuclear weapons and missile technology. But the North has always considered the imposition of sanctions on other areas of trade even more nefarious and was singling them out as their negotiation point.

https://apnews.com/85250b96c38b4a238139e753302d9742

Edited by retread

56 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The B team of Sessions, Rosenstein, Priebus, McGahn, Paul Ryan, Kelly, and even Bannon to some extent were better than the syncophants he’s surrounded himself with now

Bannon has somehow stayed out of prison and stayed clear of most, if not all, of the legal fiascos. 

Almost like he knew what a shitshow things were going to become.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The only thing NK has we want is access to their WMD inventory. 

Any written promises by NK are less than worthless. 

It's all a game. They'll never allow inspections or give up any nukes.

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Joe Rogain sucks.  Sorry mma Axe body spray, douchbags, he does. He is fucking lame. 

Plus he’s a moon landing truther.  

What I love about Jones losing it in that clip, is that Trump was on his show.  

The Best People.  The Best Judgement.