Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Some Americans won't inoculate against measles, how do you expect them to protect themselves from political propaganda?

Some Americans refuse to believe the earth is round.  You just have to get enough of the population to recognize these people are idiots.

Well we could start putting in FOCI mitigation regulations in place like we do on government contractors.  Instead of this.

FCC Approves For the First Time 100% Foreign Ownership of US Broadcast Stations

By David Oxenford on February 24, 2017Posted in AM Radio, FM Radio, Multiple Ownership Rules, Public Interest Obligations/Localism, Television

The FCC yesterday released its first decision approving 100% foreign ownership of a group of US broadcast stations. This comes after significant relaxation of the FCC’s interpretation of the foreign ownership limits which, less than 4 years ago, had been interpreted to effectively prohibit foreign ownership of more than 25% of a company controlling broadcast licensees (see our article here about the 2013 decision to relax the restrictive policy). In yesterday’s decision, the FCC approved the application of an LLC controlled 100% by a husband and wife, both Australian citizens, to acquire complete control over several companies that are the licensees of 7 AMs, 8 FMs, 13 FM translators, and 1 TV translator in Alaska and Texarkana, Arkansas and Texas. The FCC’s approval requires that these individuals get FCC approval if any other foreign owners are added to their company, but otherwise imposes no other significant conditions on this acquisition. Given the simple 50/50 ownership of a husband and wife in a closely held company, the ownership reporting and analysis conditions imposed on public companies who have been allowed to exceed the 25% threshold in the past (see our article here and here) were not required in this case.

27 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Some Americans won't inoculate against measles, how do you expect them to protect themselves from political propaganda?

Exactly. And the difference is that, in the case of measles, they don't actually want to contract measles. 

• Like 3

From the previous page:

VVV  

"It carries his message and it also gives him a message a lot of the time,” she said. “Trump picks up on what he sees on Fox, and I’ve got quotes from people who are very close in to the White House, people who worked in the White House, in and out of Fox, saying what you’ve got is a dysfunctional White House all of the time with no normal decision-making process, where a lot of the policy-making is the president picking up what’s on Fox.” 

“Then I describe how Fox puts on what it does on the news, which is shocking in many ways,” Mayer added. “I mean, taking stuff straight off of the most crackpot blogs. Don’t take it me, take it from the people who are quoted from Fox saying so.”

I'd like to know more about those "crackpot blogs" and who or what entities are behind the messaging that Fox is picking up and delivering to Trump.  

Edited by triplehorn

58 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Every time he lies, they should say he lied. Every single time. If they broadcast his rallies, there should be a running total at the bottom of the screen that tics up every time.

Number of Lies: 1

Number of Lies: 2

Number of Lies: 3

etc

And it should ding every time...like when you get a correct answer on Family Feud

• Like 1

Should we just start an all-encompassing investigations thread for this clown? I'm betting this is the first of many:
https://www.apnews.com/c1c319d8e4c943a482d03195d069e92a

House Judiciary panel launches sweeping Trump probe
By MARY CLARE JALONICKan hour ago

Donald Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House Judiciary Committee is launching a sweeping new probe of President Donald Trump, his White House, his campaign and his businesses, sending document requests to 81 people linked to the president and his associates.

Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said Monday the investigation will be focused on possible obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power. The aggressive, broad investigation could set the stage for an impeachment effort, although Democratic leaders have pledged to investigate all avenues and review special counsel Robert Mueller’s report before trying any drastic action.

Nadler said that the document requests , with responses to most due by March 18, are a way to “begin building the public record” and that the committee has the responsibility to investigate and hold public hearings.

“Over the last several years, President Trump has evaded accountability for his near-daily attacks on our basic legal, ethical, and constitutional rules and norms,” Nadler said in announcing the beginning of the probe. “Investigating these threats to the rule of law is an obligation of Congress and a core function of the House Judiciary Committee.”

Now that Democrats hold a majority in the House, the new probe is a sign that Trump’s legal and political peril is nowhere near over, even as the special counsel’s Russia investigation winds down. The move all but guarantees that potentially damaging allegations will shadow Trump for months to come as Democrats try to keep them in the public eye.

Nadler’s announcement comes after the House intelligence panel has already announced a separate probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election and Trump’s foreign financial interests. The House Oversight and Reform Committee has launched multiple investigations. Several other committees are probing related matters as well, and while many might overlap, the committee chairmen and chairwomen say they are working together on the investigations.

The list of 81 names touches on all parts of Trump’s life — his businesses, his campaign, the committee that oversaw the transition from campaign to the White House and the White House. There are also people connected to Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, including participants in a meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer before the election.

In a letter to the White House, the committee asks for information surrounding former FBI Director James Comey’s termination, communications with Justice Department officials, the Trump Tower meeting and multiple other matters. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Monday the White House had received the letter and that “the counsel’s office and relevant White House officials will review it and respond at the appropriate time.”

The list includes two of the president’s children, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, and many of his current and former close advisers, including Steve Bannon. It also includes his embattled charitable foundation, which he is shutting down after agreeing to a court-supervised process, and officials at the FBI and Justice Department.

The committee is expected to use the information to amass information that officials can then comb through, according to a person familiar with the investigation. The person declined to be named to discuss the committee’s internal process. The committee expects some people to produce right away, and others may eventually face subpoenas, the official said. It is unclear how many will eventually be called in for interviews.

The announcement of the new investigation follows a bad political week for Trump. He emerged empty-handed from a high-profile summit with North Korea leader Kim Jong Un on denuclearization, and Trump’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, in three days of congressional testimony, publicly characterized the president as a “con man” and “cheat.”

Nadler previewed the announcement on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday, contending it’s “very clear” that Trump obstructed justice. He said House Democrats, now in the majority, are simply doing “our job to protect the rule of law” after Republicans during the first two years of Trump’s term were “shielding the president from any proper accountability.”

“We’re far from making decisions” about impeachment, he said.

In a tweet on Sunday, Trump blasted Mueller’s Russia investigation, calling it a partisan probe unfairly aimed at discrediting his win in the 2016 presidential election. “I am an innocent man being persecuted by some very bad, conflicted & corrupt people in a Witch Hunt that is illegal & should never have been allowed to start - And only because I won the Election!” he wrote.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., on Sunday accused House Democrats of prejudging Trump as part of a query based on partisan politics.

“I think Congressman Nadler decided to impeach the president the day the president won the election,” McCarthy said. “Listen to exactly what he said. He talks about impeachment before he even became chairman and then he says, ‘you’ve got to persuade people to get there.’ There’s nothing that the president did wrong.”

“Show me where the president did anything to be impeached,” he said.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has kept calls for impeachment at bay by insisting that Mueller first must be allowed to finish his work, and present his findings publicly — though it’s unclear whether the White House will allow the full release.

___

Associated Press writers Chad Day and Jill Colvin contributed to this report.

___

Read the document requests: http://apne.ws/87a9kpP

___

Follow all of AP’s Trump Investigations coverage at https://apnews.com/TrumpInvestigations

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Looks like they finally realized this collusion nonsense isn’t going to stick. 

LOL yeah they were going to ignore the myriad of crimes and ethical and abuses of power If only the collusion angle was going to stick. 

I think you’re confusing parties when it comes to rule of law, republicans have ignored it for two years

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Looks like they finally realized this collusion nonsense isn’t going to stick. 

I guess you didn't catch Adam Schiff on Face the Nation yesterday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/adam-schiff-on-face-the-nation-house-intelligence-committee-focusing-on-moscow-trump-tower-deal-potential-money-laundering/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Odds that he will fail spectacularly and hilariously in the process - 103%

Odds that the Trumpkins will shout from the rafters about how he "Totally owned those libs, hyuk hyuk hyuk" - 10infinity%

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ndsu football meeting with trump today...looks like more big macs and Wendy's! Lol

Big Macs and Chik Fil A

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/04/trump-meets-with-north-dakota-state-football-champions-wont-feed-them-fast-food/?utm_term=.e20841c821d1

North Dakota State is the latest championship team to visit President Trump at the White House, and the Bison, seven-time winners of the NCAA’s Football Championship Subdivision, were presented with a fast-food spread similar to the one that Clemson’s Tigers enjoyed in January.

The White House, as it did after Clemson won the College Football Playoff national championship game, offered up a fast-food feast to the celebrating players, this time with food from Chick-fil-A and McDonald’s.

Trump told the North Dakota State players that he could have had the White House chef prepare food for them, but instead opted for a thematic repeat of the menu he offered Clemson during the partial government shutdown.

“I know you people,” Trump said to laughter, noting the Clemson precedent and adding, “We like American companies.”

ZLAYZDB6UQI6TBNNO6PPAX6Z3A.jpg

Edited by Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I can tell you what I saw last week.  The dems over and over again trying to tie Russia collusion to Trump with his personal attny who apparently knew everything in the Trump world in his testimony and nada.  I think they were disappointed.

You understand that the oversight committee generally isn't going to be delving into issues regarding foreign influence in the electoral process, right?  That's why there were closed door hearings for the intelligence and judiciary committees.

Edited by DDD Dad