Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

According to Natasha Bertrand this is a 1996 photo of Trump in Moscow:

4DFA2175-C312-40E9-B5E1-78A33255B0F1_zps

55ECBD51-2B2F-4EDE-B86E-C435EE98910F_zps

53057E8F-088F-4170-8B3C-056E7E88A550_zps

350A89BF-B361-4FE3-9F06-5EC652C38D24_zps

7A1D8A30-B6D6-4AA8-8F7B-40BFFC361A1A_zps

Yes officer, that’s Mathew Calimari, I’d recognize him anywhere.

It is Trump in Moscow,  1996.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/30/trumps-russia-ties-new-scrutiny-amid-michael-cohen-plea/2149518002/

Here's what the Moscow Times had to say back in 1996:

http://old.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/tmt/316249.html

Is this bad for Trump?  Seems bad for Trump.

On Monday the House judiciary committee, which is on the front line of renewed Democratic efforts to hold the president accountable, will issue demands for documents from more than 60 people and entities. The targets include the president’s son Donald Trump Jr and the chief finance officer of Trump’s business empire, Allen Weisselberg, both of whom have been implicated in payments made to an adult film actor on Trump’s behalf in violation of campaign finance laws.

Good luck, Junior.

53 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Going to have to veto resolution ending his national emergency. I'm hoping more republicans grow a spine and jump on board to send a message. 

Will be interesting to see what tweets this produces. Will he trash Rand? 

Will also be interesting to see how many other GOP senators vote no now that Rand gave them cover. I doubt it will get to the veto proof margin. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I believe it when I see Rand actually vote accordingly.  As far as I'm concerned, he's in the same group with Flake, Graham, etc.

3 minutes ago, retread said:

Rand loves Rand.

Rand or any other republicans should not get special praise for doing their fucking job. 

Thanks for not being a total doormat, I suppose.

JMO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Will be interesting to see what tweets this produces. Will he trash Rand? 

Will also be interesting to see how many other GOP senators vote no now that Rand gave them cover. I doubt it will get to the veto proof margin. 

If rand is actually going thru with his word, I imagine 3-4 other gop senators can now safely vote against trump.

have they set the date of the vote?   I assume mccconnell will hold it on a Friday at 5pm to minimize the press and trump will veto it that night. 

17 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Trumps appearance and speech at CPAC is a new low. He’s losing it. And, I think he’s scared to death. Don Jr is also a duplicate of his dad and one of the worst examples of someone raised in wealth. Spoiled, arrogant and feels he’s privileged and entitled. What a terrible example they both are for their followers. 

Personification of: “Are Rich People Dicks or Do Dicks Get Rich?”

It never really occurred to me that there are people out there that fully believe that you have to be a dick to be rich, and that being said dick is forgivable, since it is one of the necessary evils one must embrace to be rich.  And since they know everyone values being rich much more important than being a good guy, then they win.  And they embrace and flaunt their dickishness.   It's like a reward for having money...being able to disregard everyone but yourself and your own.  And that is the Trumps and their ilk.  They believe themselves the winners, and can do whatever they want to the losers.   And their base lives vicariously through them. 

This is why he doesn't want his financials disclosed, because he will be exposed for the fraud he is.  He has inflated his wealth to match his dickishness.   Once that balloon bursts his whole "brand" sinks like a rock.  It is what he is, what his kids are...all dicks justifying their actions based on exaggerated wealth.  They can't stand the idea of being normal, well balanced humans.  That is boring, I suppose. 

This is the world we live in now: Deficit-swelling White House plans to use deficits against Democrats

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/01/trump-deficit-democrats-1198671

Republican political strategy for the last 40 years has been to increase the debt load in order to use it as a tool to bludgeon the Democrats into cutting social security and medicare. Everyone saw this coming a mile away.

50 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Republican political strategy for the last 40 years has been to increase the debt load in order to use it as a tool to bludgeon the Democrats into cutting social security and medicare. Everyone saw this coming a mile away.

It's diabolically cynical and typical of a morally bankrupt political party.

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Dutiful evangelicals should contemplate Trump's suffering over the course of this Lenten season.  Walk with Trump.  Feel his persecution by very bad and corrupt people.  Then on Ass Wednesday, smear feces on your forehead that the world may know you follow Lord Shithead.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
Pardon the imagery, but watching Trump dry hump the American flag at CPAC obliterated my sense of the profane. Fuck.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 3/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, it sucks, but I'm not sure we're generally worse than any other country. It's just clear now that we're not generally better than others either, and most of us probably thought otherwise until recently.

I'd bet most countries have similar proportions of shitty/less shitty/decent/good/great people among them. The truth is that there are a lot of people who can either be shitty or good people depending on what's expected of them from their friends, family, and society. I think you'll find a similar thirst for authoritarianism among similar percentages of the population in most countries. However,  where that thirst for authoritarianism used to be suppressed here by societal expectations that good Americans support democracy and individual rights, those expectations have been eroded and replaced with a social permission structure that allows and even encourages public embrace of authoritarianism. In theory, that permission structure can be destroyed and replaced with something else that shames such behavior and demands something better. Fuck if I know how to do that though.

great post and reply at @Bookman's post. 

You can start your rationalization really anywhere - but the point here is all people have all sides of the human condition. It takes a greater belief in an infrastructure that is above and beyond those various handicaps of our biology. 

@Bookman can say "it says alot about us morally" and I can say yes, and/or maybe not.

I take the tops down look here. The republicans could walk a farting tard out and get 45% of the vote. Its religion and ain't no one changing their mind. And this is a decades long downward spiral that we are all participating in and its zapping our principles. Ergo, we scream for border security from suffering 5 year olds and separate them from their parents. tis where this ride is right now.

Is there a point to all this?

I believe simply making more parties and choices would work to unravel this built up negativity and built up bad parts of our biology. but ain't no way to do that. 

Have a good Sunday evening friends. Remember, its just a ride. And its still nuke free...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scottsins said:

You don’t really think that’s what he was referring to, do you?

I don’t think that he has any idea what he is talking about. I think that the portion of that quote to attack is the part about “how evil they are”. I don’t think that trying to make a very dangerous trek to migrate to a place for economic opportunity makes one evil. I thinks it’s quite likely that some of the woman making that trip are concerned about possibility of sexual assault, and are carrying with them cheap and readily available progestin contraceptives to use in morning after regimens. I think that it’s likely that some border patrol agents have found these progestin pills on women and girls they have detained, and likely relayed an anecdote to dotard. Who saw an angle to make political points with the anecdote at CPAC. Which resulted in a Twitter clap back. Which happens to be pharmacologically not accurate. Taking extra contraceptives (in a morning after regimen) can in fact make you more not pregnant. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Personification of: “Are Rich People Dicks or Do Dicks Get Rich?”

It never really occurred to me that there are people out there that fully believe that you have to be a dick to be rich, and that being said dick is forgivable, since it is one of the necessary evils one must embrace to be rich.  And since they know everyone values being rich much more important than being a good guy, then they win.  And they embrace and flaunt their dickishness.   It's like a reward for having money...being able to disregard everyone but yourself and your own.  And that is the Trumps and their ilk.  They believe themselves the winners, and can do whatever they want to the losers.   And their base lives vicariously through them. 

This is why he doesn't want his financials disclosed, because he will be exposed for the fraud he is.  He has inflated his wealth to match his dickishness.   Once that balloon bursts his whole "brand" sinks like a rock.  It is what he is, what his kids are...all dicks justifying their actions based on exaggerated wealth.  They can't stand the idea of being normal, well balanced humans.  That is boring, I suppose. 

Trump behaves like a guy that is broke AF.  The 135k for Stormy Daniels says it all.  Would a legitimate multi-billionaire haggle such a random and low amount?  Elliot Broidy was paying out 1.2 million for a similar sex scandal through Cohen and he’s not even a politician.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t think that he has any idea what he is talking about. I think that the portion of that quote to attack is the part about “how evil they are”. I don’t think they trying to make a very dangerous trek to migrate to a place for economic opportunity makes one evil. I thinks it’s quite likely that some of the woman making that trip are concerned about possibility of sexual assault, and are carrying with them cheap and readily available progestin contraceptives to use in morning after regimens. I think that it’s likely that some border patrol agents have found these progestin pills on women and girls they have detained, and likely relayed an anecdote to dotard. Who saw an angle to make political points with the anecdote at CPAC. Which resulted in a Twitter clap back. 

Makes sense.  My main doubt was just based on My assumption that he would have used the term “abortion pill”, because his “people” love that term.

Edited by scottsins

20 minutes ago, staboner said:

I take the tops down look here. The republicans could walk a farting tard out and get 45% of the vote. Its religion and ain't no one changing their mind. And this is a decades long downward spiral that we are all participating in and its zapping our principles. Ergo, we scream for border security from suffering 5 year olds and separate them from their parents. tis where this ride is right now.

We are fundamentally broken as a country and society.  There are two different Americas now within our borders.  The conditions are near perfect for a real monster to demagogue as the solution once Trump is out of the picture.  

The next 10-15 years are going to be rough regardless of Trump’s fate.  We’ll be lucky to avoid a significant catastrophe of our own making. 

But it is just a ride. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We are fundamentally broken as a country and society.  There are two different Americas now within our borders.  The conditions are near perfect for a real monster to demagogue as the solution once Trump is out of the picture.  

The next 10-15 years are going to be rough regardless of Trump’s fate.  We’ll be lucky to avoid a significant catastrophe of our own making. 

But it is just a ride. 

It's been this way from the very beginning, in one way or another.

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's been this way from the very beginning, in one way or another.

Not to the point of reality itself being destroyed as it is now.  We had a common purpose and shared reality for much of the 20th century. 

We’re not getting out of this current state of destabilization without a serious reckoning. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Did we?

636011192852965746-712312113-whites-only

It’s not all about racism and identity politics.  We came together to fight WW2 to defeat Nazi fascism and Imperial Japan.  After that we worked to contain and suppress the spread of Communism throughout the world. 

Today the only enemies we see are Americans. 

This isn’t going to end well unless we find some common ground or a good excuse to keep this experiment going. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not all about racism and identity politics.  We came together to fight WW2 to defeat Nazi fascism and Imperial Japan.  After that we worked to contain and suppress the spread of Communism throughout the world. 

Today the only enemies we see are Americans. 

This isn’t going to end well unless we find some common ground or a good excuse to keep this experiment going. 

That's easy for a white man to say. Really easy.

• Like 2