Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Letter Firing Comey Went to Wrong Printer

- excerpt from Kushner Inc. by Vicky Ward:

"In early May 2017, an aide to Gary Cohn, who had an office on the second floor of the West Wing, noticed a document on his printer. It appeared to be a letter from Trump, firing Comey. It also appeared to have been sent to the wrong printer…

Trump was livid about the attention the FBI investigation was attracting, but to fire the head of the FBI while it was investigating him was an extraordinarily risky move. …

Cohn told his aide to take the letter straight to then-White House counsel Donald McGahn, who also had an office on the second floor of the White House (and whose printer it had clearly been meant for). Upon receiving it and realizing it had been printed in the wrong place, McGahn said, “Oh, f!@#!”

That brings the lulz...

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Jan 12, 1992. Carson was talking about Clinton and Gennifer Flowers during his Tonight Show monologue. He said that Flowers had lost her job but it was okay because she had already found a new one as "Donald Trump's backup mistress...in case Marla Maples is unable to fulfill her duties."

Trump's divorce from Ivanna was not yet finalized at the time after his well publicized affair with Maples. Trump has been a punchline for decades. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
Ivanna, not Ivanka. Trump Freudian slip.
  • Like 6

Letter Firing Comey Went to Wrong Printer
- excerpt from Kushner Inc. by Vicky Ward:
"In early May 2017, an aide to Gary Cohn, who had an office on the second floor of the West Wing, noticed a document on his printer. It appeared to be a letter from Trump, firing Comey. It also appeared to have been sent to the wrong printer…
Trump was livid about the attention the FBI investigation was attracting, but to fire the head of the FBI while it was investigating him was an extraordinarily risky move. …
Cohn told his aide to take the letter straight to then-White House counsel Donald McGahn, who also had an office on the second floor of the White House (and whose printer it had clearly been meant for). Upon receiving it and realizing it had been printed in the wrong place, McGahn said, “Oh, f!@#!”

Did they have to use an alternate because their first choice just said “PC LOAD LETTER?”

7ff9abcb5c75cdfe266c9202c38fe7f6.gif

Just called both cornyn and Cruz's offices, cornyn has flipped to full on maga-boner on the national emergency. Both are supporting on the basis of "well, it's legal I guess" and neither office would answer why they aren't concerned with the precedent this is setting

• Like 1

Just called both cornyn and Cruz's offices, cornyn has flipped to full on maga-boner on the national emergency. Both are supporting on the basis of "well, it's legal I guess" and neither office would answer why they aren't concerned with the precedent this is setting

Well, it MIGHT have something to do with them being spineless simpering sycophants.
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Meh.

It's already dead.  There will never be enough votes to overturn a veto though.  

Wait, what resolution?  Republican Senators are against the wall?

Oh wait . . . he's saying IF Republican Senators vote for the resolution they're siding with Democrats.  I think.  It looked as if he was saying they authored the resolution, because English mothafucka, do you speak it?

2 hours ago, slorch said:

You and your ilk are evidently in severe denial that somehow, both sides of a political game are engaged in political shenanigans.

My "ilk" recognize a certain pattern of criminal behavior that seems to permeate Republican administrations. During your and my lifetimes, 1 individual from a Democratic administration was convicted of a crime, compared to 89 from Republican ones. 

EXECUTIVE BRANCH CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES BY PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION
ADMINISTRATION PARTY

YEARS IN

OFFICE

CRIMINAL

INDICTMENTS

CRIMINAL

CONVICTIONS

PRISON

SENTENCES

BARACK OBAMA Democratic 8 0 0 0
GEORGE W. BUSH Republican 8 16 16 9
BILL CLINTON Democratic 8 2 1 1
GEORGE H. W. BUSH Republican 4 1 1 1
RONALD REAGAN Republican 8 26 16 8
JIMMY CARTER Democratic 4 1 0 0
GERALD FORD Republican 2.4 1 1 1
RICHARD NIXON Republican 5.6 76 55 15
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My "ilk" recognize a certain pattern of criminal behavior that seems to permeate Republican administrations. During your and my lifetimes, 1 individual from a Democratic administration was convicted of a crime, compared to 89 from Republican ones. 

ADMINISTRATION PARTY

YEARS IN

OFFICE

CRIMINAL

INDICTMENTS

CRIMINAL

CONVICTIONS

PRISON

SENTENCES

and, its weird how only "one side" has members who have admitted, pled guilty to, and been sentenced to prison for CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Their method of comforting somebody who is suicidal is misquoting Garth Brooks lyrics.

Fuck, at least quote Willie, or Merle, or Hank (Sr or Jr, but not III)

1 hour ago, Yuk said:

The President Ass Kick strategy is a sound path and plays to the administration's strength.  Nancy Pelosi won't stand a chance in a street fight with the police, the military or a gang of bikers.  They would totally kick her ass.  Honestly, the U.S. Armed Forces would probably be enough against Pelosi, but it's wise to layer all of your weapons and just totally crush her.  If Pelosi somehow survives the Navy Seals, which her geriatric ass won't, then you see how she fares against the Marines and then the Army Rangers.  I seriously doubt they'll even need the bikers, but having them prepared for deployment is only prudent.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

just invoking sturmabteilung, nothing to see here.

7 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Yep and yet no one bats an eye.

Again....imagine if Obama said shit like this.

This shit is unacceptable.  Completely.  100%.  It is incompatible with a functioning Republic.  It is OPPOSED to it.  The President of the United States is in active and direct opposition to a functioning government and a dissenting public, so much so that he threatens force against them.

This is banana republic bullshit, and today's GOP is fine with it.  Completely fine with it.  The party is working in perfect concert to undermine the foundational principles and mechanisms of a functioning country.  If an outside party was doing and saying what they were, we'd rightly brand them as an enemy force.  But to the GOP supporters, it's very cool.  What's a little threat of using the instruments of the state and de facto militias to threaten political violence on your opponents?  No big deal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's actually threatening his political opponents.  What a world.

you have to remember that there are people on both sides who do bad things and therefore, this is perfectly fine and we really shouldn't make a stink about it, or even talk about it, really.

-Slorch

• Like 2

This is why he loves Putin, Erdogan, Duterte, China executing people for non violent crimes, Saudi bone saws, etc.  I'm sure this will ruffle the white trash from Bastrop so much that Governor Abbott will have to sooth our fears by activating the Texas Guard to high alert.  Enough with this pussy "checks and balances" shit against the best president in two years ever.  It's finally time to get as dumb as humanly possible.      

• Like 2

I like how Thom Tillis goes off and writes this in an Op-ed (so not a spur of the moment question)

As a U.S. senator, I cannot justify providing the executive with more ways to bypass Congress. As a conservative, I cannot endorse a precedent that I know future left-wing presidents will exploit to advance radical policies that will erode economic and individual freedoms.

Then goes and votes with Trump. Not a good move there Tillis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I like how Thom Tillis goes off and writes this in an Op-ed (so not a spur of the moment question)

Well, what you have to understand here is, party over country.  Always.  Every time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Some jerkoff senator from South Dakota said something similar earlier.  He basically said that he was voting for the emergency this time, but was open in the future to going against similar declarations.  

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Some jerkoff senator from South Dakota said something similar earlier.  He basically said that he was voting for the emergency this time, but was open in the future to going against similar declarations.  

Well it's time for the veto then the override attempt. Good for Romney and Paul. 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Mike Lee just kissed the orange ring while stating he was going to vote against the emergency.

"This isn't about the President or his efforts on the border. I still support those efforts. blah blah blah"

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

ADMINISTRATION PARTY

YEARS IN

OFFICE

CRIMINAL

INDICTMENTS

CRIMINAL

CONVICTIONS

PRISON

SENTENCES

I see now you’re finally admitting that both parties have criminals in them. 

And I notice how you have conveniently left out the statistics for the trump administration which will obviously prove your so called Republican criminal “theory” totally wrong. I mean how many convictions are there? One? Fucking mueller is just sandbagging and aiding the presidential harassment. 

MAGA motherfucker!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

our residential "constitutional scholar" voted against blocking naked Executive overreach.

go figure.

Image result for ted cruz

His stance and cornyn's stance is that "well it's legal", which completely ignores the question being asked and the choice that they have. Sure, it may be (currently) legal for the executive to subvert the will of the people, but they have the authority and ability to legally stop him.