Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not a lawyer. 

I find it astounding that a lawyer can get away with ignoring a subpoena.   I hope that in the future, everybody in every case that McGahn is involved with, ignores every subpoena.  

IMHO, a lawyer that pulls this shit should lose his law license, quickly.  

I'm not a lawyer either, but I don't understand how McGhan's employer, Jones Day, would countenance McGhan resisting a duly executed subpoena "under penalty " when that penalty could possibly extend to the Firm.

5 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I get all my opinions from Cat Turd...

I thought it was funny and anyone who thinks Trump isn't the anti-Christ was called out by bamer chica for never showing up in here. 

Cat Turd just quoted PotUS Dotard.   Assuming it is a direct quote.

Just threw the Trump roasting AOC's green new deal train to europe, or hawaii as he joked, in for humor.  how much would a train to europe, or hawaii, cost vs the boondoggle that was suspended in Cali(likely canceled in reality but we won't know for a decade or so)

Edited by zork

6 hours ago, retread said:

The precedent is there. An inquiry is more than warranted. This isn't a partisan thing. This is right vs wrong, legal vs illegal. We support the Constitution, not the Party. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

The precedent is there. An inquiry is more than warranted. This isn't a partisan thing. This is right vs wrong, legal vs illegal. We support the Constitution, not the Party. 

Yep, Democrats refusal to do their constitutional duty is putting party over country too. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zork said:

I thought it was funny and anyone who thinks Trump isn't the anti-Christ was called out by bamer chica for never showing up in here. 

Just threw the Trump roasting AOC's green new deal train to europe, or hawaii as he joked, in for humor.  how much would a train to europe, or hawaii, cost vs the boondoggle that was suspended in Cali(likely canceled in reality but we won't know for a decade or so)

What the hell are you babbling about

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zork said:

Image result for coming to america stay off the drugs

• Like 1

What in the fried chicken fuck are you talking about?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Yep, Democrats refusal to do their constitutional duty is putting party over country too. 

I think Pelosi sees the writing on the wall with Biden close to a lock for 2020. As such she's ok running out the clock for the next 18 months. 

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

But she’s so good at politics, wont these assholes let her play politics.  JFC

5 hours ago, RPM said:

3 hours ago, horncyclist said:

40 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I think Pelosi sees the writing on the wall with Biden close to a lock for 2020. As such she's ok running out the clock for the next 18 months. 

All reasonable takes. I'll risk getting laughed off the board to suggest another possibility.

Maybe Pelosi's reluctance is political theater. Her hesitation softens the appearance of zealous partisanship driving the Dems toward impeachment. At some point, and soon, she can say, "Now, even I am convinced that impeachment is the only path. The president's actions in the last several weeks added to the apparent obstruction of justice evident in the Mueller Report leave us no choice."

Either that or it's just more Dem weakness.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

All reasonable takes. I'll risk getting laughed off the board to suggest another possibility.

Maybe Pelosi's reluctance is political theater. Her hesitation softens the appearance of zealous partisanship driving the Dems toward impeachment. At some point, and soon, she can say, "Now, even I, am convinced that impeachment is the only path. The president's actions in the last several weeks added to the apparent obstruction of justice evident in the Mueller Report leave us no choice."

It's more Dem weakness. They're incapable of realizing that this isn't just a replay of the W administration and that the GOP really will destroy American democracy and lock them all up to retain power.

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

At some point, and soon, she can say, "Now, even I am convinced that impeachment is the only path. The president's actions in the last several weeks added to the apparent obstruction of justice evident in the Mueller Report leave us no choice."

It’s more Dem weakness AND it could also be true.  The Mueller report is a bag of smoking guns for an impeachment inquiry.  Even objective republicans acknowledge this.  Nancy waiting on them is weakness. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Maybe Pelosi's reluctance is political theater. Her hesitation softens the appearance of zealous partisanship driving the Dems toward impeachment. At some point, and soon, she can say, "Now, even I am convinced that impeachment is the only path. The president's actions in the last several weeks added to the apparent obstruction of justice evident in the Mueller Report leave us no choice."

Seems like a stretch, but I sure hope so... 

11 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

(snip)

Any Trump supporters here got anything for me?

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

As I pointed out this weekend, they seem to avoid this thread.

They spill their palaver all over the abortion thread and the Mueller thread and other various threads but for some reason they avoid the topic devoted to their orange demigod like the plague.

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

What the hell are you babbling about

the 2nd post is the reference.  

11 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Seems like a stretch, but I sure hope so... 

If Pelosi is playing rope-a-dope with impeachment, she should go HAM when she flips the switch.  However, we can all reasonably assume she isn’t going to do that because history. 

I was under the illusion the Dems were playing rope-a-dope with holding Trump accountable before the midterm elections.  I thought they were going soft during the campaign to win and then come in swinging.  That didn’t happen and Trump will continue to walk all over them until Congress pushes back hard. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

53 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I hope the author is different than one that wrote Hillary’s win on the wall in 2016

Yeah. I see Biden as one of the least electable. His many vulnerabilities and campaigning weaknesses drastically outweigh his moderate appeal upside. He would be Hilary 2.0 and if economy stays the current course and public opinion doesn't shift dramatically on the Mueller conduct and other Trump corruption, would give us Trump 2.0.

7 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Yeah. I see Biden as one of the least electable. His many vulnerabilities and campaigning weaknesses drastically outweigh his moderate appeal upside. He would be Hilary 2.0 and if economy stays the current course and public opinion doesn't shift dramatically on the Mueller conduct and other Trump corruption, would give us Trump 2.0.

The problem with Biden is his whole campaign is defined by Trump and Obama, as some sort of hollow compromise between the two.  Without Trump or Obama, Biden’s house of cards completely falls apart.   There’s nothing independently appealing about a Joe Biden presidency except a respite from Trumpism. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, zork said:

I think you’ve had a stroke.  Have someone rush you to the ER.  ASAP (that means fast)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The problem with Biden is his whole campaign is defined by Trump and Obama, as some sort of hollow compromise between the two.  Without Trump or Obama, Biden’s house of cards completely falls apart.   There’s nothing independently appealing about a Joe Biden presidency except a respite from Trumpism. 

You’re just worried about what the world would think of us if photos leaked out of our President washing his bitchin’ Trans Am in the White House driveway.  Their opinion of that won’t even come close to what they think of Trump.  

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

So...are you arguing that Hillary was one of the least electable candidates as evidenced by the fact that she once had a commanding lead in the polls but wound up losing the election while winning the popular vote? I'd say winning the popular vote qualifies you as at least electable. Are the only electable candidates the ones that win? If she was unelectable then Bernie was even more so since he couldn't even beat her. And he's been falling in the polls since Biden announced, stretching the distance between the top two. 

There's a long way to go before the election. We don't know how it will play out. Tell me which candidate you think is the most electable and I could probably find some past polling that shows another candidate with the same numbers who didn't go on to win election. That is if I wanted to waste my time on an exercise that wouldn't teach us anything useful. 

Biden is the best equipped to stand up to Trump's bullying and his bullshit on the debate stage and he won't have to sink to Trump's level and engage in petty name calling to do so. He has appeal in places like Wisconsin and Michigan and Pennsylvania, States that swung the election to Trump in 2016, and he has support from minorities unlike Sanders (and Buttigieg). One could reasonably argue that he's the most electable Democrat in the field.

Maybe you don't like him, but I think it's a stretch to call him one of the least electable. Are you sure you're not just saying that he's one of the candidates you'd least like to vote for? Because it doesn't look like the public agrees. Maybe he won't win, but he's definitely electable and will probably be on the stage when the primary debates are down to 3 or 4 candidates.