Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It’s my opinion that the trial in the Senate will be a layup for the Republicans if you don’t have quid pro quo. 

They will say “requesting foreign interference” is one version of the facts, “trying to get to the bottom of some alleged corruption  where the people with the most knowledge of it coincidentally are foreign” is another version of the facts. It’s not clear enough to me to be the bad version  to take the extraordinary step of removing the president over it,  right before lection could decide it anyway. 

If it is quid pro quo, you have a president clearly diverting military assets and interests for this investigation. 

It's going to be a lay up in the Senate as long as 90% of Republican voters support Donald Trump. 

• Like 1

Nsiap 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/george-conway-trump-unfit-office/599128/

Just as the Framers viewed the presidency as fiduciary, they understood the offenses that might disqualify the incumbent as breaches of that fiduciary duty. And that may well be why the discussion of Morris’s suggestion was so brief—the drafters knew what the words historically meant, because, as a House Judiciary Committee report noted in 1974, “at the time of the Constitutional Convention the phrase ‘high Crimes and Misdemeanors’ had been in use for over 400 years in impeachment proceedings in Parliament.” Certainly Alexander Hamilton knew by the time he penned “Federalist No. 65,” in which he explained that impeachment was for “those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust.”

------

Iowa resident Amy Haskins asked Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) an important question about President Trump on Thursday.

“Where is the line?” Haskins asked at a town hall. “When are you guys going to say, ‘Enough,' and stand up and say, ‘I’m not backing any of this?’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/04/where-is-line-joni-ernst-town-hall-questioner-sums-up-gops-trump-dilemma/

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Monica Lewinsky is a national treasure.

that just keeps blowing, and blowing...

energizer bunny GIF

4 hours ago, horn4life said:

A corrupt man, with a corrupt family, has corrupted the office of the President only because there is a corrupt GOP Senate

seating corrupt judges. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

DJ. like Honey Badger. DJ don't care if long boat goes boom boom at enemies. DJ and Lil' K'i'm' are friends so Lil' K'i'm' would never do that to DJ. But he will look into it...

It's still incredible to me how giant of a pussy he is, yet his supporters think he's the very definition of an alpha male.  Just an unbelievable disconnect.

25 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's still incredible to me how giant of a pussy he is, yet his supporters think he's the very definition of an alpha male.  Just an unbelievable disconnect.

That's the thing that strikes me - for all those on the ledge, Trump this week has been melting down in a manner that makes it clear that he's scared shitless of impeachment.    Either he expects more to come out, or thinks the Senate doesn't fully have his back.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's the thing that strikes me - for all those on the ledge, Trump this week has been melting down in a manner that makes it clear that he's scared shitless of impeachment.    Either he expects more to come out, or thinks the Senate doesn't fully have his back.

Why not both?

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or he's in dementia. Or he likes to yell.  Or who the fuck knows what's in his mind?  

The one thing I do know is that he committed a crime on national TV yesterday.  Was it only yesterday?  Each day now feels like a dog year.  And exactly three members of the GOP tweeted some mild irritation about it, and everyone else seems content to ignore it.   I see no reason to come in from the ledge, no matter what inanities trump does.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Or he's in dementia. Or he likes to yell.  Or who the fuck knows what's in his mind?  

The one thing I do know is that he committed a crime on national TV yesterday.  Was it only yesterday?  Each day now feels like a dog year.  And exactly three members of the GOP tweeted some mild irritation about it, and everyone else seems content to ignore it.   I see no reason to come in from the ledge, no matter what inanities trump does.

lucky for you we have global warming so the Fall won't be quite so biting while you're out there

10 hours ago, zork said:

Lulz. You are such a butthurt little twat, digging through my posts to find one to revenge neg. I'm assuming you did it for the 7 other people that also neg repped your lies, which is hilariously thin-skinned. You reacted the way the orange hobgoblin in chief acts. Makes total sense that you are trump knobslobber. 

You wear with pride what you should wear with shame, but you are too stupid and brain-washed to recognize it. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If the Southeastern Conference can have a chant, then so can DJ.

I-R-S!

I-R-S!

I-R-S!

That hasn't come out yet either, and there is a second whistleblower complaint related to pressure being applied with respect to the yearly audit for some odd odd little tiny tiny reason reason.

IRS

CIA

What country did Trump

Sell us out to today?

• Like 1