Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Of course it is. It's total bullshit and they know it. Mick Mulvaney was on Face the Nation saying "we know" that 60,000 illegals are coming into the country every month so the number "must" be higher than the 11 Million number that's been cited. He didn't bother to say how we know 60,000 are coming in every month. He also talked about the numbers higher than 11 Million that he's "seen" but didn't say where he saw them. (Maybe in an unsourced memo from Stephen Miller?)

They're manufacturing a crisis in preparation for Trump to declare a national emergency. 

The 60,000 number is how many the border patrol say they apprehended last month crossing the border.  I guess it is accurate unless the border patrol dont know basic arithmetic....But, how would anyone know how many didn't  get apprehended? Even if its a quarter of the number that did get apprehended that could add up pretty fast over time.

Edited by Rockymtns
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Ramdiesel said:

Again, how do you prove they are all apprehended at the border?  Nobody in the world can even give a completely accurate figure on how many people are here in the U.S. illegally.  

whoa.jpg?w=300&h=300

What if EVERYBODY is illegal, and we just don't tell each other??

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s not.  Just pointing out that the Trumpkins only have so much power. 

The currency is votes.  Without votes, all else is lost (barring total breakdown into fascism).

I don't care how much a politician values corporate money, he doesn't get the money if he's not in office.  This is really fucking simple.  Lose the votes, lose the money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockymtns said:

The 60,000 number is how many the border patrol say they apprehended last month crossing the border.  I guess it is accurate unless the border patrol dont know basic arithmetic....But, how would anyone know how many didn't  get apprehended? Even if its a quarter of the number that did get apprehended that could add up pretty fast over time.

There is no fucking way they apprehended 2,000 people per day, unless it is dominated by people taken into custody at normal crossing points.  There simply isn't enough manpower to capture many trying to cross in remote ares.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is no fucking way they apprehended 2,000 people per day, unless it is dominated by people taken into custody at normal crossing points.  There simply isn't enough manpower to capture many trying to cross in remote ares.

A lot of them in Arizona give themselves up voluntarily and get a free ride to a holding facility.  Once they have their day in court, they get released back into our country anyway if they don't have a bad criminal record...Not sure if it's the same in other states...

According to the politicians, we have a lot more border patrol now than ever. I don't think they are completely hurting for resources....And, the national guard is helping out too.

Edited by Rockymtns

18 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

A lot of them in Arizona give themselves up voluntarily and get a free ride to a holding facility.  Once they have their day in court, they get released back into our country anyway if they don't have a bad criminal record...Not sure if it's the same in other states...

According to the politicians, we have a lot more border patrol now than ever. I don't think they are completely hurting for resources....And, the national guard is helping out too.

Right, and there's no way they're apprehending more than a few dozen people per day.  It's just not possible.  Either populate the border with 100 or more officers per mile, which would force most seeking entry to turn back, or deal with the fact that the border is not "mannable", at least without technology like drones.  In the end, we've all seen how much work it is for a cop to process an arrest -- I seriously doubt most border patrol personnel could handle more than a dozen immigrants per day.  The math from there to 2,000 just doesn't make sense.

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Right, and there's no way they're apprehending more than a few dozen people per day.  It's just not possible.  Either populate the border with 100 or more officers per mile, which would force most seeking entry to turn back, or deal with the fact that the border is not "mannable", at least without technology like drones.  In the end, we've all seen how much work it is for a cop to process an arrest -- I seriously doubt most border patrol personnel could handle more than a dozen immigrants per day.  The math from there to 2,000 just doesn't make sense.

I don't know how much you know about the border, but they are obviously not monitoring every single mile of it...There are some spots on the border in Arizona that would be downright treacherous and hostile for people to cross. Vast miles of rugged mountains and desert.  So, they catch larger groups of people in the areas that are more approachable for immigrants.  Those areas that are close to a highway where someone on this side can pick them up...The coyotes bus them up to the border in large groups every day from the little border towns near the border then they hike across day in and out...A few border patrol agents could easily be catching a group of 50 to 100 migrants each day at just one of these crossings...You get 5 or 6 crossings like that just in Arizona and the numbers add up pretty fast.

Edited by Rockymtns

18 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

.A few border patrol agents could easily be catching a group of 50 to 100 migrants each day at just one of these crossings...You get 5 or 6 crossings like that just in Arizona and the numbers add up pretty fast.

Except they aren't.

44 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

I don't know how much you know about the border, but they are obviously not monitoring every single mile of it...There are some spots on the border in Arizona that would be downright treacherous and hostile for people to cross. Vast miles of rugged mountains and desert.  So, they catch larger groups of people in the areas that are more approachable for immigrants.  Those areas that are close to a highway where someone on this side can pick them up...The coyotes bus them up to the border in large groups every day from the little border towns near the border then they hike across day in and out...A few border patrol agents could easily be catching a group of 50 to 100 migrants each day at just one of these crossings...You get 5 or 6 crossings like that just in Arizona and the numbers add up pretty fast.

So they're stopping and apprehending 40 busloads per day?  That's your argument?

OK, Komrade.

^Can't wait to see how Cheeto works the Danish hogs into tomorrow's Wall tweets.

Brokaw from today's MTP. 

I hear when I push people, "I don't know if I want brown grandbabies... it's the inter-marriage that's going on ..."

Edited by retread

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

So they're stopping and apprehending 40 busloads per day?  That's your argument?

OK, Komrade.

40 busloads?  Im saying 50 to 100 migrants a day at each crossing being apprehended in AZ due to how many cross in those areas due to other areas being too treacherous. Im sure some days could be less. But when the economy picks up their are more immigrants  trying to come across.

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It's been obvious Trump can't read a teleprompter and talk at the same time, now I'm thinking he just can't read all that well. Someone on his staff should point out he's reading the wrong poll numbers.

Sorry Donny, if you wanted your wall so bad you really should have pushed it up as a priority. You ain't getting jack shit done these next two years. You've pretty much succeeded in putting up a wall / steel barrier / fence / embankment / bulwark / to any further legislation. I hope this news doesn't prevent you from putting up the facade that you're making America great again. We were doing pretty well until you came along.

29 minutes ago, Rockymtns said:

40 busloads?  Im saying 50 to 100 migrants a day at each crossing being apprehended in AZ due to how many cross in those areas due to other areas being too treacherous. Im sure some days could be less. But when the economy picks up their are more immigrants  trying to come across.

So you're saying 1-2 busloads PER LOCATION, and you're balking at 40 busloads TOTAL?

Are you accounting for the number going the other way?  Because, as you surely know, the net flow of illegal immigrants is US -> Mexico.  (You know, for the sake of intellectual completeness.)