Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Ironically, it is one of the least egregious actions he has done. Also, no one should be surprised given comments prior to the election?

Former campaign staffer alleges in lawsuit that Trump kissed her without her consent. The White House denies the charge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/former-campaign-staffer-alleges-in-lawsuit-that-trump-kissed-her-without-her-consent-the-white-house-denies-the-charge/2019/02/25/fe1869a4-3498-11e9-946a-115a5932c45b_story.html

Edited by tucker

7 minutes ago, tucker said:

So not to totally throw cold water on this, but WaPo does go to great lengths to highlight this particular accuser's lack of credibility:

Bondi and Giorno said they do not recall seeing Trump kiss Johnson. They denied reacting the way Johnson described.

“Do I recall seeing anything inappropriate? One hundred percent no,” Bondi said in an interview. “I’m a prosecutor, and if I saw something inappropriate, I would have said something.”

Giorno dismissed the allegation as “ridiculous,” saying “that absolutely did not happen.”
Sanders urged The Post to speak with Stephanie Grisham, a spokeswoman for first lady Melania Trump. Grisham, who was Trump’s press director in 2016, said she did not see the alleged kiss and was in front of Trump as he exited the vehicle.

and the accuser has had restraining orders filed against her for fuckery...

According to the records, Johnson’s half sister and her father, on behalf of a younger half sister, briefly obtained a temporary restraining order against Johnson in 2006. They alleged that she was calling the younger sibling’s school and falsely claiming that the teenager was using drugs. The older sibling wrote that she fired Johnson from her business for using “company property” to arrange extramarital affairs for herself online.

So, the accuser doesn't really have much credibility. But also, Bondi, one of the witnesses with conflicting recollection also took a campaign contribution from trump and then dropped an investigation into him and trumpU. So who fucking knows. Let's let the courts investigate this shit though rather than let the court of public opinion work it out

10 minutes ago, tucker said:

She's black so I wonder if he will be dumb enough to admit he did it just to prove he is not racist. 

14 minutes ago, tucker said:

Meanwhile Al Franken was forced to resign because someone agreed to kiss him but she felt he kissed her too aggressively. 

I'll probably get skewered for this, but what the hell:

There are definitely levels of bad behavior.  If Trump actually did this, was it OK?  Of course not.  They had no romantic relationship or even the potential of a romantic relationship.

Is it the kind of event that could cause what sounds like PTSD?  Well, I can't say for sure, but it kinda seems like one of those shitty things that happens in life that you're probably best to just roll with.  It's not defensible, it's not acceptable, but it's also not a capital offense.

Frankly, the abuse of power, as in "sexual harassment", is probably the more serious offense here.  Of course it's the kind of thing that could get most anyone written up by HR if not fired for cause, but what's the right judgment in a lawsuit?  Why the lawsuit in the first place?

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is it the kind of event that could cause what sounds like PTSD?  Well, I can't say for sure, but it kinda seems like one of those shitty things that happens in life that you're probably best to just roll with.  It's not defensible, it's not acceptable, but it's also not a capital offense.

Sounds like you’ve definitely blacked out at company Christmas parties and tried to suck a co-worker’s face a time or 3.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, scottsins said:

So some ranchers are just going to have to let a bunch of soldiers set up camp and razor wire all over their property? What do they do with the livestock?

How many gates are going to be left open? How many ranch roads are going to get fucked up? I wonder if the ranchers will be reimbursed?

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well hell, who ha <no carrier>

the serious answer to your 'just roll with it' response to workplace sexual harassment is that it's the exact mindset that has reinforced to people of power that they can cross the line without repercussion. first you get away with a forced kiss, then you grope someone, then you flash your junk, then you rape someone. then you rape a lot of someones. because you can because you're in a position of power and you can exert that power to destroy someone's career if they don't 'just roll with it'.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There are definitely levels of bad behavior.  If Trump actually did this, was it OK?  Of course not.  They had no romantic relationship or even the potential of a romantic relationship.

Frankly, the abuse of power, as in "sexual harassment", is probably the more serious offense here.  Of course it's the kind of thing that could get most anyone written up by HR if not fired for cause, but what's the right judgment in a lawsuit?  Why the lawsuit in the first place?

Dude, did you even read this line? Frankly, I'd be scarred for life.

Spoiler

“I can still see his lips coming straight for my face.”

• Haha 1

It's amazing but he's actually a bigger asshole and even dumber than his dad.

TRUMP JR on hate crimes: "Man, to me, it seemed like there were many more hoax hate crimes than there are actual." (There were 7,100 hate crimes in the US in 2017. Hoaxes are extremely rare.)

Edited by 4th&Five

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

the serious answer to your 'just roll with it' response to workplace sexual harassment is that it's the exact mindset that has reinforced to people of power that they can cross the line without repercussion. first you get away with a forced kiss, then you grope someone, then you flash your junk, then you rape someone. then you rape a lot of someones. because you can because you're in a position of power and you can exert that power to destroy someone's career if they don't 'just roll with it'.

I get it.  I even said that the harassment aspect was the more serious angle.

Ultimately, Trump can't be reformed, and this lawsuit is nothing to him.

Meanwhile... While the idiot continues to do idiot things and everyone else tries to battle the idiot with their own brand of idiocy the national debt continues to climb at unprecedented levels during semi-peace times. 

Hate to break it to the idiots but what gays do and what Jesus did and what Allah says and how many abortions happen won't mean jack shit to anyone once the financial viability of this country collapses and every day becomes about finding shelter, something to eat, and not getting killed. 

The one thing that will ruin all of our lives regardless of political beliefs or race or culture and no one is giving a shit about it. 

• Like 3

Meanwhile... While the idiot continues to do idiot things and everyone else tries to battle the idiot with their own brand of idiocy the national debt continues to climb at unprecedented levels during semi-peace times. 
Hate to break it to the idiots but what gays do and what Jesus did and what Allah says and how many abortions happen won't mean jack shit to anyone once the financial viability of this country collapses and every day becomes about finding shelter, something to eat, and not getting killed. 
The one thing that will ruin all of our lives regardless of political beliefs or race or culture and no one is giving a shit about it. 

Have no fear, it’s going to be very, very important - like, the most important thing ever....a millisecond after we elect our next Dem president.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

they should poll republicans and ask how many would support trump being president for life and giving him the power to create and adjudicate laws.

i'd just like to put a number to what percentage of our country that would like to be a dictatorship.

No, you really wouldn't like to do that.  You wouldn't like it at all.

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

they should poll republicans and ask how many would support trump being president for life and giving him the power to create and adjudicate laws.

i'd just like to put a number to what percentage of our country that would like to be a dictatorship.

About a third, if current polls are correct.

55 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The irony is that Trump needs glasses, but he's too vain to wear them.

Thing is, no one would care about him needing glasses.  But I digress:

55e14cf9bd86ef1f008b6cd8-2732-1366.jpg

EDIT:  Not only that, there are fucking Trump eyeglass frames.  He could model these daily and the MAGA rubes would be off to the ophthalmologist post haste:

https://www.eyeglasses.com/eyeglasses/brand/donald-j-trump.html

Edited by Francisco 2.0

A lot going on today to discuss, but I have been pissed all day since reading this crap.

“The White House plans to create an ad hoc group of select federal scientists to reassess the government’s analysis of climate science and counter its conclusions that the continued burning of fossil fuels is harming the planet, according to three administration officials.  

The group would not be subject to the same level of public disclosure as a formal advisory committee.”

This kind of shit just drives me crazy.... We are bringing in real experts to support our non biased agenda, but we won’t allow questions or rebuff of our experts’ opinions.  Just suck it up and take it dummies.

https://epaper.statesman.com/popovers/dynamic_article_popover.aspx?guid=55115d70-8509-4994-936a-7b4083b6ffd6&pbid=0bd3b62f-2574-4676-88da-58d1361460ab&utm_source=app.pagesuite&utm_medium=app-interaction&utm_campaign=pagesuite-epaper-html5_share-article

Edited by ruitxn

6 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

A lot going on today to discuss, but I have been pissed all day since reading this crap.

“The White House plans to create an ad hoc group of select federal scientists to reassess the government’s analysis of climate science and counter its conclusions that the continued burning of fossil fuels is harming the planet, according to three administration officials.  

The group would not be subject to the same level of public disclosure as a formal advisory committee.”

This kind of shit just drives me crazy.... We are bringing in real experts to support our non biased agenda, but we won’t allow questions or rebuff of our experts’ opinions.  Just suck it up and take it dummies.

https://epaper.statesman.com/popovers/dynamic_article_popover.aspx?guid=55115d70-8509-4994-936a-7b4083b6ffd6&pbid=0bd3b62f-2574-4676-88da-58d1361460ab&utm_source=app.pagesuite&utm_medium=app-interaction&utm_campaign=pagesuite-epaper-html5_share-article

tenor.gif?itemid=7535659

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

a third of the republicans who are honest with pollsters about it.  we all know the real number is 90%+

About 1/3 to 40% of people polled view Trump positively.  We know somewhere around 90% of Republicans view him positively.

So of all folks in the US, I'm going to say the number who would gladly see him as king, is somewhere between 1/3 and 40%.  

I said 1/3.  It could be 40%.