Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I am waiting in anticipation of the Trump administration eventually taking the position that the whistleblower complaint was not actually urgent or even meritorious because Trump is such a compulsive liar that no “promise” he makes can ever be taken seriously. 

He was just joking

• Like 1

The other angle would be that the Cali laws unduly burden interstate commerce.  The "dormant" commerce clause.

I agree. There probably are viable legal arguments to be made. But they don’t appear to be making any. Maybe there’s a more detailed analysis I haven’t read, but their actions seem like they’re going with preemption.

47 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I agree. There probably are viable legal arguments to be made. But they don’t appear to be making any. Maybe there’s a more detailed analysis I haven’t read, but their actions seem like they’re going with preemption.

If SCOTUS can rule that violent crime affects economic conditions (a ruling from '95) then California can rule that excessive smog can affect economic conditions. I have said my piece and counted to three. So let it be written, so let it be done. Take that, DJ.

DJ has no publicly scheduled events today. Let the hate tweets, MAGA/KAG tweets and other nonsense begin.....

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I am waiting in anticipation of the Trump administration eventually taking the position that the whistleblower complaint was not actually urgent or even meritorious because Trump is such a compulsive liar that no “promise” he makes can ever be taken seriously. 

and 100% of Republicans justifying and supporting it.  "he was just trolling the libs, haha, take that!"

16 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Enjoy your bacon!

Welcome to life in a sh*thole country, but heh heh like the Trumpkin mantra goes: we not only contracted diseases to own the libs, we died to own them too!

*I wonder what would happen if someone started a viral tweet/Facebook that this is a global conspiracy against pork eating religions how much traction it would get?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Enjoy your bacon!

Excellent news. I can't wait to get in on the grifter game by plagiarizing The Jungle in a couple of years. Nobody pays attention to shit anymore, so I don't anticipate anyone actually realizing this book has already been written. I'll blame everything on Obama and libruls. 

Edited by Doc Sam Beckett
Cholas 4 life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Enjoy your bacon!

I hope there's a bacon and sausage induced outbreak of some wretched disease that is traced back to lack of oversight to a processing plant in, oh, I don't know....Alabama or something.  Totally fucking over Trump voters with pork death.

But those lib tears are so worth it.

18 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

The DNI tweet clearly was staff created.

I wonder what his staff thinks on a daily basis?  Are they fully aware of the farce they are participating in and just think it is how politics works?  Do they have remorse?  Do they understand the implications of what they are helping prop up?  It has to be a surreal world.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I wonder what his staff thinks on a daily basis?  Are they fully aware of the farce they are participating in and just think it is how politics works?  Do they have remorse?  Do they understand the implications of what they are helping prop up?  It has to be a surreal world.

I think it varies from person to person. Some are probably along for the ride ala "I want in on some of that and have justified it with the 'everybody does this' rationale," others I believe may be trying desperately to hold onto their job because they haven't got a clue how to escape to another. Then there are those for whom this is probably their life's ambition and they do not care if citizens are harmed, they want power or as close as they can get to it and have no remorse at all. If there are any good souls left who are trying to keep the damage to a minimum, they are probably contemplating cyanide. You recall (and I know it was the movies, but still had the history behind it) Oskar Schindler was an imperfect human being but he was able to do some good for humanity.

That is pretty much what racist misogynistic people do when called out for misdeeds so this is in no way an aberration. "What? Why are you screaming at me because I grabbed you by the p*ssy? Can't you tell that was a joke? You stupid cow, you should know how many people like me for that." There are very little plays in their playbook, but as many of you have pointed out, they never did get the *sskicking by righteous honorable people they should have in order to change their behavior.

• Like 2

Dozens more Trump admin officials should go to prison before the Trumpening is over. They won’t, of course, but it’s worth noting what should happen again and again so the historians who study this period know that not all of us bent over willingly and let this country go to shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Title of story on CNN. How is this not blatant obstruction? Ah well, nevertheless. 

If the president does this it's not obstruction. The president is not subject to whistleblower statutes, and no one can blow the whistle on the president, since he's the head of the executive.

signed,

orange kool aid drinkers everywhere

49 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

If the president does this it's not obstruction. The president is not subject to whistleblower statutes, and no one can blow the whistle on the president, since he's the head of the executive.

signed,

orange kool aid drinkers everywhere

Counterpoint:  what if TanSuit had done this?

Rex Tillerson says Bibi used "misinformation" to deceive Trump (e.g., he lied to Donald and Donald was too stupid to pick up on it):

Tillerson, who first formed relationships with many world leaders while CEO of Exxon Mobile and served as secretary of state from February 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018, even recounted how Netanyahu would use “misinformation” to persuade the U.S. when he deemed it necessary.

Oh Bibi, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Bibi!