Bevo attacks UGA

Goo Punch

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

PETA calling for immediate retirement of both animals......

This is nothing less than a formal declaration of war upon the University of Texas. "Nations and princes endowed with some pride are not generally willing to wage war without a previous declaration, for they wish by an open attack to render victory more honourable and glorious."

Gentlemen... war has been declared!

We’ve owned a couple of longhorns for years. Temperament-wise they’re  basically huge dogs with massive horns and the blind spots you’d expect from having eyes on the sides of your head and the horns blocking at least part of their field of vision. In this situation surely the TV lights and crowd noise didn’t help matters. Also I understand cattle and bulldogs have something of a history 

He'll probably mellow over the years, but if XV is a feistier steer than the other recent Bevos, so be it.  Don't antagonize him.

Those were unfamiliar and unusual circumstances.  Sometimes they just get spooked.  Even some of the more gentle giants our much younger family members could lead around would get a bee in their bonnets every once in awhile.   Maybe he didn't like his scent or a sound.

It seems to me that in the late 80s/early 90s, XII or XIII took exception to a particularly yappy corps bitch one Thanksgiving in Memorial Stadium. 

I mean... don't mess with a steer if you don't want the horns.

• Like 2

The SPCA has a better record than PETA. Peta is not for the ethical treatment of animals. Haven’t been in a while. Just my two cents. The whole photo op wasn’t well thought out. At all. Not sure what purpose live animal mascots serve as entertainment but I will say Bevo is a legend. He did set the tone for the game whether he realized it or not. But fuck PETA they kill more animals than they help. Jmo. People should read up on that. SPCA all the way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m not sure PETA understands what “retirement “ for cattle means.  

No shit. Stupid fucks would prefer he be made into hamburgers than condone him being used as a mascot “just because”. There are no more pampered and revered animals than these mascots. Tell them to fuck off, no one wants to hear your shit and they go away instantly. Worst thing you can do is entertain their “outrage.”  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

No shit. Stupid fucks would prefer he be made into hamburgers than condone him being used as a mascot “just because”. There are no more pampered and revered animals than these mascots. Tell them to fuck off, no one wants to hear your shit and they go away instantly. Worst thing you can do is entertain their “outrage.”  

PETA exists to raise money for PETA. All they do is go out and do the most outrageous things they can think of to get publicity so crazy cat ladies, aging hippies, and raging soy boys will think they're edgy and send them money. You're spot on. Give them attention and they're happy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

PETA calling for immediate retirement of both animals......

"It is indefensible to subject (SEC Football Players) to the stress of being packed up, carted from state to state, and paraded in front of ( non-FCS football teams/fans)......."It's no surprise that (the SEC team) (shit their pants and " clearly didn't want to be there anymore"....).

• Haha 1

PETA is full of turds who pretend to care about animals but really just constantly promote anti-human ideas.

Also, the UGA handlers recollection is great, forgot where I read it. He said the dog took off first then he did. No way. He ran and dragged the doggo by the collar like a whimp. Bevo just wanted a hug, that little bulldog and him would've gotten along fine without all those people and cameras and idiots in the way.

• Like 1

Bevo just demonstrated the reason Longhorns have long horns.  Defend themselves and their calves from coyotes, dogs and other predators.

I've loved this Baby Bevo since the beginning and the jumping through the fog before home games was just a precursor to this.

11 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

God, the glorious meltdown. Of course the wusses of the world would probably ban Bevo forevermore on the sidelines but he could be put out to pasture of the finest grass with 72 glorious heifers all to his own and enjoy a rich and hearty life of chewing cud and fucking for decades to come. And all of his offspring would hate Chip Brown.

Maybe you don't know what a steer is

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, just too much activity around him and people walking too close while he was facing the field.  the dog probably just put him over the top.

And the woman in all black who starts running before diving?  Bevo dipped his horn and trips her foot.  Crafty, this steer is.  

Edited by LongestHorn
Because OU sucks