2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I’m gonna need a ruling on whether Foster broke out or not. Because if not I want to change my selection.

Hell yeah he broke out.  He had some game changing plays against USC, ou, and uga.  He’s also probably the best blitzer on the team.

Edited by victory88

Crazy to think about how many sophomores could contribute in 2019...

3 Jalen Green DB.   6-1 190 So. 

4 Anthony Cook DB    6-1 190 So. 

7 Caden Sterns DB     6-1 210 So. 

8 Ryan Bujcevski P     6-0 185 So. 

14 Joshua Moore WR     6-1 170 So. 

17 Cameron Dicker K     6-1 210 So. 

17 D'Shawn Jamison DB.   5-10 185 So. 

25 B.J. Foster DB.            6-2 210 So. 

26 Keaontay Ingram RB.      6-0 215 So. 

31 DeMarvion Overshown DB    6-3 210 So.

38 Kobe Boyce DB              6-1 175 So. 

39 Montrell Estell DB         6-1 205 So. 

46 Joseph Ossai LB.          6-4 245 So. 

52 Samuel Cosmi OL        6-6 295 So. 

81 Reese Leitao TE          6-3 245 So. 

82 Brennan Eagles WR      6-4 225 So. 

86 Jordan Pouncey WR     6-1 205 So. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus all the Redshirt Freshmen

OL   Junior Angilau, Rafiti Ghirmai, Christian Jones, Reese Moore

DL    Keondre Coburn, Daniel Carson, Moro Ojomo

LB     Byron Vaughns , Ayodele Adeoye   

WR     Al'vonte Woodard, Malcolm Epps

QB      Casey Thompson

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Crazy to think about how many sophomores could contribute in 2019...

3 Jalen Green DB.   6-1 190 So. 

4 Anthony Cook DB    6-1 190 So. 

7 Caden Sterns DB     6-1 210 So. 

8 Ryan Bujcevski P     6-0 185 So. 

14 Joshua Moore WR     6-1 170 So. 

17 Cameron Dicker K     6-1 210 So. 

17 D'Shawn Jamison DB.   5-10 185 So. 

25 B.J. Foster DB.            6-2 210 So. 

26 Keaontay Ingram RB.      6-0 215 So. 

31 DeMarvion Overshown DB    6-3 210 So.

38 Kobe Boyce DB              6-1 175 So. 

39 Montrell Estell DB         6-1 205 So. 

46 Joseph Ossai LB.          6-4 245 So. 

52 Samuel Cosmi OL        6-6 295 So. 

81 Reese Leitao TE          6-3 245 So. 

82 Brennan Eagles WR      6-4 225 So. 

86 Jordan Pouncey WR     6-1 205 So. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus all the Redshirt Freshmen

OL   Junior Angilau, Rafiti Ghirmai, Christian Jones, Reese Moore

DL    Keondre Coburn, Daniel Carson, Moro Ojomo

LB     Byron Vaughns , Ayodele Adeoye   

WR     Al'vonte Woodard, Malcolm Epps

QB      Casey Thompson

This roster cannot turn over fast enough.  The overall talent of the 2018-2019 classes is a whole level above the previous ones.  Herman did a great job in 2017 finding for a transitional class. 

Edited by victory88

56 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Daniel Carson expected to play this year or is he still another year away from being a factor in the rotation?

I would think a year away but you'd know probably better than most of us. Only reason I'd say a year away is because we likely won't need him this season barring injuries. 

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm going to go with BJ squared: Foster and Bujcevski 

Obv Foster was already great - just think he takes a step up this season

Love the punter pick even though it was about offense and defense. Buj had a great year for playing football for the first time ever. I'd go as far as to say that by the end of the season, he'll be more of a weapon than anyone will give him credit for. 

Foster is a damn good pick too. I'd consider him in the same category as Sterns, though, because he's already made a name for himself. 

Whoever said Ossai makes a strong arguement as well. Having a true pass rusher (who happens to be fairly good) for the first time in too long gives me excite. I would've countered pre spring that he may not get to play as much since it's uncertain just how much nickle we'll play. Post spring, we probably won't play nickle but for a couple of teams and even still, circle back to a dime package with Ossai still on the field as the 2nd backer. Goes without saying a big year from him would do wonders. 

I can't recall.  Did Baker Mayfield have a year at OU before taking over as a starter?  The reason I'm asking is because both mags I've purchased thus far, are completely in love with OU.  (Yes, I still buy mags.  Have been since Eric Metcalf graced the cover of some CFB mag circa 1987.)  OU has exactly 3 returning starters on offense.  I think Lamb, the TE and an O-lineman.  One could argue Hurts is a returning starter, but I question whether he can completely adapt to the system over the course of a few months.  This is why I'm asking about Mayfield.  I know Murray was in the system for a year before taking over.

I just question the idea that a team (OU) can be an automatic Top 5 preseason team with only 3 offensive starters returning and a horrid (last place in the Big 12 IIRC) defense.

6 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I can't recall.  Did Baker Mayfield have a year at OU before taking over as a starter?  The reason I'm asking is because both mags I've purchased thus far, are completely in love with OU.  (Yes, I still buy mags.  Have been since Eric Metcalf graced the cover of some CFB mag circa 1987.)  OU has exactly 3 returning starters on offense.  I think Lamb, the TE and an O-lineman.  One could argue Hurts is a returning starter, but I question whether he can completely adapt to the system over the course of a few months.  This is why I'm asking about Mayfield.  I know Murray was in the system for a year before taking over.

I just question the idea that a team (OU) can be an automatic Top 5 preseason team with only 3 offensive starters returning and a horrid (last place in the Big 12 IIRC) defense.

Pretty sure Baker started 3 years at OU because we beat him in 2015 in the RRS.

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Baker had to sit a yr at OU

Love the punter pick even though it was about offense and defense. Buj had a great year for playing football for the first time ever. I'd go as far as to say that by the end of the season, he'll be more of a weapon than anyone will give him credit for. 
Foster is a damn good pick too. I'd consider him in the same category as Sterns, though, because he's already made a name for himself. 
Whoever said Ossai makes a strong arguement as well. Having a true pass rusher (who happens to be fairly good) for the first time in too long gives me excite. I would've countered pre spring that he may not get to play as much since it's uncertain just how much nickle we'll play. Post spring, we probably won't play nickle but for a couple of teams and even still, circle back to a dime package with Ossai still on the field as the 2nd backer. Goes without saying a big year from him would do wonders. 
That's some Grade A sunshine pumping.

9/10

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is Daniel Carson expected to play this year or is he still another year away from being a factor in the rotation?

Another year. Might get some spot play against La Tech and Rice.

It is my hope that we will start to see the OL/DL after 2-3 years on campus.

Currently there are no SO DL on the team, so with 4 SR and 3 JR. Coburn, Ojomo, and Carson could very well be the starting DL their JR/SR seasons.

Technically Cummins is now listed as a DL again, so there is your sophomore.

Edited by HtownHorn

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

That's some Grade A sunshine pumping.

9/10

Hey I pump... er. Call it like I see it. I'll say that out of the 3 I mention, I'd give a slight edge to Foster over Buj, but barely, since he's already "broken out."

I've made my bullish predictions on Buj before and can't wait to watch him learn and grow into a badass like his cousin. Maybe not the same level of badassery but not that far away either. He's my contrarian pick of the year. 

9 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That shitty defense was enough to win the conference last year...for the fourth fucking time in a row.  Until someone else in this conference proves they can win it, it's hard to argue against picking the Thieves as a favorite.   Fuck I'm sick of those cocksuckers winning the conference.  

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That shitty defense was enough to win the conference last year...for the fourth fucking time in a row.  Until someone else in this conference proves they can win it, it's hard to argue against picking the Thieves as a favorite.   Fuck I'm sick of those cocksuckers winning the conference.  

I completely agree with picking OU to win the Big 12.  It's just weird to see a team with 3 returning O starters and an absolutely horrid defense in the preseason Top 5 of the country.  Both mags go out of their way to point out Texas' losses - especially on defense.

58 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I completely agree with picking OU to win the Big 12.  It's just weird to see a team with 3 returning O starters and an absolutely horrid defense in the preseason Top 5 of the country.  Both mags go out of their way to point out Texas' losses - especially on defense.

I get the frustration but that top 5 ranking will make beating their asses in October again all the sweeter.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

As a fellow committed reader of the preseason magazines, I’ll just point out that the teams that are consistently at the top will always get the benefit of the doubt in the preseason until they fall off. It was nauseating at times watching Steele pick Texas in some form even as I knew we were headed for some sort of reckoning. Of course, 2010-2017 went a bit beyond the pale for all of us, so I now long for those days. 

Hurts can’t make all the throws in Riley’s offense and quickness isn’t on the scale for him the way it was for Murray. He’s an excellent runner and tough as hell, but that OL is going to create problems for him. Fucking Steele has the OU OL in the top 25 returning OL units and they lost 4 fucking starters. I laughed. Anyway, they are still stacked at the offensive skill positions. They’ll be good even with a shit defense that is as soft as Greek yogurt.

The biggest problem for OU is that when they play Texas, they are guaranteed to be the softer team. They pulled themselves together in the B12 title game, even if we handled their running game, but the two teams are heading in opposite directions culturally and that works in our favor. OU used to be able to rely on being the toughest, meanest dog in that fight. Now? Herman wants to run the toughest program in the sport, even if that has 5 star casualty risk, and he knows that’s a key in the RRR. 

As to those talking about Carson, I can just offer up that the staff really liked him, Mike Williams and Vaughns in the practices last fall. I hope that wasn’t bullshit and that they (the two still with the program) surprise as depth and talent this fall. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

As a fellow committed reader of the preseason magazines, I’ll just point out that the teams that are consistently at the top will always get the benefit of the doubt in the preseason until they fall off. It was nauseating at times watching Steele pick Texas in some form even as I knew we were headed for some sort of reckoning. Of course, 2010-2017 went a bit beyond the pale for all of us, so I now long for those days. 

Hurts can’t make all the throws in Riley’s offense and quickness isn’t on the scale for him the way it was for Murray. He’s an excellent runner and tough as hell, but that OL is going to create problems for him. Fucking Steele has the OU OL in the top 25 returning OL units and they lost 4 fucking starters. I laughed. Anyway, they are still stacked at the offensive skill positions. They’ll be good even with a shit defense that is as soft as Greek yogurt.

The biggest problem for OU is that when they play Texas, they are guaranteed to be the softer team. They pulled themselves together in the B12 title game, even if we handled their running game, but the two teams are heading in opposite directions culturally and that works in our favor. OU used to be able to rely on being the toughest, meanest dog in that fight. Now? Herman wants to run the toughest program in the sport, even if that has 5 star casualty risk, and he knows that’s a key in the RRR. 

As to those talking about Carson, I can just offer up that the staff really liked him, Mike Williams and Vaughns in the practices last fall. I hope that wasn’t bullshit and that they (the two still with the program) surprise as depth and talent this fall. 

Plus, I'm pretty sure we will have Bru back by the ou sucks game

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Over the shoulder bolder holder?

I don't know what that means but I also don't understand a lot of lyrics:

With a boulder on my shoulder
Feelin' kinda older
I tripped the merry-go-round

32 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Interesting. So what kind of data are they capturing?

Inside each device is a tri-axial accelerometers, tri-axial magnetometers, tri-axial gyroscopes, a microprocessor to record over a thousand data points per second in real time and store on the device for post-session analysis, a powerful battery, and a tracking engine that is either GNSS (GPS + GLONASS, for double the satellite reliability), GPS, or LPS (ClearSky, Catapult’s proprietary local positioning system).

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Inside each device is a tri-axial accelerometers, tri-axial magnetometers, tri-axial gyroscopes, a microprocessor to record over a thousand data points per second in real time and store on the device for post-session analysis, a powerful battery, and a tracking engine that is either GNSS (GPS + GLONASS, for double the satellite reliability), GPS, or LPS (ClearSky, Catapult’s proprietary local positioning system).

Can also be combined with special footballs for tracking things like QB touch time, release, spin, velocity, rotation, receiver catches, receiver having to slow up, speed up, etc.

Also lots of other misc things such as side impacts, impact intensity, angle of block or rush, etc.  Pretty cool stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Can also be combined with special footballs for tracking things like QB touch time, release, spin, velocity, rotation, receiver catches, receiver having to slow up, speed up, etc.

Also lots of other misc things such as side impacts, impact intensity, angle of block or rush, etc.  Pretty cool stuff

Can it auto-correct the path of the receiver or DB to the ball while in flight? Like lane control on your car? Can it guide tackler to the ball carrier? Does it help the ball carrier to avoid tacklers by creating a best path? If not the above, then WTF? If so, then I see a conflict of interests between offense and defense.

Technology.....

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

mensa-logo-title-below.jpg?quality=80&st

• Like 1

Just watched the replay of last year's Texas vs blOU game at the Cotton Bowl.  One of the announcers mentioned that Texas was the worst team in CFB at losing leads in the 2nd half of games over the last 2yrs.

Help me out Surly folks.... Why did the Horns struggle so much to hold on to late leads in their games during the last couple of years??

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just watched the replay of last year's Texas vs blOU game at the Cotton Bowl.  One of the announcers mentioned that Texas was the worst team in CFB at losing leads in the 2nd half of games over the last 2yrs.

Help me out Surly folks.... Why did the Horns struggle so much to hold on to late leads in their games during the last couple of years??

I'd say lack of depth combined with overly cautious calls both ways... due to that lack of depth.

Or not...