Conference Championship Games - Discussion

Wally Pryor

Saints -3, Chiefs -3

Pats are going to lament that ridiculously idiotic loss to Miami. Alongside the Piscarcik play, there has never been a more laughable loss in NFL history. Inexplicable doesn't begin to describe it. And it will cost New England a trip to Atlanta.

In Foxboro, they beat Kansas City. They won't beat KC in Arrowhead. NE is just not a good team on the road and that won't change this Sunday.

There are only two Longhorns left in the playoffs, so I'd prefer for New England or New Orleans to get a Super Bowl title so they rings to show off to recruits.  Otherwise, what possible shits are there to give?  

Saints need to play a lot better out of the gates and offensively to have any chance. Some of it was the Eagles, but they definitely struggled the second half of the year. Also, if we have another four-Peat of penalties, it probably won't be a game. 

Still think the Rams are somewhat vulnerable though. Gurley is more banged up than "cardio" would lead one to believe, and that defense can be gotten at as their LBs aren't as good as the Eagles. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There are only two Longhorns left in the playoffs, so I'd prefer for New England or New Orleans to get a Super Bowl title so they rings to show off to recruits.  Otherwise, what possible shits are there to give?  

If the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl, can they let DJ suit up and be on the sideline? 

2 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Saints need to play a lot better out of the gates and offensively to have any chance. Some of it was the Eagles, but they definitely struggled the second half of the year. Also, if we have another four-Peat of penalties, it probably won't be a game. 

Still think the Rams are somewhat vulnerable though. Gurley is more banged up than "cardio" would lead one to believe, and that defense can be gotten at as their LBs aren't as good as the Eagles. 

Saints are the better team than Rams.  And you can't discount how big it is to play in the Dome.

14 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Rams had a very conservative game plan against Cowboys to keep Goff from turning the ball over and also protect their defense by spending less time on the field.  As dominant as the Rams were vs Cowboys it was still just a one possession game at the end.  If the Rams went 3 and out on their final drive,   it would have been fun to watch Dak have one final drive with a shot to tie the game.

I still don't trust Goff in late game pressure situations..... Rams have to get a lead and stay ahead to beat Saints.

Edited by LTtxfan

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know he's inactive, but Malcolm Brown would certainly get a ring if the Rams won.

13 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

And a game time temp of 13 in KC.  Yay.

No wind though.  Cold is one thing; cold and windy is a different animal.  That would have benefited New England.  I tend to agree with your assessment that the Dolphins' game cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Edited by aggie08

I heard that Mahomes is the first Big 12 QB to win a playoff game. This only accounts for when the Big 12 formed in 1996 so the teams that were in the SWC and Big 8 are excluded. I never thought about it but it does seem accurate. Vince, Colt, RG3, Bradford, Dalton never won a playoff game.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I heard that Mahomes is the first Big 12 QB to win a playoff game. This only accounts for when the Big 12 formed in 1996 so the teams that were in the SWC and Big 8 are excluded. I never thought about it but it does seem accurate. Vince, Colt, RG3, Bradford, Dalton never won a playoff game.

Heard this too this am on Dan Patrick.  I did not think it could be true when I heard it.  But I sure can't think of one.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I want to be Sean Mcvay when I grow up. He’s been banging this for several years.
1761fcc06323a622d8d1ee8bf31cff12.jpg

Met him (and her) at a wedding.  He's a nice guy.  She's overrated, he could do better esp in LA.  She's gained some weight since this pic.

But I'm rooting for Rams for this reason.  He's a legit nice guy, we talked up Texas players he has coached and he said Colt is one of his favorite guys.

3 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

Met him (and her) at a wedding.  He's a nice guy.  She's overrated, he could do better esp in LA.  She's gained some weight since this pic.

But I'm rooting for Rams for this reason.  He's a legit nice guy, we talked up Texas players he has coached and he said Colt is one of his favorite guys.

McVay and Colt are same age...... That's Crazy

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Top 4 scoring teams are also the last 4 teams standing.  Offenses are starting to rule in NFL.  BuT kLiFf iS a BaD hIrE

I know you were trying to be cute/funny. But Belichek and Reid are on their 2nd NFL jobs, while Peyton has been coaching in the NFL since '97. Proving that you don't need to go get a spare, empty suit college coach to have a good NFL offense.

I know you were trying to be cute/funny. But Belichek and Reid are on their 2nd NFL jobs, while Peyton has been coaching in the NFL since '97. Proving that you don't need to go get a spare, empty suit college coach to have a good NFL offense.
Yeah for real. Don't think I'm comparing Kliff to any of these coaches. Hell he might not even do what Garrett has accomplished who knows. But Kliff didn't even prove anything in college except he couldn't even win with Mahomes.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs/Saints. I think that will be a fun game. Young up and coming QB in Mahomes vs the vet trying to get another ring to further cement his career. Reminds me a little of when Favre went and faced Elway and then Wilson faced Manning. Young vs old.

Pats are a completely different team on the road this year. If they were at home, I'd pick them and not even think twice. Crazy that they have only trailed for a total of 7 minutes and change at home this year and that was all against the Chiefs.

I hope we get some better games than this shitty divisional round, though.

18 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Saints -3, Chiefs -3

Pats are going to lament that ridiculously idiotic loss to Miami. Alongside the Piscarcik play, there has never been a more laughable loss in NFL history. Inexplicable doesn't begin to describe it. And it will cost New England a trip to Atlanta.

In Foxboro, they beat Kansas City. They won't beat KC in Arrowhead. NE is just not a good team on the road and that won't change this Sunday.

It’s not just that they suck on the road.  KC has a legit HF advantage, unlike Miami LOL.  Tempting to buy the half and pound KC.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

26 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Damn high waisted jeans. And yeah, ain't nothing wrong with that, she's a McBaeb for sure. Always liked the Rams when they were in LA so I'm glad they're back.

I always thought the high waisted jeans make the women's asses look weird and long. It throws off the proportions. But this woman is pretty hot.

• Like 1

Lulz at anyone that thinks NE won't make the super bowl. It's in their blood. James White will finish with roughly 20 catches for 65 yards, Edelman and Hogan will get some clutch catches to do just enough for the Pats to win. Like clockwork. 
They are 4-3 in their last 7 AFC title games. So it's not a foregone conclusion they are winning. Especially not on the road. They are a different team on the road.

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Helobious said:
Lulz at anyone that thinks NE won't make the super bowl. It's in their blood. James White will finish with roughly 20 catches for 65 yards, Edelman and Hogan will get some clutch catches to do just enough for the Pats to win. Like clockwork. 

They are 4-3 in their last 7 AFC title games. So it's not a foregone conclusion they are winning. Especially not on the road. They are a different team on the road.

I realize that this is Brady and Belichick we're talking about, and they could very well win this game. However, their last two AFC Championship losses occurred in the slop at Mile High Stadium in Denver, and they've taken some ugly road losses this year.  This run has to end sometime, and he's going to feel every day of 41 when it's cold as fuck at Arrowhead on Sunday night. Plus I'd love to see the Chiefs get it done. Matriculating the ball down the field and all that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

All 3 of them have generational, if not better; franchise QBs.

All 3 of them have generational, if not better; franchise QBs.
Those coaches had something to do with those QBs having the success they have. Brees went from very good in San Diego to HOF caliber in New Orleans. Reid built the perfect system for Mahomes. And Brady largely attributes his success to Bill.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Those coaches had something to do with those QBs having the success they have. Brees went from very good in San Diego to HOF caliber in New Orleans. Reid built the perfect system for Mahomes. And Brady largely attributes his success to Bill.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Absolutely a 2 way street. Agreed on that point. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, what does Tom Brady know about playing in the cold.

LMAO, right?  It was like 27 degrees on Sunday during that game in Foxboro.  It affected Rivers far more than Brady (Rivers is like 1-7 or something in sub-32 temperatures).