The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the fact that he and meadows think that they continue to score gotcha points on cohen is amazing to me. they are coming across as morons.

To 35% of the country and one narcissist in Vietnam they're coming across as geniuses.  They couldn't give a fuck about the non-kool aid drinking rest of the world.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"This $35,000 check was one of 11 check installments that was paid throughout the year – while he was President."

I interpreted this as "equal installments" but that might very well be a bad read. 

Yeah, I had no reason to believe they were equal installments.  I guess it might be possible there were Karen Mc reimbursements included, but I don't even know if Cohen was involved in those payments

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I had no reason to believe they were equal installments.  I guess it might be possible there were Karen Mc reimbursements included, but I don't even know if Cohen was involved in those payments

HE testified earlier that those were paid by Pecker, and Pecker never got the reach around/reimbursement. 

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Gibbs seems like he sucks.  How are these people so bad at this?

Because flat out destroying an intelligent, prepared witness in cross-exam LA LAW style takes more time and intelligence than these fucking jackasses are able to devote.  

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Obviously there’s a pre-planned narrative/bullshit conspiracy theory concerning the boxes.

well, they obviously did not think it through.

let's all remember, this testimony was DELAYED, so these fucking idiots had even more time to prepare, and this is their approach.

jesus harold christ

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

HE testified earlier that those were paid by Pecker, and Pecker never got the reach around/reimbursement. 

Yes . . . I remember that now.  I was just trying to consider any reason why there might be 12 installments of $35K.  I don't think there was any intent to imply equal installments.

Regardless, he has indicated he could get and provide the bank records.  There is no malfeasance here.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Because flat out destroying an intelligent, prepared witness in cross-exam LA LAW style takes more time and intelligence than these fucking jackasses are able to devote.  

Still bizarre to me.  I'm a transactional attorney so i'm sure I would suck with no reps as well, but if I was going to do this on national TV, I sure as hell would have gotten a seasoned litigator to help me prep so I didn't come off as a moron like 95% of those questioning Cohen today.  It's been pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Still bizarre to me.  I'm a transactional attorney so i'm sure I would suck with no reps as well, but if I was going to do this on national TV, I sure as hell would have gotten a seasoned litigator to help me prep so I didn't come off as a moron like 95% of those questioning Cohen today.  It's been pathetic.

First time watching a congressional hearing? They guys are almost uniformly fucking hacks and idiots. 

Edited by Anastasis