Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

I think we can make 1K. 

This will help...

Shepherd was all Aggy. Every site was saying he was flipping. Then something happened. I don't know what it was, but suddenly, Nahlin flipped ffrom castigating FWK to extoling FWK, Texasg mod conceding Shepherd to Texas, and him posting the Loyalty tweet. Things that make you go hmmm. Either way, I'm giddy as a pig in shit and happy Shepherd is sticking with us. 

Edited by Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think we can make 1K. 

This will help...

Shepherd was all Aggy. Every site was saying he was flipping. Then something happened. I don't know what it was, but suddenly, Nahlin flipped ffrom castigating FWK to extoling FWK, Texags conceding Shepherd to Aggy, and him posting the Loyalty tweet. Things that make you go hmmm. Either way, I'm giddy as a pig in shit and happy Shepherd is sticking with us. 

F250      

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I played at Delmar Stadium. Second game of my sophomore year, my first game to start on varsity. We played Scarborough and beat them. I don’t even know if that HS still exists. I remember our star CB tearing his knee up in the first half and wailing as they put him on a stretcher. It was traumatic for a 15 year old. Not as traumatic as watching Javonne Shepherd choose a hat, but traumatic nonetheless. 

Scarborough is the team in the 4-team district that goes 0-10 and makes the playoffs, then loses by 70 in the first round to WOS.   I think they broke a 50+ game losing streak a couple of years ago.

9 hours ago, XOVERX said:

I'm here to help push us to 1K.

So ...

I went and read a few pages back, but I never got to where we changed our minds to where Sheperd is now considered to be even more strongly Texas (even though he originally verbaled in the cenozoic epoch).

What changed our thinking?

And hell yes we want Shepard this cycle versus "saving" his scholarship for use in next cycle. Good grief.

There. This ought to be good for a few responses.

If we could get a good geography discussion going that would add a few pages.  

36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Rank 2019 Horns Top 5 signees in order.... 

Article says:

1) Bru McCoy

2) Jordan Whittington

3) De'Gabriel Floyd

4) Tyler Owens

5) Jake Smith

https://hookemheadlines.com/2019/01/30/texas-football-re-ranking-horns-5-best-2019-commits-post-bru-mccoy-transfer/

I concur with this list. Is it good when the Gatorade POY is your fifth best signee? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I played at Delmar Stadium. Second game of my sophomore year, my first game to start on varsity. We played Scarborough and beat them. I don’t even know if that HS still exists. I remember our star CB tearing his knee up in the first half and wailing as they put him on a stretcher. It was traumatic for a 15 year old. Not as traumatic as watching Javonne Shepherd choose a hat, but traumatic nonetheless. 

I played Wheatley HS in the smaller stadium in the Delmar parking lot...Dwyer maybe?  They were godawful and other than the band there were about a dozen people in the stands on their side of the stadium.  They lived up to all of the HISD stereotypes.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Shepherd was all Aggy. Every site was saying he was flipping. Then something happened. I don't know what it was, but suddenly, Nahlin flipped ffrom castigating FWK to extoling FWK

It was Shepherd actually scheduling an OV here, which many thought he wouldn’t do. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

It was Shepherd actually scheduling an OV here, which many thought he wouldn’t do. 

yeah ill believe it when he shows up... personally i still think this is all part of a plan for Jimbo to have him to flip on NSD for perception and an aggie win because they have nothing else to celebrate.. he has assimilated to their perpetual loser mentality perfectly...

aggie hive mind = an entire institution w/ the exact same inferiority complex 

*id be happy to have him and wont sweat it one bit if he flips*

Spoke to someone who knows Saban and is as close to this stuff nationally as anyone. He thinks there's merit to Saban negging ATM to Shepherd, hard. I know we laugh at those fuckers for their paranoia, but this is far from an aggie passing on validity. 

I have a couple of good friends inside the Evil Empire itself, but I got nothing from them on anything right now, understandably. There have been recent missives thrown out there that this season is going to be the big push for Saban to win another one and then walk. He's had staff turnover again and has replaced killer recruiters with what he thinks are the best coaches on the market. 

Along those lines, and I've mentioned it in one of these threads - the Golding guy on his staff is who he thinks is going to be the next big thing in CFB. OU made a run at him and I'm glad he passed to stay on under Saban's wing. He's a stud recruiter and "has savant like qualities" when it comes to finding weaknesses in offenses. I think he's just been, or will be, elevated to DC, but I haven't looked it up so someone can fact check it.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

3: ATM

4: Ou

5: Texas

ESPN is the only one left ranking aggy that high.  Anybody know what it will take to pass aggy in those rankings?

All I can tell is they're only counting 23 players for Texas (no Shepherd).  Would JS and Henry do the trick?  That would be delicious since however meaningless IRL, aggy is now hanging their hat solely on ESPN.  The tears that would ensue from Lucy moving the football (again) would be hilarious.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Spoke to someone who knows Saban and is as close to this stuff nationally as anyone. He thinks there's merit to Saban negging ATM to Shepherd, hard. I know we laugh at those fuckers for their paranoia, but this is far from an aggie passing on validity. 

I have a couple of good friends inside the Evil Empire itself, but I got nothing from them on anything right now, understandably. There have been recent missives thrown out there that this season is going to be the big push for Saban to win another one and then walk. He's had staff turnover again and has replaced killer recruiters with what he thinks are the best coaches on the market. 

Along those lines, and I've mentioned it in one of these threads - the Golding guy on his staff is who he thinks is going to be the next big thing in CFB. OU made a run at him and I'm glad he passed to stay on under Saban's wing. He's a stud recruiter and "has savant like qualities" when it comes to finding weaknesses in offenses. I think he's just been, or will be, elevated to DC, but I haven't looked it up so someone can fact check it.

The irony of this better not be lost on anyone. Aggy sits around chanting SEC! SEC! while getting cuckholded by Alabama in recruiting. 

I still do not know how I can bring myself to get excited about him on our roster so I will just have to settle for the Aggy misery. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

ESPN is the only one left ranking aggy that high.  Anybody know what it will take to pass aggy in those rankings?

All I can tell is they're only counting 23 players for Texas (no Shepherd).  Would JS and Henry do the trick?  That would be delicious since however meaningless IRL, aggy is now hanging their hat solely on ESPN.  The tears that would ensue from Lucy moving the football (again) would be hilarious.

Great questions... 

Also..... Not sure how ESPN treats Juco transfers and Bru McCoy situation in their rankings scores?

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This fucking goober?

Image result for golding alabama

It's cool that he went to take his headshot 30 second after getting out of the shower.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

there's merit to Saban negging ATM to Shepherd, hard. I know we laugh at those fuckers for their paranoia, but this is far from an aggie passing on validity. 

the Golding guy on his staff is who he thinks is going to be the next big thing in CFB. OU made a run at him and I'm glad he passed to stay on under Saban's wing. He's a stud recruiter and "has savant like qualities" when it comes to finding weaknesses in offenses. I think he's just been, or will be, elevated to DC, but I haven't looked it up so someone can fact check it.

Great Stuff Ctj....

Golding probably smart staying on Bama's staff for a 2nd year since Saban's background is defense.  Has to be difficult getting enough defensive snaps at BlowU practices.

From a Jan 18th article.....

After some early struggles during the season, Saban stripped Lupoi of defensive play-calling responsibilities and handed them over to co-defensive coordinator Pete Golding, according to sources. Saban had poached Golding from UT-San Antonio in the offseason in part to alleviate concerns about Lupoi’s inexperience with the secondary and as a play-caller. Still, word is Lupoi seemed overwhelmed during practices and didn’t totally grasp situational play-calling. While he was still heavily involved in the defensive game-planning, there was no question Golding taking over play-calling represented a demotion of sorts for Lupoi barely into the start of his defensive coordinator stint. Additionally, it was clear within the program how much Saban valued Golding, especially given he fended off other schools including Ole Miss in order to keep Golding at Alabama. It gave Lupoi reason enough to look for a soft landing place once Alabama’s season ended.

There have been rumblings of Washington’s Jimmy Lake and other DC candidates interviewing, but Saban fought hard to keep Golding in town and seems to be very high on him. I fully expect Pete to be the coordinator. 

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

So ESPN has the aggies ranked higher than any of the other services?

How will they justify this in their heads that is is the same "ESPiN" that is controlled by the sips due to the LHN?

Come on man. Lack of evidence of the conspiracy is evidence of the conspiracy. Tin foil hat 101.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Does blOU have a good AD? Whether it's Riley, Golding, or going back to Venables/Stoops, they always seem to identify and go after these young "next big thing in CFB"-type coaches quickly.

Edited by satyanash

36 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Does blOU have a good AD? Whether it's Riley, Golding, or going back to Venables/Stoops, they always seem to identify and go after these young "next big thing in CFB"-type coaches quickly.

They ran Venables out of town didn't they?  But yeah, good catch on Bob Stoops and Lincoln, though we could've had both of them as well.

58 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Imagine getting ready in the morning, taking one last look at this in the mirror, and saying to yourself “Yeah, I’m ready for my professional headshot”.

That's why ctj used the term "savant." Of course what he meant was "on the spectrum."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WBT said:

I played Wheatley HS in the smaller stadium in the Delmar parking lot...Dwyer maybe?  They were godawful and other than the band there were about a dozen people in the stands on their side of the stadium.  They lived up to all of the HISD stereotypes.

It was Dyer Stadium.  My jr. high played football games there.  Now, it's called a middle school . What a load of crap.