Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I think that my older sister shit herself a little after the 20 mile marker in her first marathon. 

But it was in NYC, so there probably weren't any people around to see it/smell it at the finish line.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I wasn't there, so I can't verify that this actually happened.

You know, I never thought that we should allow ANY Rule #1 exceptions, but I'm actually okay with it this one time. 

6 hours ago, Chili dog said:

I think shitting yourself during a marathon is pretty standard. One of many reasons you shouldn’t do it, not to mention the first guy who tried it died. 

Shitting yourself during a marathon is definitely not "pretty standard." There are port-a-potties at least every mile. I've finished three and never seen it happen. I'm sure it occurs, but it's rare.

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Είναι μια κακή ιδέα να λερώσετε τα παντελόνια σας ενώ τρέχετε. Ειδικά όταν τρέχετε από τους Πέρσες.

5 hours ago, Strat said:

Exeis Dikio ama eisai kai malakas 

μακάριος, ἀναπείρετε αὐτούς

Edited by Magus Ossis

5 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Shitting yourself during a marathon is definitely not "pretty standard." There are port-a-potties at least every mile. I've finished three and never seen it happen. I'm sure it occurs, but it's rare.

Stopping to use a port-a-potty is for pussies. That’s a well known standard.  Your time will suffer. Plenty of competitive runners shit themselves during marathons. If you’ve never shit yourself, you’re just a casual marathoner. 

16 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Stopping to use a port-a-potty is for pussies. That’s a well known standard.  Your time will suffer. Plenty of competitive runners shit themselves during marathons. If you’ve never shit yourself, you’re just a casual marathoner. 

Right on man.  Heck, I do it during 5Ks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Ive run 12 of them and thats not a casual runner. On occasion if I had to stop, I did. Its not being a pussie.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Usually thread shitting is just an expression...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chili dog said:

i mean, whatever makes you feel better about jogging around town with runny shit down your leg.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

1st Thought: I've always felt that verbs were highly overrated.

2nd Thought: I do love the focus on multi-sport athletes.

I've been trying to explain to my friend's 7 year-old boy how facing forward buy moving quickly to either side is a skill that translates across football, basketball, soccer, tennis, and even playing in the infield in baseball. You never know in which sport the skill is going to click with the kid, so playing several sports just increases the likelihood that the kid is going to pick up things and then can carry that over to other sports. Establishing position first is another one that translates across football, basketball, & soccer (probably lacrosse too, but. I never played that one).

2 hours ago, futureman said:

there’s like 25+ runners in this vid.  which’n is he?

Tip: When running a 4x??? relay, the number of participants is always going to be a multiple of 4.

There're like 16+ / 20+ / 24+ / 28+ runners in this vid.

The "+" never means "another 1 or 2", but always "another 4 or 8 or 12".

We all make mistakes. A friend pointed out one of mine just last night and I appreciated it greatly. 

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Tip: When running a 4x??? relay, the number of participants is always going to be a multiple of 4.

There're like 16+ / 20+ / 24+ / 28+ runners in this vid.

The "+" never means "another 1 or 2", but always "another 4 or 8 or 12".

We all make mistakes. A friend pointed out one of mine just last night and I appreciated it greatly. 

Does that include alternates?

Just now, Bevo said:

Does that include alternates?

I do not believe that alternates are allowed to run alongside teammates in the same race.

But I haven't attended a track meet since high school and I haven't run a relay since the St. John's Rebel Relays (is it still called that?) my freshman year when I picked up a Bronze in the freshman category of the 4 x 400m relay. (I ran the 3rd leg and passed a guy around the first turn to put us in 3rd place, but was about 80 meters before 2nd place.)

23 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

I've done 11 and never seen it happen.  I did take a shit in the ditch across the street from Wellesley College one year during Boston.  Several other races, I've shit on the side of the road or in the woods where there were no spectators.  Peed on myself while running a bunch, but no way I shit unless it's a shart.  

I also had a friend who got her period during a race, and crossed the finish line with blood pouring down her leg, but she had already stopped a couple of times to try to take care of it.  

• Like 2