Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

16 minutes ago, futureman said:

how much time do you have

Hell if I know. You're the one from the future...but seriously, if it is in response to something I said, I would like to know. Always down to get a different perspective. Just shoot it in a PM, so we don't fuck this thread anymore than it already is.

24 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Hell if I know. You're the one from the future...but seriously, if it is in response to something I said, I would like to know. Always down to get a different perspective. Just shoot it in a PM, so we don't fuck this thread anymore than it already is.

He's a shit-stirrer and you're falling into his trap. Ignore him

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

you need to quit being so damn stupid and listen to that mick bastard. 

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

On a separate note, I am interested in watching the overall development physically between the Moore twins.  It will be a good case study in the difference strength training programs between the two schools.  This should be a powerful selling point between us and aggy.  Hopefully, it works in our favor (I think it will) and is exploited to its fullest potential.

I think another to compare would be Cosmi to Carson Green.

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Don't think it has to be a playoff run. I think if we beat USC and OU, win 10 regular season games (not what I'm predicting though) and play in a high profile bowl game, we end up flipping a few guys we were in on, or getting a few high profile kids that we weren't in on before. Even then, I don't see how we end up any higher than 5. Georgia and Bama are all guaranteed to end up with higher ranked classes. Clemson, Ohio State, Aggy and OU are also likely to end up with higher-ranked classes assuming Urban doesn't get canned. Even with a 10/11-win kind of season. And still, if we only win 6 or 7 regular season games, I can see this class falling apart. People taking a definitive stance on where the class will rank don't know shit. If I were betting on where we end up today, I'd say somewhere between 9-12.  

And yes, I agree that it seems like there were fewer flips last year.

Actually, Clemson doesn’t project to a top 5 class either - at least, last time I looked. I don’t think they give a shit, really. 

Texas made some great evaluations to close the 2018 class. If they do that again and finish in the top 10, I’ll take it. 

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

What if his name was Mary and he wore bright pink panties that were visible through the white pants?

This would be one of the funnier things to witness in the history of sports. 

Chris needs to be careful not to start throwing too much sunshine. Hopefully by the first game he'll have moved back to the bandana and the "I'm about to kill your family" vibe.  

Whatever....just happy he knows the difference between their, there, and they’re.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Cali teams are always overrated.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

When has Duncanville been a power in football?

They won State back in ‘99. The fact that they havent been dominant in the past decade or so is really an indictment of the previous coaching staffs. They’re located in a talent hotbed, all the schools around them have been great (Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Lancaster). And Duncanville is a much bigger school than all of them.

Sleeping giant that Samples is starting to wake.

EJ after dark: Latest on Tyler Owens, DL targets

— I had an opportunity to watch three-star Plano East safety Tyler Owens in action today. It’s no surprise Texas decided to get in on his recruitment. While he is still raw as a player, he has so much athletic upside. Owens has been in frequent contact with Texas safeties coach Criag Naivar, and the two are quickly building a strong relationship. While Texas is trending, I still feel like the Longhorns have some work to do here. His visit for the game against USC on Sept. 15 will be crucial.

— Texas has not officially offered Los Angeles Cathedral (Calif.) defensive lineman Stephon Wright despite some conflicting reports. But there is interest there. Wright has remained in contact with the Texas staff, and it wouldn’t be surprising if the Longhorns did enter the mix this fall. Wright is still open in his recruitment and is in the process of setting up official visits.

— Mansfield Legacy defensive lineman Taurean Carter named Texas in his Top 4 today. So what does that mean? Look guys, Texas is keeping in contact with Carter and may host him for a visit this fall. However, the Longhorns are taking a wait and see approach as they continue to evaluate other defensive linemen and work on priority targets like Jacoby Jones and Faatui Tuitele.

— A name to know in the 2020 class is four-star Saguaro (AZ) outside linebacker Damian Sellers. He holds several major offers early on and is a national Top 100 prospects. Texas has been in contact with Sellers and could throw its hat in the ring in the future. Arizona, after all, is a state the Longhorns want to continue to recruit hard.

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Actually, Clemson doesn’t project to a top 5 class either - at least, last time I looked. I don’t think they give a shit, really. 

Texas made some great evaluations to close the 2018 class. If they do that again and finish in the top 10, I’ll take it.

I wouldn't mind it one bit if TH's recruiting style wound up being a lot like Clemson's - I would guess that Debo and crew do their own very thorough evaluations on all their potential prospects and give zero fucks about what the $9.95 crew have to say about anything. Couple that with a strong development program and you can see why they've been so good despite having no super highly ranked classes lately - their last six classes were ranked as follows in the 247 composite: 15 (2013), 15 (2014), 9 (2015), 11 (2016), 16 (2017), and 6 (2018).

With that in mind, I'm hoping that Herman and the staff have some of those kind of evaluation skills - they've certainly shown some promise with guys like Kerstetter, Brewer, Cosmi (allegedly), and a few others. I'm still in wait and see mode, but I do have high hopes for this staff's ability to evaluate.

Now, if we could just dump Beck and make a serious run at Tony Elliott or Jeff Scott, I would be very, very happy.

20 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I wouldn't mind it one bit if TH's recruiting style wound up being a lot like Clemson's - I would guess that Debo and crew do their own very thorough evaluations on all their potential prospects and give zero fucks about what the $9.95 crew have to say about anything. Couple that with a strong development program and you can see why they've been so good despite having no super highly ranked classes lately - their last six classes were ranked as follows in the 247 composite: 15 (2013), 15 (2014), 9 (2015), 11 (2016), 16 (2017), and 6 (2018).

With that in mind, I'm hoping that Herman and the staff have some of those kind of evaluation skills - they've certainly shown some promise with guys like Kerstetter, Brewer, Cosmi (allegedly), and a few others. I'm still in wait and see mode, but I do have high hopes for this staff's ability to evaluate.

Now, if we could just dump Beck and make a serious run at Tony Elliott or Jeff Scott, I would be very, very happy.

Clemson also diverges from the Saban and Meyer method because he minimizes attrition and doesn't oversign for the most part.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Something to keep in mind is that a lot of Clemson's 3*s are guys at the top of their board from the get go and they prioritize them and lock them in, while a lot of our 3*s will be the result of hustling for good backup plans after missing on primary targets. The end result could end up being the same thing with different paths to get there, but to me there's a slight difference 

• Like 1