Texas recruiting notes 2019

8 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Was it even that legit????

It was a three way tie again in the South between Oklahoma, aggy and Okie State.

OU lost to aggy and Mizzou

aggy lost to Okie State and Mizzou

Okie State lost to OU and Nebraska

They all lost to each other and all the tie breakers didn’t count so it went to the highest BCS rankings which was OU.  aggy was lowest ranked since they also lost their OOC game against Arkansas.

1 hour ago, ckhorn said:

Looking at the 247 rating. We are listed at #7 with 22 commitments for 91.02 average and 269.08 score. While, LSU is at #5 with 20 commitments for a 90.89 average and a 271.75 score.

What am I missing here.

Essentially, LSU gets a slight bump for having more 5 stars and a higher top recruit.

• The Formula
  • Team Ranking Explanation
  • where c is a specific team's total number of commits and Rn is the 247Sports Composite Rating of the nth-best commit times 100.
  • Explanation
  • In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.
  • Each recruit is weighted in the rankings according to a GAUSSIAN DISTRIBUTION FORMULA (a bell curve), where a team's best recruit is worth the most points. You can think of a team's point score as being the sum of ratings of all the team's commits where the best recruit is worth 100% of his rating value, the second best recruit is worth nearly 100% of his rating value, down to the last recruit who is worth a small fraction of his rating value. This formula ensures that all commits contribute at least some value to the team's score without heavily rewarding teams that have several more commitments than others.
  • Readers familiar with the Gaussian distribution formula will note that we use a varying value for σ based on the standard deviation for the total number of commits between schools for the given sport. This STANDARD DEVIATIONcreates a bell curve with an inflection point near the average number of players recruited per team.
  • Below is a graphical representation of how our formula works. You can see that the area under the curve gets smaller both as the rating for a commit decreases and as the number of total commits for a school increases. The y-axis in this graph represents the percentage weight of the score that gets applied to an overall team ranking.
  •  
  •  
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Ellis said:

Someone call for a guy who negotiates million dollar deals for breakfast?

200w.gif

The Ellis spin off movie is the Die Hard sequel we all wanted to see. 

It'd probably be 2 hours of Ellis doing blow, hitting on strippers, and talking on a giant cell phone. So basically a night out with Zach Smith. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, pacman said:

Essentially, LSU gets a slight bump for having more 5 stars and a higher top recruit.

• The Formula
  • where c is a specific team's total number of commits and Rn is the 247Sports Composite Rating of the nth-best commit times 100.
  • Explanation
  • In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.
  • Each recruit is weighted in the rankings according to a GAUSSIAN DISTRIBUTION FORMULA (a bell curve), where a team's best recruit is worth the most points. You can think of a team's point score as being the sum of ratings of all the team's commits where the best recruit is worth 100% of his rating value, the second best recruit is worth nearly 100% of his rating value, down to the last recruit who is worth a small fraction of his rating value. This formula ensures that all commits contribute at least some value to the team's score without heavily rewarding teams that have several more commitments than others.
  • Readers familiar with the Gaussian distribution formula will note that we use a varying value for σ based on the standard deviation for the total number of commits between schools for the given sport. This STANDARD DEVIATIONcreates a bell curve with an inflection point near the average number of players recruited per team.
  • Below is a graphical representation of how our formula works. You can see that the area under the curve gets smaller both as the rating for a commit decreases and as the number of total commits for a school increases. The y-axis in this graph represents the percentage weight of the score that gets applied to an overall team ranking.
  •  
  •  

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

WTF? They think Sayles is impartial? 

I think we're underestimating Aggys. Most of us think they're living an alternate reality, but I think Aggys are living in another dimension. 

Yeah Sayles is the one that made a topic about congratulating NaNa for picking ND over Texas.

3 hours ago, pacman said:

• The Formula
  • Explanation
  •  
  •  

So, SEC?

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does the "Mo Bamba" dance craze help with 'croots? Asking for an older, whiter friend. 

Virginia tech played it during the game and both sidelines were going nuts. I wish we could get sheck to give us the rights to it in the sports world. I know it’s a hot song for the youngns but it is about a Texas player....and hos and ballin of course.

Because our coaches can’t be on the road, I hope our graphic teams comes up with good stuff like-could be in a cafeteria talking to an asst. coach or you could be playing for this (pic of big12 trophy). You know something like that. #hireme

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

8 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

SIAP but the player deny we were recruiting that seemed like a lock to va tech committed to cal. That couldn’t be a more different school....weird. 

For anyone else who had a hard time deciphering this gibberish, the player he is trying to refer to is JUCO prospect Kuony Deng.

https://247sports.com/player/kuony-deng-46056052/

• Like 7

I haven't ever received confirmation about whether or not we have the gigantic support staff we were supposed to have when Herman became our coach. I remember talk about us having a support staff to rival Alabama's and Clemson's?  I assume that is true, but it is strange how little has been said about it.  Can someone confirm and point me to an article that says as much?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mop said:

I haven't ever received confirmation about whether or not we have the gigantic support staff we were supposed to have when Herman became our coach. I remember talk about us having a support staff to rival Alabama's and Clemson's?  I assume that is true, but it is strange how little has been said about it.  Can someone confirm and point me to an article that says as much?

I believe BC is an example of this change in organizational structure.  Also, the better social media presence with content  (quality and quantity) I think is another example. We have someone or a team working that angle.   I think you are referring to the "analyst" type position though.  Saban makes great use of that by plugging one of these guys in when one of his coaches/coordinators takes another job.  I don't think they are allowed to coach or be in/on the sideline/booth though.

correspondingly, I would like to see the LHN more fully utilized in recruiting....right up to the edge of what is permitted and even crossing the line some because, who the fuck is going to do anything about it?

We are stuck with this thing, we have an asshole coach who doesn't mind going right at the jugular when it comes to anyone outside his "ever tightening circle" and an "ouside the box" thinking AD...fuck aggy's sensibilities and screeching envy....put that McCoy kid's games on network television....have a crew at all of Demas' games next year....if that nimrod Hamm is getting into these games, send in an ESPN crew for interviews and highlights, if not a full broadcast of the game.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

I believe BC is an example of this change in organizational structure.  Also, the better social media presence with content  (quality and quantity) I think is another example. We have someone or a team working that angle.   I think you are referring to the "analyst" type position though.  Saban makes great use of that by plugging one of these guys in when one of his coaches/coordinators takes another job.  I don't think they are allowed to coach or be in/on the sideline/booth though.

Herman has tried to hire a couple of ex HCs and OCs as quality control guys.  I know the aggy OC was one. Before he went w sumlin. There were a couple of more that i cant remember .  Seemed to be a cross netween getting experienced talented guys to contribute to the program. And a kinda holding spot in case he needed to make a switch and cause as few ripples as possible. 

49 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

correspondingly, I would like to see the LHN more fully utilized in recruiting....right up to the edge of what is permitted and even crossing the line some because, who the fuck is going to do anything about it?

We are stuck with this thing, we have an asshole coach who doesn't mind going right at the jugular when it comes to anyone outside his "ever tightening circle" and an "ouside the box" thinking AD...fuck aggy's sensibilities and screeching envy....put that McCoy kid's games on network television....have a crew at all of Demas' games next year....if that nimrod Hamm is getting into these games, send in an ESPN crew for interviews and highlights, if not a full broadcast of the game.  

This is real dumb

6 minutes ago, randygilman said:

This is real dumb

there is nothing preventing us from using that network to our recruiting advantage beyond dressing a recruit up in a uniform and having him do a fake interview on the sound stage. 

what is "dumb" is to continue to allow that albatross to lie latent with restrictions on its use put on our administration by the other school's administrations who were concerned about us gaining  unfair advantage.  Fuck them, and you.

Nick Saban has made a career of stretching the rules to his advantage and daring someone to force him to stop...that's how this extra-coaches thing was born in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

there is nothing preventing us from using that network to our recruiting advantage beyond dressing a recruit up in a uniform and having him do a fake interview on the sound stage. 

what is "dumb" is to continue to allow that albatross to lie latent with restrictions on its use put on our administration by the other school's administrations who were concerned about us gaining  unfair advantage.  Fuck them, and you.

Nick Saban has made a career of stretching the rules to his advantage and daring someone to force him to stop...that's how this extra-coaches thing was born in the first place. 

The first rule of breaking rules/cheating is not to put evidence of blatant disregard for the rules on regional/network television, but I haven’t checked that rule book in a while

the first rule of television is how do I get eyes. California HS FB and HISD football do not draw eyes.

finally, and most importantly, that will never happen because the content on LHN is decided by ESPN, not by Herman or CDC. ESPN is not going to sign off on providing a blatant record of cheating when it would be in their worst interests to do so.

Edited by randygilman
  • Like 2

Was it a lawsuit or a threat by the other schools in the Big 12 to leave (LMAO) if they aired HS games?  Most people don't even have LHN or notice it. I too say F it and turn up the high school content.  Even have a camera following Hookem Commits on their transition from high school to reporting for spring,summer, fall camps.

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

Yeah guys, link or it didn’t happen...

I can't find it.....the NCAA sure a hell isn't going to do anything about it....I even mentioned that broadcasting the games is not realistic(not because of any "lawsuit" but because of the logistics involved)..but everything short of that should be explored. It is a weapon at our disposal and making other schools comfortable with our use of it is not the primary motivation of our current administrators...I want to believe. 

38 minutes ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Post Oak said:
I agree. He helps your problem with recruiting DFW while helping in Louisiana. 

How does he help in da boot?

KU signed two 4* Louisiana players last year and has some ties to the state.  Not sure if you should give credit to him or if it was just one of his assistants.