Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

10 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

With what Foster did you in the sugar bowl and what Tyler Owens is showing in all star practice. Im feeling a lot better about Brandon Jones "liking what he heard " from the draft committee. 

Unless he can run a 4.3, Brandon Jones isn’t a 1st or 2nd rounder if he comes out this year.  He could be next year with a very good senior season and some production on tape. 

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Brandon Jones saying he was "liking what he heard" could be interpreted in a billion different ways. For all we know it could be he was getting a "go back to school" grade so now he knows to come back. 

He’s also not going to come out and say that he got a low grade so he’s stuck playing at UT for a year. He might leave but he has to know that an injury free year would boost him. 

28 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Unless he can run a 4.3, Brandon Jones isn’t a 1st or 2nd rounder if he comes out this year.  He could be next year with a very good senior season and some production on tape. 

He actually does run a 4.3. Not saying he is leaving, but he has elite range and tackling ability. Ball skills not so much.  Jones leaving would open up the field for Sterns, Foster, and Overshown to hit the field at the same time. That would be pretty ok. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

He’s also not going to come out and say that he got a low grade so he’s stuck playing at UT for a year. He might leave but he has to know that an injury free year would boost him. 

He doesn't have to say it, the NFL makes that information public.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

O Really? That is some 4D Chess right there. Mensa

My heart wants to believe that this is someone from USC. My head is furiously trying to figure out which players have been in touch with him from our side. 

Well, wasn't he staying with a QB of ours who is now in the transfer portal? 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

O Really? That is some 4D Chess right there. Mensa

My heart wants to believe that this is someone from USC. My head is furiously trying to figure out which players have been in touch with him from our side. 

Cam Rising was his host and also from California.  If it’s from our side, it has to be him as he has 1 foot out the door.  However, from the quote it seems like it’s mulitple players.  If it’s mulitple players, has to be USC.  This Texas team has been very close from fall camp.  One of the most unselfish group we have had in a while.  For the first time, I feel like we have players that want to be here and win bc they love Texas.  Guys like CJ, LJH, Sam, Beck, PJ, Hager, Charles O bleed burnt orange 

Edited by victory88

44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A 4.3 32 yard dash?

50 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

lying top gun GIF

Per Super K

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2016/07/texas-freak-show/

Brandon Jones.., last, but not least, another uber-athlete on the defensive side of the ball at safety. Brandon, if needed, could excel at any defensive back position, but long term projects as a safety and is the most talented safety prospect since Earl Thomas to arrive on the 40 Acres. This kid’s a great person, great football player, and can flat-out fly, as he is a 4.3 40-yard runner himself and a tackling machine. Expect big things.

American-Dad-Principal-Lewis-fuck-yall-g

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Kingsbury interviewing with the Jets and Cardinals.  Bru may be disappointed when he gets to USC.

www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-kliff-kingsbury-get-head-coaching-interviews-jets-cardinals-232458625.html

I would bet anybody any amount of money that Kingsbury leaves USC before Bru's eligibility is used up. 

18 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

It's downright incredible how many different reasons this board devises to explain if Bru is swayed by x then "he's just looking for any excuse to pick USC."  That's exactly what has happened (past tense), so we can stop with the hypotheticals.  He's going to USC.

Present perfect tense, actually. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, B Jones can fly.  He’s great at run support bc he can get there very quickly.  He had multiple goal line tackles this year where he chased the RB for a tackle as they play was bounced outside.  His speed isn’t the issue.  Jones is a going to see his stock rise if he gets a combine invite.  His ball skills are so so.  I hope he stays but many people are discarding how well he has played this year.  He had some wtf moments his sophomore year but many players take time to pick up a defense especially when you’re the one making sure players are in the right spots.  I would not be shocked to see Jones go as a late 2nd round pick.  He has NFL talent.

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Kingsbury interviewing with the Jets and Cardinals.  Bru may be disappointed when he gets to USC.

www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-kliff-kingsbury-get-head-coaching-interviews-jets-cardinals-232458625.html

I would bet anybody any amount of money that Kingsbury leaves USC before Bru's eligibility is used up. 

Helton and the entire USC staff might be gone next year. 

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, B Jones can fly.  He’s great at run support bc he can get there very quickly.  He had multiple goal line tackles this year where he chased the RB for a tackle as they play was bounced outside.  His speed isn’t the issue.  Jones is a going to see his stock rise if he gets a combine invite.  His ball skills are so so.  I hope he stays but many people are discarding how well he has played this year.  He had some wtf moments his sophomore year but many players take time to pick up a defense especially when you’re the one making sure players are in the right spots.  I would not be shocked to see Jones go as a late 2nd round pick.  He has NFL talent.

B. Jones might leave and I guess he could go as a " late 2nd round pick" but I doubt he's getting a 1st or 2nd round grade. I would be surprised if he's not getting a "go back to school" grade. 

Jones had a good year but he also missed several games because of injury. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Per Super K

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2016/07/texas-freak-show/

Brandon Jones.., last, but not least, another uber-athlete on the defensive side of the ball at safety. Brandon, if needed, could excel at any defensive back position, but long term projects as a safety and is the most talented safety prospect since Earl Thomas to arrive on the 40 Acres. This kid’s a great person, great football player, and can flat-out fly, as he is a 4.3 40-yard runner himself and a tackling machine. Expect big things.

American-Dad-Principal-Lewis-fuck-yall-g

Oh, we're taking high school recruiting measurements as truth? Do you also believe Kyler Murray is 5'11? 

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

EJ:

I’m hearing Bru actually signed his LOI and maybe some regret is setting in.  It was all roses after the Kliff hire.  USC had him visit at the perfect time, right before NSD1. Always takes a few weeks to come down from the post visit high.  I really think Bru likes Texas and Knows he would be developed by coming here.  I think he may have bought the sunshine from USC and emotionally signed.  Now he’s wondering if he made the right choice with the Kliff rumors and players telling him to stay away from USC.  I’m hearing his parents are trying to figure out  way to get out of his LOI he signed.  It’s why the parents are still communicating with the Texas staff.

....  just kidding.... i made that shit up.  9.95 please.

fuck it...you want paypal or venmo?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Damn! You guys can take a single, shitty scrap of a quote and over analyze the absolute fuck out of it.

Are you saying we’re all males by using the term “guys”? By saying “shitty scap of quote” are you implying that what he said was shit, he chose a terrible sentence to quote, or that he was misquoted?

30 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That's fair

What specific piece of that assault was fair and by whose standard?

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

EJ:

I’m hearing Bru actually signed his LOI and maybe some regret is setting in.  It was all roses after the Kliff hire.  USC had him visit at the perfect time, right before NSD1. Always takes a few weeks to come down from the post visit high.  I really think Bru likes Texas and Knows he would be developed by coming here.  I think he may have bought the sunshine from USC and emotionally signed.  Now he’s wondering if he made the right choice with the Kliff rumors and players telling him to stay away from USC.  I’m hearing his parents are trying to figure out  way to get out of his LOI he signed.  It’s why the parents are still communicating with the Texas staff.

Honestly this was too real. I think it may be true 

17 minutes ago, victory88 said:

EJ:

My $9.95 is in the mail.