Texas recruiting notes 2019

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Wrong. Literally no one is a downgrade from EJ. 

While I agree with the general premise you're attempting to put forth here, I will raise you Taylor Hamm, Billy Liucci, and Geoff Ketchum. James Hale, those Baylor cum stains from Sic 'Em 365 who think that rape is well within the purview of a football player, etc...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

While I agree with the general premise you're attempting to put forth here, I will raise you Taylor Hamm, Billy Liucci, and Geoff Ketchum. James Hale, those Baylor cum stains from Sic 'Em 365 who think that rape is well within the purview of a football player, etc...

JFC. Seeing all those names together  makes you realize how truly terrible $9.95ers are. 

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

JFC. Seeing all those names together  makes you realize how truly terrible $9.95ers are. 

It's really bad. And then consider that Ketchum is almost certainly a multi-millionaire. Who embezzled funds from charity to pay his back taxes, allegedly. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

On 1/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, I believe by 7 points or something. But Arkansas only won something like 2 games and went 0-8 in conference. 

Something like 4 of the last 5 Arkansas-A&M games have gone into OT or been a one-possession game, but Arkansas has lost every single one and invented new ways to choke it away every time.

It's looking like we finally might get our talent level up from Bielema's awful roster management with how we're recruiting, but unfortunately so are they.

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus, following this fucking line of thinking I'm obligated to go to watch every fucking Hallmark movie my wife wants to watch, or go visit my fucking mother 5 days a week because we have a relationship. No. Sir. 

I would watch every fucking Hallmark movie with your wife before I'd visit my fucking mother 5 days a week. (I didn't spend 7 1/2 years on another continent while my mother couldn't figure out Skype just to improve my Spanish.)

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Pretty good read. I think IT is way overselling Roschon. I like him, and think he can be good, but his accuracy is absolutely an issue. His mechanics are really inconsistent and they lead to some really bad throws... If he can fix his mechanics, he’ll be a stud in this offense, but that absolutely has to happen...

@Fud I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on Roschon.

If Roschon does NOT improve his mechanics, how would he do as an RB?

He is listed as 6'1" & 192 lbs on 247, but could he turn into a 6'1" (or 6' flat) & 215 lbs RB if his mechanics don't improve over the next year or two?

SIDE: I think that Jalen Hurts should have moved to part-time RB this year and then grad transferred somewhere (Texas?) to be a full-time RB next year if he wants to play in the NFL. QB is absolutely NOT a position that he could play in the NFL. I don't care how many teams are adding RPOs.

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would watch every fucking Hallmark movie with your wife before I'd visit my fucking mother 5 days a week. (I didn't spend 7 1/2 years on another continent while my mother couldn't figure out Skype just to improve my Spanish.)

If Roschon does NOT improve his mechanics, how would he do as an RB?

He is listed as 6'1" & 192 lbs on 247, but could he turn into a 6'1" (or 6' flat) & 215 lbs RB if his mechanics don't improve over the next year or two?

SIDE: I think that Jalen Hurts should have moved to part-time RB this year and then grad transferred somewhere (Texas?) to be a full-time RB next year if he wants to play in the NFL. QB is absolutely NOT a position that he could play in the NFL. I don't care how many teams are adding RPOs.

Roschon is light years ahead of D'Eriq King and Greg Ward and those two absolutely lit it up.  RJ is smart with a great work ethic, he's going to be a beast in this offense.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There are NFL and MLB franchises arguing, as we speak, over who is going to get to draft Kyler fucking Murray. Something tells me Jalen has at least an outside shot.

7 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

Roschon is light years ahead of D'Eriq King and Greg Ward and those two absolutely lit it up.  RJ is smart with a great work ethic, he's going to be a beast in this offense.

Okay, good to know.

I don't know much about D'Eriq King other than he played some at Houston this year (I think). I do know that Greg Ward was a WR for a while before he was moved to QB, but I didn't know what his high school passing was like. I saw him play some in college and he seemed ~6' & 185 lbs-ish. Rather slight for a QB, but he seemed to do well enough, was accurate enough, was mobile, and didn't take big hits.

I was thinking that Roschon was ~205 lbs already when the idea of possible RB popped into my head, but I haven't watched his tape and then only learned his listed height & weight once I started to write my post. Also, I think that I read something that said that right now, his throws are all arm, because he doesn't have the mechanics down. My hope is that that arm is pretty strong and that once he improves his mechanics and strengthens his core that he'll have "a stronger arm" in addition to his accuracy improving.

...still don't want Cam Rising to transfer. I have dreams of him becoming a Deshaun Watson. A great QB who can run if need be, but is a great passing QB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Current team ranking is 9th, with a score of 273.97 and average recruit rating of 91.09 (which is also good for 9th).

I think this is what it was after the ESPN 300 updated.  I don't think today's Rivals has been factored into the composite yet.  Hookfin is still at .8910 so he should go up.

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

There are NFL and MLB franchises arguing, as we speak, over who is going to get to draft Kyler fucking Murray. Something tells me Jalen has at least an outside shot.

Kyler Murray as a passer is light years ahead of Jalen Hurts as a passer.

Passing over running is the wave of the future in the NFL, especially having a mobile QB who can extend plays and is very accurate on the move. 

Mobile and Accurate:
-Russell Wilson
-Patrick Mahomes
-Mitch Trubisky (though I have yet to see it)
-Dak Prescott (though he has problems with the deep ball)
-Baker Mayfield (who took over for Tyrod Taylor)
-Deshaun Watson
-Sam Darnold (though he has a ways to go)
-Jared Goff (not a runner, but is mobile)
-Carson Wentz

Even old(er) guys like:
-Aaron Rodgers
-Ben Roethlisberger
-Philip Rivers (who runs with cement shoes)
-Nick Foles

...are known for being accurate while extending plays with their feet.

Mobile But Not Accurate:
-Josh Allen, because of his cannon arm, is the only guy on this list with a future.
-Blake Bortles had one good (accurate) season, but will be a backup somewhere next year.

Jalen Hurts falls into the "Mobile But Not Accurate" category and he isn't 6'5"+ with a cannon for an arm.

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Okay, good to know.

I don't know much about D'Eriq King other than he played some at Houston this year (I think). I do know that Greg Ward was a WR for a while before he was moved to QB, but I didn't know what his high school passing was like. I saw him play some in college and he seemed ~6' & 185 lbs-ish. Rather slight for a QB, but he seemed to do well enough, was accurate enough, was mobile, and didn't take big hits.

I was thinking that Roschon was ~205 lbs already when the idea of possible RB popped into my head, but I haven't watched his tape and then only learned his listed height & weight once I started to write my post. Also, I think that I read something that said that right now, his throws are all arm, because he doesn't have the mechanics down. My hope is that that arm is pretty strong and that once he improves his mechanics and strengthens his core that he'll have "a stronger arm" in addition to his accuracy improving.

...still don't want Cam Rising to transfer. I have dreams of him becoming a Deshaun Watson. A great QB who can run if need be, but is a great passing QB.

King was a stud for houston this year. Threw 36 TDs and ran for 14 before injury.

3 hours ago, Gohogs14 said:

Something like 4 of the last 5 Arkansas-A&M games have gone into OT or been a one-possession game, but Arkansas has lost every single one and invented new ways to choke it away every time.

It's looking like we finally might get our talent level up from Bielema's awful roster management with how we're recruiting, but unfortunately so are they.

I fucking hope so. I want y'all to butt fuck those sheep loving hillbillies 

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy doing in-home with Shepherd tonight according to the aggy 247 board.  Is it Jimbo or just the Marine?  Anyways, looks like FWK went to the visit as well.  Shepherd no longer has the "Texas commit" as a pinned tweet.  He gone.

No in homes tonight. Bama and Georgia coming in tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy doing in-home with Shepherd tonight according to the aggy 247 board.  Is it Jimbo or just the Marine?  Anyways, looks like FWK went to the visit as well.  Shepherd no longer has the "Texas commit" as a pinned tweet.  He gone.

The tweet is still there.

Edited by thepop

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This is why you have to sign a QB in every class. Rising could have been the primary backup this year to a junior, a situation he is going to face at Utah. 

So now it’s Thompson and Roschon battling it out in the spring. 

Edited by Newy25

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm convinced all this is also related the the ex-pool boy protecting his twitter. He was told if you fuck this up one more time and cause him not to flip we will forever cut you off of anything Aggy and publicly call you the cancer to the program that you are.

27 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This is why you have to sign a QB in every class. Rising could have been the primary backup this year to a junior, a situation he is going to face at Utah. 

So now it’s Thompson and Roschon battling it out in the spring. 

Think Rising didn’t like all of the QB running in our offense but I’m sure we would’ve worked around his skills. But hey, next man up. If we keep Thompson I’ll be happy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

so, with this happening(insert :its happening gif.

does Texas snap off another QB take for 2019? GT? JUCO? High school?

ask Malik Zaire how not coming to Texas worked out for him .

We aren't taking another HS scholarship QB.

Grad transfer would be nice but who wants to transfer to be the backup for a year and hope that Sam gets injured?

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Think Rising didn’t like all of the QB running in our offense but I’m sure we would’ve worked around his skills. But hey, next man up. If we keep Thompson I’ll be happy. 

people fell in love with Risings arm. but maybe he doesnt want to get hit Like Sam does? thats a hell of an example to live up to.

. Thompson is a better fit for this offense. and if he gets killed, Roschon is there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

so, with this happening(insert :its happening gif.

does Texas snap off another QB take for 2019? GT? JUCO? High school?

ask Malik Zaire how not coming to Texas worked out for him .

Doubtful. As long as Thompson stays. There is no grad transfer who wants to go to a school where the starting QB is a junior who is going to be on Heisman lists. 

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

We aren't taking another HS scholarship QB.

Grad transfer would be nice but who wants to transfer to be the backup for a year and hope that Sam gets injured?

which he will. and heaven forbid if Herman actually doesnt take the foot of the gas and a QB gets dome garbage time late. ya hearing me Herman?!?!?

Rising didn’t come here to sit behind Ehlinger for three years. When he committed the starting spot was wide open - now he knows that Sam has QB1 locked up through 2020.