Kyle Porter grad transfers to UH; Tristian Houston grad transfers to SW OK State

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

who is tristian houston?  lol  damn sam houston state is going to be beast mode this year

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

so we are rolling into the season with 2 qbs and 2 rbs.   should workout lol.  Brown better be ready to rock and roll 

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

the 8th year freshman  i forgot about him,  he likes 27 now and should be fully developed man.  LOL 

You should say lol more often.

• Like 4

By all accounts Porter was a good team player and played hard, but going in there was a debate about whether he was just a product of the Katy system and I think those questions were answered. 

That said, I'd transfer too if I were him. I don't think he saw the field at all after Maryland. Or at least I don't remember him out there. Hell, I forgot he was on the team by the end until someone mentioned his name on here. 

Edited by crimsonlonghorn

3 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

By all accounts Porter was a good team player and played hard, but going in there was a debate about whether he was just a product of the Katy system and I think those questions were answered. 

That said, I'd transfer too if I were him. I don't think he saw the field at all after Maryland. Or at least I don't remember him out there. Hell, I forgot he was on the team by the end until someone mentioned his name on here. 

.....didn't see the field, unless you count multiple touches on the ill-fated last "drive"

The fact that Porter got little to no gametime after Maryland was very gruntling.  The fact that he even got playing time at Maryland was disgruntling.  Still don't know what the Herm was ever thinking in this department.

In any event, he seems like a hard working guy and good teammate - wish him the best.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

wasnt porter a good pass blocker out of backfield catch and run guy or no,  i cant recall, it was either that or he fell at first contact but a few times i remember him averaging over 4 yards a carry and breaking a tackle or so.  

I don't know if our offensive line has faced a more punishing running back than Kyle Porter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

wasnt porter a good pass blocker out of backfield catch and run guy or no,  i cant recall, it was either that or he fell at first contact but a few times i remember him averaging over 4 yards a carry and breaking a tackle or so.  

Solid receiver out of the backfield and good blocker.  He just didn't get the extra yard or two that helps the power running spread stay on schedule.

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Solid receiver out of the backfield and good blocker.  He just didn't get the extra yard or two that helps the power running spread stay on schedule.

He had poor sense of positioning on the field. If he rolled out to catch a pass on 3rd and 6, he would definitely get you 3 yards.

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Kyle played in 4 games early in 2018 Season then requested not to play in any more games so he could use a redshirt for 2018. Graduating in May still leaves him 2yrs of eligibility.  Smart kid, that probably ends up with free grad school due to football.

From texassports.com  (below)

Participation 2018  (# of games)

31 Overshown, DeMarvion 9
21 Porter, Kyle 4
86 Pouncey, Jordan 6
Edited by LTtxfan

21 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No 

• 2 months later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Kyle Porter grad transfers to UH; Tristian Houston grad transfers to SW OK State