Sigh, another mass shooting at SunTrust Bank in Sebring, FL

C-Man

Doesnt even seem like he planned to rob the place. Shot 5 people and then called 911 to confess.
this is crazy if it’s the truth.
if the other bank-goers were armed they couldve shot back
its true.
Often wondered why banks don't let customers come in armed.

Courthouses too.
Some do though.
Is 5 people considered a "mass" shooting in Florida?

I think anything over 4 is considered that by the fBI.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sounds to me like we need to build a wall.

Around Florida, but still.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

A moat across the northern part.    That is mined and heavily guarded.   With a single bridge allowing access for non-Floridians to visit Orlando.  Also, make Key West its own state.  

The great American hero Bugs Bunny came up with the solution decades ago.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

A moat across the northern part.    That is mined and heavily guarded.   With a single bridge allowing access for non-Floridians to visit Orlando.  Also, make Key West its own state.  

Couldn't we just move Disney somewhere else?

I read the CNN report.  Two things stood out to me.

... He's had his troubles," he (the father) said without elaborating, "but he has never hurt anyone ever before."
Zephen Xaver was employed as a correctional officer trainee at Avon Park Correctional Institution and resigned two weeks ago, according to Patrick Manderfield, a spokesperson for the Florida Department of Corrections.

I'm guessing some shit went down at the jail that broke the kid.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I can't figure surly

Like some disaster/shooting threads all T&P, and others are snarky comments; must be mental problems that come from multiple personality poster disorder

It has to be more than 10 and the perp had to use an "assault rifle" or it's not noteworthy. 

Just walked right in and bought a gun. Who needs background checks?

Law enforcement also didn't say what kind of gun Xaver had, but his ex-girlfriend, Alex Gerlach, told the Washington Post that Xaver said he’d bought a gun just last week. She wasn’t especially surprised given that he’d always liked firearms.

Gerlach told the Associated Press that Xaver “always hated people and wanted everybody to die.” She also told the Post the two met at a psychiatric hospital in 2013.

“Since the time we met, he had this fascination with death,” Gerlach told the Post. “It got worse as we broke up. We got back together on and off for a while. Then I decided it was too much for my mental health.” She also said he aspired to join the military, because he wanted to kill people.

Two Facebook accounts linked to Xaver (which have since been taken offline) were littered with dark imagery, like pictures of the Grim Reaper. His interests include “Alex Jones memes” and “Milo Yiannopoulos,” whose book he gave a five-star rating.