2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Texas in January:  it’s ok to change your mind. We all make mistakes. We still want you. They’ll be fine, this is about what’s best for you. 

Usc in January:  things will be great here, just give it a chance. Don’t you want to be a man of your word?

—————————

Usc in January:  it’s ok to change your mind. We all make mistakes. We still want you. They’ll be fine, this is about what’s best for you. 

Texas in January:  things will be great here, just give it a chance. Don’t you want to be a man of your word?

The only difference is all of spring practice with one team. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Texas in January:  it’s ok to change your mind. We all make mistakes. We still want you. They’ll be fine, this is about what’s best for you. 

Usc in January:  things will be great here, just give it a chance. Don’t you want to be a man of your word?

—————————

Usc in January:  it’s ok to change your mind. We all make mistakes. We still want you. They’ll be fine, this is about what’s best for you. 

Texas in January:  things will be great here, just give it a chance. Don’t you want to be a man of your word?

This is not apples to apples.

Kliff K lied to him and bailed out. Did anyone from Texas do that? No.

You can show yourself out. 

His dad could prefer he be at USC. His dad could care only about what Bru wants. His dad could be thinking about draft position. It’s unreasonable to say his dad isn’t providing good guidance just because Bru is leaving. No one knows.

Bru, what if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if you were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program. Would that do anything for you?

I don't know, I guess. Listen, I'm gonna go. It's been really nice talking to all of you guys.
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hell, I did my freshman year at a school in the midwest, transferred to UT to start my sophomore year, transferred BACK to the same school because what I thought wouldn't be a big deal at UT (class size) seemed to overwhelm all the excessively positive characteristics (girls, weather, drinking age), and then came BACK to UT for grad school.

I get it.

encmept9gs9z.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's the 9th-highest rated recruit we've ever landed, and practice reports have been glowing about his talent. I think a hearty "let's get you back to Texas" effort is rather warranted.

Yeah this staff is not into white flag waiving when they still have a chance at a prospect like this.

SIAP, Greg Biggins update on Bru

"Here is where things are at today. McCoy has been back home in SoCal for two weeks. Texas will come out to meet with the family on Wednesday and obviously try and get him to return to campus. At that point, the family will have a discussion about whether to go in to the portal or not. If they decide to do so, my guess is it will happen fairly quickly, by the end of the week and as soon as Thursday and like most people have speculated, I believe that is what the family is leaning on doing.

"Once everything is settled, I’ll have a detailed story on the reasons why McCoy decided to come home (if that is indeed what they decide). I can say this has been a pretty agonizing decision for Bru and the family and they know what an incredible PR hit he’s going to take and how he’s going to be perceived in the national media. They also know there’s very little chance he’ll be eligible to play this year if he does make the move back home but it’s something they’re willing to bite the bullet on."

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

If this is just homesickness, I really have to question Bru's father as a man if he isn't strongly encouraging his son to stay at Texas. Bru won't be able to live his whole life surrounded by friends and family in Southern California. Bru was justified in leaving USC after the okie-doke from Kliff, but there is no justification for leaving Texas. The lad needs a strong father figure guiding him here, and talking to him about honoring commitments. It doesn't look like he has one. 

If we see Bru wearing Big Baller gear, we'll know it's over.

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

They also know there’s very little chance he’ll be eligible to play this year if he does make the move back home but it’s something they’re willing to bite the bullet on."

I'd say his chances are now shot either way.

• Like 1

Option A - Lose one year of eligibility - return home to USC.

Option B - Eat it for a year and stay at Texas.  If you play less than four games then you preserve your eligibility when you enter the Portal next year.  If you play in more than four than you are in the same boat as Option A.  

I guess you can make the argument that his spot at USC is up in the air if he takes Option B?  

1 minute ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

This is like trying to convince a girl that dumped you to take you back. It’s over. Move on.

Except the ex is taking him back and he likes that old pussy over the new pussy

12 minutes ago, deech said:

Option A - Lose one year of eligibility - return home to USC.

Option B - Eat it for a year and stay at Texas.  If you play less than four games then you preserve your eligibility when you enter the Portal next year.  If you play in more than four than you are in the same boat as Option A.  

I guess you can make the argument that his spot at USC is up in the air if he takes Option B?  

There is no point in sticking around if he wants to go to USC.  He's probably losing a year regardless so he should be working under their offense not ours.