Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

17 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Buy plastic salad dressing bottle from Amazon with lid.

Mayo first, packet, add milk. Shake and refrigerate. No mess. 

Signoraware Shaker Bottles | 17-Ounce Plastic Protein Shake Bottle for Meal Replacement Shakes & Smoothies, Beverages, Mixing Salad Dressing & Sauces, Margarita, & More | 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9QB588/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_7A1DMJ9Y0NQT5F7E8DSG

A mason jar with a lid works just as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:47 AM, Trey3216 said:

Slam & Go.   Highly recommend 

C611AC8D-1DF6-4B1B-A4CA-4E6215170D4E.jpeg

Just bought some of these because of this rec.

Phenomenal.  Just enough heat.  Crispy. Fantastic.

I just ordered the plain ones too.  

HEB give us a bread and butter pickles you cowards.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 4:24 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Make true homemade ranch:

Mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, chives, flat parsley, dill, worchestershire, vinegar or lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, cayenne. Kosher salt, black pepper. It’s great.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm very much a sweet pickle guy, hate on. Sweet heat is my favorite,  here in El Paso the Mexican grocery sells "cucumber salad", which is basically sweet pickle slices. Damn good. I'll be moving back into HEB land soon and will demand they carry all brands of sweet pickles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

I'm very much a sweet pickle guy, hate on. Sweet heat is my favorite,  here in El Paso the Mexican grocery sells "cucumber salad", which is basically sweet pickle slices. Damn good. I'll be moving back into HEB land soon and will demand they carry all brands of sweet pickles. 

image.gif.4d2a3ff7d1d63166603d95e3344c78eb.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, Dewey said:

game-of-thrones-beyond-the-wall.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, CooterBrown said:

I buy the big canister of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. Fuck those individual packets.

I make just enough for what I need at the moment. Just eyeball it. It’s not rocket science.

b9870201f215d112044a342a5cc9560e.jpg

You need to upgrade.  https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Valley-Ranch-Seasoning-Dressing/dp/B086WQJB4D/ref=asc_df_B086WQJB4D/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459704123703&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2558285163268876949&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028274&hvtargid=pla-926653617723&psc=1

On 3/20/2022 at 1:14 AM, tx 3 putt said:

very meh, crispy for sure but no heat. and the container sucks

ill stick with best maid or mt olive 

Yea I tried some of the heb true Texas pickles, just the little bag.  I’m glad that’s all I bought, they are like half pickled with zero flavor at all.  Terrible pickles. 

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea I tried some of the heb true Texas pickles, just the little bag.  I’m glad that’s all I bought, they are like half pickled with zero flavor at all.  Terrible pickles. 

they grew on me, i finished them all but the container is horrible 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:21 PM, Tailgate said:

HEB 16” All Meat Pizza

0a25654ad13427e77fbaa4619f3c9d52.jpg

I love and celebrate HEB's take and bake pizzas but god damn, at my HEB, there's about a 25% chance I see them when I shop.  Either they're all gone by the time I go to the store (every single variety) or they don't put any out until mid-morning and the early shoppers can get fucked? 

I can maybe grab one once out of every 3 or 4 weekly trip to HEB? 

I wouldn't recommend HEB's crawfish unless you live in Midland and have no other options. I looked at how they stored them, and went ahead and bought 5 pounds. Unwise. They tasted fine, even shaded towards pretty spicy, but many were dead when they went in the boil or were too small. I'd say maybe 3.5 pounds of it was edible. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 3/28/2022 at 3:24 PM, Js1 said:

I love and celebrate HEB's take and bake pizzas but god damn, at my HEB, there's about a 25% chance I see them when I shop.  Either they're all gone by the time I go to the store (every single variety) or they don't put any out until mid-morning and the early shoppers can get fucked? 

I can maybe grab one once out of every 3 or 4 weekly trip to HEB? 

These do rock.  Much preferable to the major delivery chains, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

These do rock.  Much preferable to the major delivery chains, IMO.

Agreed. I have a large toaster oven air fryer combo that really cooks these nicely in about 8-10 min. Just would like to pick up one a week and not every 3-4

• Hook 'Em 1