Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 6/25/2022 at 6:21 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Hell, I’ve gone farther than just keeping notes. I’ve made phone calls. My favorite French onion dip is Yoder’s brand. They make the best sour cream too. Since the pandemic, Giant Eagle has stopped carrying it. (They still carry their horseradish, though, which is also my horseradish of choice but that’s just weird). Anyway, I looked up Yoder’s online and couldn’t find who makes it but I found that they were distributed by some company in Michigan. I made some calls to Giant Eagle customer service and was told that all the Yoder’s French onion dip is currently being sent to Pennsylvania. Wtf?

Thanks, Karen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What the hell is going on in here?

Well, the French onion dip is stuck on the Pennsylvania turnpike and a bunch of Midwest fatties are starving to death because they don't know there's other food beside dip. 

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I think they were $5.25 for the pair.   Green Beans & Mac/Chz, and salad with home grown tomatoes/pickled banana peppers made for a nice meal. 

Let me know you're address and next time you're cooking. 

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

How's the (kinda) available 1877 mineral water compare to (unavailable) topo chico?

It's not too bad as I've had to get in place of Topo a few times later.   I do miss the Lime flavored Topo.   Haven't see that in glass bottles for a while at my HEB.   Doesn't taste the same in plastic.

We vacationed at garner last month, and I picked up a novel to read, The Which Way Tree, by Austin’s own Elizabeth Crook. She dedicates the book to her grandparents (I presume they are the original Butts). Turns out the plot takes place pretty near Garner. Then on our way to get supplies we saw the HEButt Foundation Camp north of Uvalde. I’m guessing she spent some time in those hills that served as inspiration. Had no idea when I brought it to read there! Looking forward to the film.

/csb

• Like 1

Tried these today:

90bocjwroe691.jpg?auto=webp&s=d626829c51

Tasted like...potato chips.

Did have 2 people ask where the vanilla milkshake chips were while I was pondering these.

Also, what happened to the key lime pies?  (The actual key lime pies, not key lime potato chips or Swoon.)  Couldn't find it in 3 different HEB's the last couple of weeks.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

The HEB closest to my house (hancock) has been out of  the Carolina Reaper cheese puffs for a couple of weeks now, so I opted for the cheese crunchy option (think cheetos) for a fix. Not terrible, but nowhere near the perfection that the puffs are. I give the puffs a 10 out of 10, these get like a 7. 
image.png.0b19fd47b68e7fc196e5f9cb12868c82.png
Just tried the Carolina reaper puffs. Not sure if they're always available and I've just missed them or they're special edition. Holy fuck balls they are perfect

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, clapclapclap said:

Tried these today:

Did have 2 people ask where the vanilla milkshake chips were while I was pondering these.

Also, what happened to the key lime pies?  (The actual key lime pies, not key lime potato chips or Swoon.)  Couldn't find it in 3 different HEB's the last couple of weeks.

i got those (hiding in the bag behind the corn in a cup fritos knock offs) and wasn't impressed.  weird vaguely mustard taste to them.  corn in a cup is much better. 

On 7/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, clapclapclap said:

Tried these today:

Haven’t seen a single key lime pie this summer at bunker hill or heights HEB in Houston. If they aren’t at those two, I doubt they’re anywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:44 PM, ZanTheFan said:

Just tried the Carolina reaper puffs. Not sure if they're always available and I've just missed them or they're special edition. Holy fuck balls they are perfect

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Need to try these. 

The ghost pepper chips are dog.

• 2 weeks later...