$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Imagine being able to schedule guests like Paul Finebaum and Luginbill and then turn around and be forced to talk to Ian fucking Boyd. 

You might be right but to play devils advocate, Bobby and Gerry have done probably countless radio spots with imbeciles like Chad Hastings.  I don’t think they are too proud to talk to Ian Boyd.  

In my fantasy world this was driven by Nahlin insisting that Gerry and Bobby join his Amway team and they’ve been gently rebuffing his overtures for years and finally got too sick of it.  

• Haha 1

Gerry started a new thread stating...

1) He has always been an employee of On3

2) He will still be provided content, but will move to a more national role.

3) Inside Texas will likely have zero coverage on basketball moving forward.

Anyway, you spin this, Nahlin is going to lose a shit ton of subs.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Yeah Bobby has already removed all IT references from the YouTube channel. 

Since Gerry is staying at On3 in a different role I’m interested to see what Bobby does. He is definitely invested in that YouTube channel but he will obviously need people around him to help maximize it, especially on the recruiting side. He has connections all over the place but he isn’t going to schools anymore to watch guys or what not. He even mentioned himself the other day that he hadn’t spoken to a recruit on the phone or in-person in like 10 years.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This wasn’t about Gerry or Bobby. 

The bottom line is that Eric Nahlin is an insecure piece of shit who was jealous of other guys driving the value on the site. 

My input has always been to avoid partnering with pieces of human shit. That was ignored. The results are coming to fruition. 

Sad day. 

If anyone at IT thinks this is in any way a good thing they are terrible at business.

This happening during what should be the biggest month traffic and new sub wise for that site and all other Texas 995 sites over the last decade+ shows how shitty they (IT and EN specifically) are from a business stance.

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

If anyone at IT thinks this is in any way a good thing they are terrible at business.

This happening during what should be the biggest month traffic and new sub wise for that site and all other Texas 995 sites over the last decade+ shows how shitty they (IT and EN specifically) are from a business stance.

Great point, Texas is in the college playoffs, Volleyball is in the Elite 8, Basketball is a top 20 team, ENSD is 12 days away and the Gerry and Bobby both say fuck it on a quiet Saturday. I will be cancelling on Monday and I am sure I am not alone in that thought. More like redistributing that money towards Texas1.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

If you have eyes and can read or ears and can hear and don't understand the very rational hate for Ian Boyd you really may actually be Ketch.

Hating someone for giving dumb opinions on football is pretty...dumb.  As a foil for Rod he's not a bad listen while going to Costco or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

SMH. I don't understand the irrational hate for Ian Boyd on this forum.

How in the fuck do you remain so tone deaf that you continue to post here?   Take your fat ass to Golden Corral and enjoy yourself fat ass. 

Edited by Tree Fidy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, I see Bobby getting Gerry to fill the recruiting void. What you will not likely see is Nahlin, Wells, and Boyd appearing on OTF again soon, if ever.

It seems like Bobby is just going to operate On Texas Football as its own separate thing unaffiliated with On3 or IT, so it will be interesting to see if Gerry (who is still an on3 employee) still contributes regularly.

Ownership situation is interesting because I believe Bobby was a part of the group with Nahlin who purchased IT from the previous owner(s).

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah Bobby has already removed all IT references from the YouTube channel. 

Since Gerry is staying at On3 in a different role I’m interested to see what Bobby does. He is definitely invested in that YouTube channel but he will obviously need people around him to help maximize it, especially on the recruiting side. He has connections all over the place but he isn’t going to schools anymore to watch guys or what not. He even mentioned himself the other day that he hadn’t spoken to a recruit on the phone or in-person in like 10 years.

Of the social media platforms, YT is the most lucrative. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This wasn’t about Gerry or Bobby. 

The bottom line is that Eric Nahlin is an insecure piece of shit who was jealous of other guys driving the value on the site. 

My input has always been to avoid partnering with pieces of human shit. That was ignored. The results are coming to fruition. 

Sad day. 

Yeah hard to see this as anything other than a refutation of Nahlin. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Of the social media platforms, YT is the most lucrative. 

I don’t doubt it considering how many Texas media personalities seem to be trying to dip their toe in the YT market right now. I’d have to think though you have to be really, really, really popular to be able to make a living off YT content only, right? For example, it looks like the livestream yesterday had 12K viewers which is pretty good but it’s not outrageous numbers for YT.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t doubt it considering how many Texas media personalities seem to be trying to dip their toe in the YT market right now. I’d have to think though you have to be really, really, really popular to be able to make a living off YT content only, right? For example, it looks like the livestream yesterday had 12K viewers which is pretty good but it’s not outrageous numbers for YT.

If I were guessing they're approaching enough revenue with donations and super chats to be able to support itself. 

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It depends. My youngest daughter has had a YT Channel for teens for about 3 years now and by the time she's graduating HS in about 2 1/2 years she'll have enough in investment accounts I've set up for her with the earnings to pay for college and then some. She just recently hit 400k subs. 

YouTube just recent underwent a change where they no longer allow the content creators to place their own ad breaks which really sucks. Now YT places the ads as they see fit which we're seeing is mostly a ton of add breaks in the first 1/3 of the videos. I have premium so I don't see ads on the On Texas videos but has anyone noticed a change in the ad frequency recently?

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

SMH. I don't understand the irrational hate for Ian Boyd on this forum.

It's not irrational. It's well justified based on how Ian acts. 

He thinks he's smarter than everyone when reality is he has a long history of dumb fucking takes. He was insufferable when anyone questioned Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, NoName said:

If you have eyes and can read or ears and can hear and don't understand the very rational hate for Ian Boyd you really may actually be Ketch.

The biggest thing is that Ian is an absolute moron when it comes to anything related to coaching hires even though he acts like he knows what he's talking about. 

That dude had the biggest hard-on for Herman and said Herman would win a couple titles at Texas. Then when that didn't work, he wanted Texas to hire Matt Fucking Campbell. Now he's in love with this Elko/Klein pairing which looks like it will be a total failure. 

I don't take anything Ian says about coaches seriously. He's so shitty at evaluating coaches but he sure acts like he's an expert. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Didn't Bobby create/sell basically every major recruiting service? Anything he makes from YT is vacation money.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The biggest thing is that Ian is an absolute moron when it comes to anything related to coaching hires even though he acts like he knows what he's talking about. 

That dude had the biggest hard-on for Herman and said Herman would win a couple titles at Texas. Then when that didn't work, he wanted Texas to hire Matt Fucking Campbell. Now he's in love with this Elko/Klein pairing which looks like it will be a total failure. 

I don't take anything Ian says about coaches seriously. He's so shitty at evaluating coaches but he sure acts like he's an expert. 

I think he's good at scheme stuff but every time he branches out beyond that it's not great. Cosching evals, He started writing some about recruiting at some point, player evals (RoJo to LB is an all time bad take, etc he goes off the rails.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

I think he's good at scheme stuff but every time he branches out beyond that it's not great. Cosching evals, He started writing some about recruiting at some point, player evals (RoJo to LB is an all time bad take, etc he goes off the rails.

Not good at scheme stuff either. 

Gerry/Bobby leaving is perfect timing for me as my subscription was due to renew at year end.

Other than those two (maybe Scipio Tex) there is little readable content.   Wells is a hack at best, his articles all say the same bullshit and I really object to his front running ways with respect to alternating between Astros or Rangers hats.  One or the other.  I spend most of my time here so fuck those guys.

Hope the You Tube channel continues as that is how I start my mornings these days/

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Gerry/Bobby leaving is perfect timing for me as my subscription was due to renew at year end.

Other than those two (maybe Scipio Tex) there is little readable content.   Wells is a hack at best, his articles all say the same bullshit and I really object to his front running ways with respect to alternating between Astros or Rangers hats.  One or the other.  I spend most of my time here so fuck those guys.

Hope the You Tube channel continues as that is how I start my mornings these days/

You think Bobby moves to a membership model on YouTube like some of the big podcasters have done? Access to special episodes, less commercials early release on specific content etc.?

The way for him to go is to continue building his brand on YT. They are leaving so much meat on the bone right now. Their content is too long for me to bother with, but they could use content based short-form, shorts, and other forms of social media to promote their channel. All that long form is content that can be clipped and reused throughout the internet to get more attention. 

Hopefully those subs convert into more views (AdSense), likes, superchats, and more favorable treatment in the algorithm.

• Hook 'Em 1