$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Nahlin is an insufferable cunt who treats his own customers like shit.

Not to defend Nahlin, but that appears to be the business model.  The same has been said about OB, 247, hell we have two whole threads mostly about Liucci lying to patrons.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Not to defend Nahlin, but that appears to be the business model.  The same has been said about OB, 247, hell we have two whole threads mostly about Liucci lying to patrons.  

True. But is it wrong of us to expect who is supposed to be one of the top guys in our market, not to act like a petulant child when caught out with a wrong take. 

We arent aggy. And having Nahlin act that way isnt a good look all around. 

27 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sometimes you can hear Paul's irritation with Ian clearly. I'm not sure why he keeps having him on his podcast. 

They've been friends since the Barking Carnival days. Not sure what happened to McClyde (who posts on IT) or Nickel Rover (Jason something, forgot his name). Bitterwhiteguy and Drew Dunlevie (Sailor Ripley) were the other ones I think. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Waddlington is fine most of the time but no one likes him as much as he likes himself.  

“If you just take away the 2-3 base competencies of this opponent, they can be completely neutralized. Just look at what (most recent team that beat them) did. We will find out if we can gameplan this week” -Repeated on loop all season

I do appreciate the humor he includes in all his stuff and his postmortems usually accurately represent the mood of the fanbase at that time.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Justin Wells is just so repetitive and boring. Every article is cut and paste. When Gerry and Wells do their segment you can tell Gerry would get frustrated with Wells taking over him. I like Wadlington when he’s with Bobby. In his podcast with Ian it gets bogged down sometimes. Ian needs to stay in his closet and just write X’s and O’s articles. Keep him off the camera. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

“If you just take away the 2-3 base competencies of this opponent, they can be completely neutralized. Just look at what (most recent team that beat them) did. We will find out if we can gameplan this week” -Repeated on loop all season

I do appreciate the humor he includes in all this stuff.

I enjoy how highly he and Ian think of themselves from a schematic or strategic standpoint.

I dunno if any of their paid content has any real traction behind it, but I can't blame them for trying to make money off a passion of theirs.

Gerry and Bobby were pumping out 75% of the content on that site. Eric was maybe contributing 3-4 articles a week but they mostly seemed like opinion pieces more than sourced stuff. Wells seems like a nice guy but it feels like he rarely posts.

I don’t go to the site so I couldn’t see who was writing what, but Eric’s presence was minimal on YouTube. I guess I don’t have all the behind the scenes info necessary to make all of this make sense.

Hating someone for giving dumb opinions on football is pretty...dumb.  As a foil for Rod he's not a bad listen while going to Costco or something. 

There’s a vocal minority groupthink about certain topics here and apparently this is one of them. I think Ian’s showmanship is his weak spot which pisses people off because he speaks slowly and without flash which is dead opposite from Rob B.. From what I gather, people are pissed that Ian thinks running the qb out of the spread is like a very effective cheap trick and is worth the gamble of hurting your qb. And that he had convinced himself that Herman’s use of this would lead to more wins than we had with strong and was excited about that, and to be fair, it was cool as fuck when we beat Georgia in the sugar bowl.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

There’s a vocal minority groupthink about certain topics here and apparently this is one of them. I think Ian’s showmanship is his weak spot which pisses people off because he speaks slowly and without flash which is dead opposite from Rob B.. From what I gather, people are pissed that Ian thinks running the qb out of the spread is like a very effective cheap trick and is worth the gamble of hurting your qb. And that he had convinced himself that Herman’s use of this would lead to more wins than we had with strong and was excited about that, and to be fair, it was cool as fuck when we beat Georgia in the sugar bowl.

People disliking Ian isn't a "minority." Not even close. 

I remember in Sarks first year Paul had a weird obsession with the S&C program and he hasn’t mentioned it much since. He still is a better read post game than Boyd by a wide margin tho. I bet the subs that do stay on IT are doing so because of his insight/interaction. 

Just now, Levi said:

I remember in Sarks first year Paul had a weird obsession with the S&C program and he hasn’t mentioned it much since. He still is a better read post game than Boyd by a wide margin tho. I bet the subs that do stay on IT are doing so because of his insight/interaction. 

Also, there's a stupid cult there that seems to pay for the right to berate new posters for starting threads whose titles are a person's name.  "You killed [person]."    Those losers will never leave.   Eric will be able to send his kids to several movies off those guys.  

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

I don't think Ian's post-game thoughts are terrible. Normally has decent insight. Like somebody already said, Ian would be much better if he just stuck to "scheme" talk and avoided everything else. 

Herman is going to win multiple titles at Texas, Texas should hire Matt Campbell, Roschon Johnson should move to LB, DJ Campbell should move to DT, and Jordan Whittington should move to safety.

He has some truly moronic takes outside of "scheme" stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I can’t remember the name of the dude that was on the “On Texas Football” pod when Bobby or Gerry didn’t host. (He was an ex-sportswriter/broadcaster) but he was an absolute beating. Just sucked and seemingly knew zero about the Longhorns. 

Ray Peters. I would never watch the Wednesday night show with him, Wells and Babers.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

No one “hates” Ian Boyd. Get the fuck out of here with the illogical sympathy for the dipshit though. 

He’s disliked because he’s utterly insipid. He is unreadable. It’s like he’s paid by the character. On top of the tedious banality that he spawns mercilessly and repeatedly from his keyboard, it’s clear he doesn’t know what in the fuck he’s talking about on most subject matter. 

In short, the guy is worthless bandwidth drain and it fucking sucks when some dunce posts his useless shit over here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Shannon Terry started a thread and said this 

Spoiler

Insider Texas Members,

I've been getting a few calls and checking out messages, and I want to take a few minutes and help clarify the news on Gerry and Bobby.

I have a solid relationship with all the parties involved, and this community is becoming one of our industry's largest fan sites.

From inception, Gerry Hamilton and Bobby Burton have been employees of On3. Gerry remains under contract with On3.

I have worked with Gerry for years. He is loved and respected as a person and for his contributions to Inside Texas, On3, and our industry.

When we created On3, we took our previous experience from Rivals and 247, and we launched a dual team model where we have both Fan Sites (ex Inside Texas) and Team-specific Channels (Texas On3). We have team channels for all P5 schools and have been building a network of college fan sites with around 30 markets. 

The attribution is clear and divided. All content on the fansite is from the fan site partnerships and staff, and all content on the On3 Team Channels is from the On3 National Editorial Staff – a team that now exceeds 50+ content creators.

This model allows us to preserve the uniqueness and authenticity of the fan sites, but provide a wealth of team-specific content and productions from our On3 team. Essentially, the best of both worlds for the fans. This is one of the many ways we are different from 247.

Furthermore, it is expected and customary that our On3 National team posts and engages in the fan site message board communities.

While Gerry and Bobby could not work out a future specifically with Inside Texas, I want you to know that Gerry is staying. Gerry will continue to work as he always has – under contract for On3 – and will post content and analysis now on the Texas On3 Channel, no different than the other 50+ On3 creators. That content is included in your IT membership, and IT owners share in the revenue. Gerry will also be active in the message boards.

Simply put, Gerry isn't going anywhere. Gerry is hugely valuable to On3 and this Texas Fan Site Community.

Regarding Bobby, we wish him the best of luck in his video production venture. This opportunity for Bobby will no longer be part of Inside Texas or On3.

I've been doing this business for almost 30 years and the only constant is change. However, I can promise we will continue to march forward and provide a great product for all college football fans.

Hope this note helps.

Shannon Terry
Founder and CEO On3

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Insider Texas Members,

I've been getting a few calls and checking out messages, and I want to take a few minutes and help clarify the news on Gerry and Bobby.

I have a solid relationship with all the parties involved, and this community is becoming one of our industry's largest fan sites.

From inception, Gerry Hamilton and Bobby Burton have been employees of On3. Gerry remains under contract with On3.

I have worked with Gerry for years. He is loved and respected as a person and for his contributions to Inside Texas, On3, and our industry.

When we created On3, we took our previous experience from Rivals and 247, and we launched a dual team model where we have both Fan Sites (ex Inside Texas) and Team-specific Channels (Texas On3). We have team channels for all P5 schools and have been building a network of college fan sites with around 30 markets. 

The attribution is clear and divided. All content on the fansite is from the fan site partnerships and staff, and all content on the On3 Team Channels is from the On3 National Editorial Staff – a team that now exceeds 50+ content creators.

This model allows us to preserve the uniqueness and authenticity of the fan sites, but provide a wealth of team-specific content and productions from our On3 team. Essentially, the best of both worlds for the fans. This is one of the many ways we are different from 247.

Furthermore, it is expected and customary that our On3 National team posts and engages in the fan site message board communities.

While Gerry and Bobby could not work out a future specifically with Inside Texas, I want you to know that Gerry is staying. Gerry will continue to work as he always has – under contract for On3 – and will post content and analysis now on the Texas On3 Channel, no different than the other 50+ On3 creators. That content is included in your IT membership, and IT owners share in the revenue. Gerry will also be active in the message boards.

Simply put, Gerry isn't going anywhere. Gerry is hugely valuable to On3 and this Texas Fan Site Community.

Regarding Bobby, we wish him the best of luck in his video production venture. This opportunity for Bobby will no longer be part of Inside Texas or On3.

I've been doing this business for almost 30 years and the only constant is change. However, I can promise we will continue to march forward and provide a great product for all college football fans.

Hope this note helps.

Shannon Terry
Founder and CEO On3

Bobby's only doing video? This society grows more illiterate by the day.

• Rage+1 1

Ian is a pretty terrible radio personality and not special as a writer, but his football takes can be interesting. It's pretty clear the hasn't played a down competitively and that has pros and cons. The good news is that he isn't shackled by conventional wisdom the way that your typical meathead football commentator is. The bad news is that when he misses he can miss big and say embarrassing things.

His analysis of Herman's QB run game is an example of what I like about him. Everyone knows that running the QB "provides an extra blocker in the box", but Ian's theory that the ability to dial the QB running up and down was the primary source of Herman's ability to overachieve in big games was an interesting observation that I hadn't seen other commentator's make. I remember a stay that Bill Connelly had about how Herman's teams were ridiculously "lucky" year-in and year-out and I think it make sense that there might be something systematic about that.

Another example is the 3-3-5 defense. We all know that this has taken over the big 12, but I really haven't seen anyone else anywhere in the country discuss the mechanics of this defense and why it works to the extent that Ian has.

Now, when he is writing about scouting HS prospects that's obviously way out of his zone and I'm gonna skip over that. And at his root he is a message board poster who is prone to extreme homerism clouding his vision. IT also seems to have a bigger quota for him than he has bandwidth to generate. Still, sometimes he can write interesting stuff.

16 minutes ago, Yesh said:

The question is does Gerry's contract with On3 prevent him from doing content with Bobby.

That is a good question, but Terry just threw gasoline all over IT, basically confirming what @closetojumping said yesterday. Nahlin couldn't handle sharing the success so Bobby and Gerry told him to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

He said at the very end of this video w/Rod that he, Rod, and E Hogan would be on doing it later tonight.

Too bad Gerry is under contract with On3.  That probably means we won't see him on these videos anymore, which erases like half their value imo.  Their numbers will drop over time unless Bobby can find somebody who is as plugged in with coaches and works as hard.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nahlin is a toxic shitheel. He’s threatened by anyone viewed as more of an expert or authority in the football and recruiting space. He’s a luddite in terms of how to drive content and grow a base. He’s unethical and I’ve walked folks through that here. 

That's a long long long list of folks.

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Insider Texas Members,

Hope this note helps.

Shannon Terry
Founder and CEO On3

I listen to it as a podcast and listened to most of them. InsideTexas has tried numerous podcasts over the years and this was by far the longest running, even if it wasn't its primary venue. I'll continue to listen if it's Bobby and people who have good sourcing (like Gerry), but if it's just Bobby vamping or whatever, no thanks. Too bad, was easily my top listened thing on Spotify last year. 

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby just posted a video with Rod. Will be interesting to see if they do the usual Sunday night livestream tonight.

Here's today's video...   Bobby & Rod

Looks like the livestream is on for 7:10p CT tonight too...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

7:10cst tonight? Are they live-streaming a cowboys watch party?

I think the idea that Eric was pushing to make Bobby’s on Texas football brand an IT product, or take a bigger share of the $, and Bobby said fuck that.

If that’s what happened, then it answers the question of why that Terry guy brought up the internal divisions between product lines and why he pointed out that Gerry was a Corp man not IT property.

10 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Gerry’s recruiting posts are not even pinned anymore.

Talk about petty bullshit.  CTJ called it!

Yeah, I bet that Gerry doesn't post a single more thing to the IT board. It will be on the Texas team channel, which is an aggregation site where all the content written about Texas is published from the On3 corporate content creators. I imagine eventually IT will go independent again, because I don't see it working between Nahlin and corporate On3 much longer.

Gerry posted an article to the Texas team channel an hour ago stating that Gibson has shut down his recruitment. No Florida in-home.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

They are going to sorely miss the recruiting aspect Gerry brought to those. 

Hogan also isn’t the easiest guy to listen to.

For the YouTube videos all they really need is someone with an ON3 and 247 subs to read the stuff the Gerry and whomever posts about recruiting then bring it to video in their own words. I like the YouTube channel because I can just listen to it while I'm driving. I'm never going to subscribe to a place just for that stuff. I'd think that describes the vast majority of sports fans. 

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

For the YouTube videos all they really need is someone with an ON3 and 247 subs to read the stuff the Gerry and whomever posts about recruiting then bring it to video in their own words. I like the YouTube channel because I can just listen to it while I'm driving. I'm never going to subscribe to a place just for that stuff. I'd think that describes the vast majority of sports fans. 

That is what Bobby did tonight. Bobby also commented on the breakup and he's pissed. He also worded the answer in such a way that Gerry will not be on the Live Streams anymore.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That is what Bobby did tonight. Bobby also commented on the breakup and he's pissed. He also worded the answer in such a way that Gerry will not be on the Live Streams anymore.

Yeah, an OTF chat post said:

"Are you serious?  Gerry isn't a part of OTF anymore?"

Bobby's answer was:

He (Bobby) wishes he could say whatever he wants to say right now and explain everything the way he wants to explain it, but it's best that he just doesn't answer these questions.  Please respect him and others about this.  It's a difficult personal situation that needs to remain private.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry and Bobby have been buds forever, right? I wonder if this is more contractual. Bobby blew up with ON3 and as such Gerry can't work his channel anymore.

Looking forward to listening to tonight's live stream tomorrow. Honestly, if Bobby just gets a couple of recruiting dudes who can give the info and mix in knowledgeable former players or coaches to give analysis I'll listen. Would love to see how a Babers and Kelson Football Theory sounds. Bobby has all off-season to work some magic with his connections.