What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Question for the ladies or wives out there. Wife is looking for new shoes for GameDay. White with orange trim. Any recs? 

I just grabbed a pair of these. spacer.png

I bet the other mall walkers are envious. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Question for the ladies or wives out there. Wife is looking for new shoes for GameDay. White with orange trim. Any recs? 

I just grabbed a pair of these. spacer.png

give her those shoes and you can find another pair.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, speed817 said:

6 hours ago, NoName said:

tweet at the UTexasSneakers guy on twitter, i've seen him talk about the orange color with other shoes before and the guy owns a shitload of Texas sneakers.

While the “Bronze” is fairly close to a burnt orange; it will definitely be a bit more brown.

Nike uses ”Desert Orange” as their true Burnt Orange on a grey majority of UT fanwear. This includes the last three Pegasus’ 37, 38 & 39 and this year’s 40.

IMG_3001.jpeg

IMG_2999.jpeg

IMG_2998.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

As a sneakerhead, I've been contemplating these. The orange looks close, imo, and definitely darker than the ones above. https://sneakerpolitics.com/collections/latest-sneakers/products/womens-nike-air-max-1-lx-sail-rugged-orange?variant=42838575251644

image.png.7ffdf420954c0b0b62ef59e5ae2782e3.png

I hear you on this, but the OG in me (I’m old), can’t get with the new font on the heel/tongue label.
Gimme that “NIKE-Swoosh-AIR” logo all day long. 
I truly question the Brand’s decision to let the designer change the logo on the AM1…but I guess it’s been done a million times on the AF1, so…screw me.

Nor am I a fan of the yellow hits on the eyelets/outsole. Reminds me of the “penalties” the League and its Ref’s are planning for the Horns this season (🖕🏻Big12) SO TEXAS WILL JUST NEED TO FIGHT THROUGH IT!🤘🏻

Anyway, I can’t remember if I saw these at SP’s Deep Ellum store a few weeks ago- I’m sure they were there but I was intently searching for a pair of Mac Attacks in my size…so I probably overlooked it…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

I hear you on this, but the OG in me (I’m old), can’t get with the new font on the heel/tongue label.
Gimme that “NIKE-Swoosh-AIR” logo all day long. 
I truly question the Brand’s decision to let the designer change the logo on the AM1…but I guess it’s been done a million times on the AF1, so…screw me.

Nor am I a fan of the yellow hits on the eyelets/outsole. Reminds me of the “penalties” the League and its Ref’s are planning for the Horns this season (🖕🏻Big12) SO TEXAS WILL JUST NEED TO FIGHT THROUGH IT!🤘🏻

Anyway, I can’t remember if I saw these at SP’s Deep Ellum store a few weeks ago- I’m sure they were there but I was intently searching for a pair of Mac Attacks in my size…so I probably overlooked it…

Agreed completely, but to be fair, most AM1s have that classic logo on the back. This pair just happens to not have that on the back heel tab. and to me, that yellow/tennessee orange is subtle enough to just be ignored. As an AM1 fan, these are one of veryyy few pairs of them that are close in color.

Also, they released I believe early last week, so you may have just been there before they were out.

Edited by Mason Ramsey
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think I’ve said it before here, but as a youngster in the ‘70s, we went by Rooster’s prior to a UT game, maybe 78-79, so I wanted an Earl Campbell UT jersey with #34 (Oilers number). Dad said he wore 20 at UT, but I insisted. Rooster told my Dad, if he wanted 34, I’ll have it made. About 10-15 minutes later, I walked out smiling with my very own #34 Earl Campbell jersey in Burnt Orange - with Campbell on the back.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1