What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

Tbh it looks like they tried to split the difference between Texas orange and Tennessee orange so they could use the same hoodie and print different words on both. I’m traveling this week but will grab a pic when I get home. It’s a shame because I love everything else about it.

I’ve got a tshirt from them, and this is a good description. It’s not burnt orange.

16 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

Are they as comfortable as they look? Link?

Allbirds are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, so yes.  I have six pairs.

Diablo is the color, but it is not a current color, so you have to go to their returns site (ReRun) and shop for them there.  Make sure to choose "excellent" condition.     https://www.rerun.allbirds.com/shop/search?q=diablo

They are constantly rotating colors that are available, so a new run of diablo will come back someday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Allbirds are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, so yes.  I have six pairs.
Diablo is the color, but it is not a current color, so you have to go to their returns site (ReRun) and shop for them there.  Make sure to choose "excellent" condition.     https://www.rerun.allbirds.com/shop/search?q=diablo
They are constantly rotating colors that are available, so a new run of diablo will come back someday.

Yup, 4 pairs of all birds here .

32 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I've been interested in that one.  How light weight is it?  Like Dri-fit?

Can you wear it when it's a 100 outside?

it’s a pretty solid weight but breathable. Similar to a Columbia PFG fishing shirt but slightly heavier and better quality. You can wear it when it’s 100. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Yes.  It's the best shirt I own.  I own several different colors of it.  Best part is at the end of the day, I just rip it off like an NBA warm up suit.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I bought this earlier this season. One of my favorite shirts I’ve ever bought. 

IMG_3737.thumb.jpeg.14bc46076f1f3cd09351af463b0a33db.jpeg

https://www.ponchooutdoors.com/products/burnt-orange-short

13 hours ago, Post Oak said:

12 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

it’s a pretty solid weight but breathable. Similar to a Columbia PFG fishing shirt but slightly heavier and better quality. You can wear it when it’s 100. 

12 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Yes.  It's the best shirt I own.  I own several different colors of it.  Best part is at the end of the day, I just rip it off like an NBA warm up suit.

Poncho is the absolute best. Can't rec their stuff enough...but get It in short sleeve. 

Seriously they are fantastic. Great shirts 

18 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

My only complaint about the Poncho shirt was the fit. It’s shaped liked a garbage bag.  I would have preferred a slightly tapered fit.  But great fabric and a nice design otherwise. 

So, it fits well for the middle aged adult with a beer belly?  Sweet!

On 12/12/2023 at 7:38 AM, Post Oak said:

Is it OkState orange?

I put it next to a workout shirt I'd call more burnt orange.  The hoodie isn't offensively bad; but it's like that old UT shirt that you have held onto for 10 years and gotten washed out like it was left in the sun too long.  That said, it's incredibly comfortable, so...

IMG_1566.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, deft said:

Regular or slim fit?

Mine is a slim fit but I find it fits more like a regular fit. That’s not a problem I have with most slim fit shirts. I seem to be the outlier on the poncho shirt though, everybody else loves everything about it.  I do think it’s a great shirt, just looks a little baggy on me compared to other slim fit shirts of the same size.  

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Are the poncho shirts available at any stores in Austin? I hate ordering clothes online before trying them on.

They are not to my knowledge, but they make returns simple.  I didn’t know which size would fit me so ordered 2, and returned the one that didn’t fit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, Post Oak said:

I wore my Poncho Burnt Orange short-sleeve ("The 1969") shirt all over Japan during their normally-really-humid-with-no-wind (80-95F days with 80%+ humidity, and no wind during daytime) summer this year, including on Okinawa where it was 90%+ humidity day and night, and it was nails. I grew up in the Houston area, so though it never did the 100F+ with 70% humidity that I became so familiar with in Houston, the shirt held up great. 

After washing it, whether I stayed at a place that had a clothes-dryer hot-air blower over in the shower-bath room (like many homes/apartments in Japan have) or I just hung it up to air-dry inside, my Poncho shirt was always the first thing dry, before my Dri-fit Nike workout shirts were dry.

And yes, the Poncho short-sleeve shirt is lighter than the regular Nike Dri-fit shirts.

Like others have said, I have bought some more Poncho shirts in different colors, too.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

After washing it, whether I stayed at a place that had a clothes-dryer hot-air blower over in the shower-bath room (like many homes/apartments in Japan have) or I just hung it up to air-dry inside, my Poncho shirt was always the first thing dry, before my Dri-fit Nike workout shirts were dry.

And yes, the Poncho short-sleeve shirt is lighter than the regular Nike Dri-fit shirts.

Like others have said, I have bought some more Poncho shirts in different colors, too.

i only airdry all my Poncho shirts. like 2 min in the dryer, then hang dry.