Israel

SmokeyBear1861

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Free Speech Week has been postponed until "TWO WEEKS FROM NOW" 

Until then, the beatings will continue until Sgt. Hulk's morale improves...

Also, the border is no longer in crisis, as these students are clearly more of a threat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

They're determined to turn UT into aggy. Cops are keeping the kids off the sacred grass of Six Pack.

Edit: The students are periodically and appropriately chanting, "Off our campus."

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

The still shot of "TEXAS FIGHT" in the background will make for some really interesting marketing collateral.  

Holy fucking shit, did they fuck this up big time.  if there was any doubt we weren't a good cultural fit the SEC, consider that concern...quashed.

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Anti-semitism is the excuse to curtail 1st Amendment rights in Texas. Fuck Hotwheels and fuck AIPAC.

abbott / patrick / paxton are going do everything possible to ruin those kid’s lives 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

a good chunk of people seriously believe these protests are nothing but about anti-semitism. 

And if there’s any group that uniformly opposes antisemites, it’s MAGA Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Nuance is not the forte of the MAGA crowd. They can’t understand two things can be true at the same time. Does Israel have a right to exist and to defend itself from terrorist attacks? Do innocent Palestinians have a right to live and raise families in peace? The answer to both of these questions should be a resounding “yes” but that takes a lot more thought and isn’t as fun as cheering on your chosen team.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so wait, anything but absolute fealty to Israel is antisemitism now? 

It’s okay, I’m sure you’ve been super busy lately, but these are the orders we’ve been given.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 officers in full riot gear to detain one kid who probably weighs 160 pounds, soaking wet and could not fight his way out of a paper bag.  Well done Texas, this can't possibly harm our public image to appease an alternate agenda.  

Also, those horses---through no fault of their own---could have easily crushed the skull of that cameraman with a couple of steps sideways when panicked by all the ruccus.  

Edited by YGIFS

Just got this email University wide:

UTPD Notice of Dispersal Order

THIS IS A DISPERSAL ORDER FOR OCCUPANTS OF THE SOUTH MALL:

I am Assistant Chief Ashley Griffin and I represent the University of Texas at Austin Police Department. Your conduct is in violation of Penal Code Sections 42.01 Disorderly Conduct, 42.02 Riot, 42.03 Obstructing a Highway or other passageway. 

I command you in the name of the People of the State of Texas to disperse, and if you do not, you shall be arrested for Violation of Penal Code Section 42.01 Disorderly Conduct, 42.02 Riot, 42.03 Obstructing a Highway or other passageway.

1 minute ago, YChang said:

Fuck you Greg

This is what Republicans voted for.  It’s been known since last October that according to Republicans, people are not supposed to criticize the Israeli government in any way and if you do, you are to be labeled as hating all Jewish people.

This is Greg’s Texas.

UT Austin - April 24th, 2024. Austin, Texas.

I asked these guys a few questions:

-What were your orders today?

Who called you?

-Can you define terrorism for me?

They didn’t have very many answers for me, but I tried.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Anti-semitism is the excuse to curtail 1st Amendment rights in Texas. Fuck Hotwheels and fuck AIPAC.

That tweet will be front-and-center of the Section 1983 lawsuit for violating First Amendment rights based on the content of the speech at issue.  Well-done, Greg.  Fucking fascist idiot.

Oh, and that quite meritorious suit will fail, because the 5th Circuit will just issue a one word opinion saying "MAGA!"  Because the GQP and this fucking timeline.

• Hook 'Em 5

lol got this email from UTPD. 

I am Assistant Chief Ashley Griffin and I represent the University of Texas at Austin Police Department. Your conduct is in violation of Penal Code Sections 42.01 Disorderly Conduct, 42.02 Riot, 42.03 Obstructing a Highway or other passageway. 

I command you in the name of the People of the State of Texas to disperse, and if you do not, you shall be arrested for Violation of Penal Code Section 42.01 Disorderly Conduct, 42.02 Riot, 42.03 Obstructing a Highway or other passageway.

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

lol got this email from UTPD. 

Nah, man--that's not how this works.  You don't email the Riot Act.  You have to read the Riot Act to the rioting mob.

Jesus--it's like these fuckers have never deployed the redcoats to carry out a massacre of citizens petitioning their government for redress or something.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

image.thumb.png.cddc3bcf2eaa01849394fe346969a41f.png

That should be an enduring image of our university.  And maybe its tombstone, to boot.

The state government has plainly stated that their basis for attacking this protest is not its conduct, but its content.  Bullseye First Amendment violation, but then, that's what the GQP masturbates over.  I confess that I'm still baffled that the EXACT same idiots who scream "WHAT ABOUT MY FREE SPEECH!!!????" when it comes to social media sites enforcing policies like "so, maybe don't post violent nazi shit," fucking CHEER ACTUAL FIRST AMENDMENT VIOLATIONS OF FREE SPEECH BY THE GQP REGIME.  These fuckers never gave a shit about "free speech" -- they only give a shit about their side.  That's it.  Freedom for me, none for thee.

And again, note that I'm not really on board with this particular cause/protest here (not overly opposed, either....I think it's messy and maybe not the most effective messaging)....and....that's not the fucking point.  It doesn't matter what it's about, or whether we agree with it or not.  That's the whole.  fucking.  point.  of the fucking. First.  Amendment.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2