2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

You can't say that with any authority.  Look at Lebron.  He didn't make the Lakers a contender and many would say that Lebron is better than KD. 

Dude you need to take a few laps. LeBron is the greatest "take a mediocre team and make them a contender" player in NBA history and it isn't even close. He just rattled off 8 straight Finals appearances. Just because he's 34 and landed on a trash Lakers team doesn't mean Durant wouldn't raise literally any team in the leagues ceiling by 1 or 2 playoff rounds. Look at what's happened to OKC after his departure. They can't even threaten to eliminate anyone in the first round. 

19 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Yep and the truth is that almost everyone would take the "fan's" side saying "you can't go after a fan even if they touch you."

Exactly what happened with Malice in the palace. Detroit's fanbase was (and is) despicable, yet all the media blame fell on the Pacers and Ron Artest even though the fans were throwing stuff at him while he was at the scorer's table.

Edited by satyanash

33 minutes ago, housious said:

I don't think it's fair. I think his behavior should be encouraged. Getting fans to entice players into brawls might be the only way I start watching regular season NBA games again. 

It would be interesting if the commissioners in all sports just said, “if a fan touches you in an aggressive way, they’re fair game. You can defend yourself”

shit would police itself. 

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i can't believe i'm having to explain this to adults, but let's get this straight right now: a billionaire being fined 500k is the equivalent to a normal person being fined a buck or two. an amount so small that it's deemed inconsequential. an amount so small that it will have zero impact in your life, ever. the fine means nothing to him. Vic is absolutely right that it's the hit to his social status, reputation, and ego that will hurt him. he will never even so much as notice the fine. ever. 

I can't believe an adult who lives with his parents, is talking about how meaningless vasts sums of money are.  Since I was the first one to say the larger punitive effect of a forced-sale is losing ownership privileges itself (rather than future monetary gains), you can drop the sanctimony.

Just now, Zavala said:

Yup and I hate Stef Curry, California, and the Golden Boys more.

So a Texas defector vs. a Longhorn...

I get it, I’m both a Coug (Klay) and Longhorn (KD) but not really an NBA fan in general so I go college.  

You know... Kawhi is such a baby back bitch I still can't beleive it. And I will never forgive him for that snake shit wasting of a year.

But... (assuming Durant doesn't pull some insane 3-1 comeback shit out of his ass) I'm really, really ready for this absolute beating of a dynasty to end. 

I can't tell you how many people I had to hear parroting...warriors are better without Durant, the flow is so much better, no iso.  whatever...Kevin Durant is one of the top 3 players in the game.  the warriors are not better without him.

• Like 6