Hide your kids, hide your wife (SEC to allow alcohol sales)

Firemans4Horn

Well I've definitely been sober as a judge and not sneaking in alcohol at every SEC game I've attended, so this is going to be a big change.

Honestly switching from snuck-in flasks to legally bought beer might make the crowd LESS drunk.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well I've definitely been sober as a judge and not sneaking in alcohol at every SEC game I've attended, so this is going to be a big change.

Honestly switching from snuck-in flasks to legally bought beer might make the crowd LESS drunk.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I think this is the exact effect it has. I remember reading about this a while back - people don't feel the need to get super boozed up before the game because they know they'll have access to it, so they in turn drink less on average. It's a win win for the schools. 

37 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

I think this is the exact effect it has. I remember reading about this a while back - people don't feel the need to get super boozed up before the game because they know they'll have access to it, so they in turn drink less on average. It's a win win for the schools. 

Believable. No need to chug those 4 extra beers in 5 minutes at the tailgate heading in before kickoff.  Instead, you don't get your first stadium beer until 10-15 min later.  But damnit, it was like $8.  I'll just have one more at halftime.  Suddenly, your 4 beers in 5 minutes pre-kickoff turns into 2 or 3 in 90ish minutes. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

yeah...no.  at least not when it comes to LSU.   

those who bring bottles to the games are gotdamn sure still going to continue bringing bottles through the gates.  that will NEVER stop in Baton Rouge.  and they'll still be 17 sheets into the wind the entire game...but now will be joined with the additional older folks who will now be piped up come middle third quarter from the $36 they spent on in-stadium Miller Lite.

simply put, all decks within Tiger Stadium will now devolve into utter mayhem quicker and more efficiently.  and on those nights when it's sweltering hot, they're going to get mean as fuck.

it's going to be badass...

• Like 1

CSB/I’ve been to one LSU home game.  Forget the year, Spurrier was coaching Gata and they were #1.  Night game, LSU pulled off the upset.  I’m no fucking lightweight, but JFC, I had never seen a scene like that before, and haven’t seen one since. It was what I imagine a big time South American soccer match would be like, and I mean that in both a good and a bad way.

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Wonder what the reason was for MBKB being shorter than womens, and baseball longer than softball?

Softball is a 7 inning game, baseball 9 innings. MBB is two halves of 20 min, WBB is 4 10 min quarters. There is automatic stoppage in MBB at the 12.5 min mark in second half, official TO. Good place to put the cut-off time. They are trying to ge as close to 25% left of game time for cut-off purposes.

Edited by bamachine
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

CSB/I’ve been to one LSU home game.  Forget the year, Spurrier was coaching Gata and they were #1.  Night game, LSU pulled off the upset.  I’m no fucking lightweight, but JFC, I had never seen a scene like that before, and haven’t seen one since. It was what I imagine a big time South American soccer match would be like, and I mean that in both a good and a bad way.

1997...and the soccer match is an apt analogy.  and it's that way for damn near every conference game and for OOC games with good teams.

y'all are in for a treat next year...or hell.  

which one you experience is entirely up to you the individual.

34 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

1997...and the soccer match is an apt analogy.  and it's that way for damn near every conference game and for OOC games with good teams.

Went to that game with an LSU alum buddy, still the only game I’ve been to in Death Valley.  Awesome experience, looking forward to the game in 2020...

2 hours ago, trythisathome said:

That certainly was the case at the Rose Bowl.  I think the drunkest I was at games, consistently at least, was the first few years after the ban (around '90 I think).  We would drink thrice the amount beforehand, and then instead of just maintaining from that point on with a few high-priced beers, we proceeded to drink straight vodka.  It was a shitshow to say the least.  It took a few seasons for me to adjust my equilibrium.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I went to a game at UGA in 1998 and there was a pony keg in the aisle.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

LSU at night will be calm.

I don't go to many games, but thanks to Maxhorn for the 2003 Cotton Bowl tix.  Cold New Years morning.  Fair Park with no Fletchers.

Geaux Tigah had been drinking all night.  Their half of the lower bowl was packed and in full voice at 9am.

Legalizing alcohol is fake news in Red Stick.

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

It's real simple.  You give The Surl all the Tiger Girls for our own pleasure beginning Thursday night at 7pm for 24 hours and we will behave on Saturday.

Otherwise, our Cow will give Mike a stern talking to.

3 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

those who bring bottles to the games are gotdamn sure still going to continue bringing bottles through the gates.  that will NEVER stop in Baton Rouge.  and they'll still be 17 sheets into the wind the entire game...but now will be joined with the additional older folks who will now be piped up come middle third quarter from the $36 they spent on in-stadium Miller Lite.

simply put, all decks within Tiger Stadium will now devolve into utter mayhem quicker and more efficiently.  and on those nights when it's sweltering hot, they're going to get mean as fuck.

September 12 2020

obama bowl GIF

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Once again, Texas is a pioneer. 

Yeah no.  My daughter went to Rice from 2009-2012 and they sold beer beginning the 2010 season I think inside the stadium, had a place in the north end zone called the Roost, a little beer garden you could drink $7 Miller Lites and watch the game.  The next year they moved it to the visitors side upper deck .  And I was in Longhorn Band 84-89 and took a trip to Boulder 1988 maybe, they were selling beer in the stadium then.  Flip side, took a trip to Provo in 1987 or so and they didn't even sell caffeinated drinks, just Sprite.  

It's real simple.  You give The Surl all the Tiger Girls for our own pleasure beginning Thursday night at 7pm for 24 hours and we will behave on Saturday.
Otherwise, our Cow will give Mike a stern talking to.

my pimp hand is strong...i’ll see what i can do.

but it ain’t because i fear that cow of yours putting the hurt to Mike, because that ain’t happening.

that cow is food to Mike.

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Yep. This might be why they are doing it. So many at sporting events get fucking plastered before the game and go inside already drunk. Or getting drunk during the game with alcohol they sneak in. The hard stuff, not beer or wine.

4 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Went to that game with an LSU alum buddy, still the only game I’ve been to in Death Valley.  Awesome experience, looking forward to the game in 2020...

I have always wanted to see a game at Death Valley since I was little. I am definitely going to make the trip next year for that game and take the whole experience in. Get down to Baton Rouge that Friday night.

5 hours ago, bamachine said:

Softball is a 7 inning game, baseball 9 innings. MBB is two halves of 20 min, WBB is 4 10 min quarters. There is automatic stoppage in MBB at the 12.5 min mark in second half, official TO. Good place to put the cut-off time. They are trying to ge as close to 25% left of game time for cut-off purposes.

There isn't an automatic stop at the 12:30 mark in men's basketball.  

There is, however, an 12 and under tv timeout once a dead ball happens when the clock is under 12 minutes.  Theoretically, that 12min and under timeout could come at 8:01 in the game and still be considered the 12 and under tv timeout. 

My guess is they believe those 12 and under tv timeouts in men's basketball will mostly be inbetween 12:00 and 10:00 on the clock, which then (sort of) puts it nearly even with the rule on women's basketball. 

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

There isn't an automatic stop at the 12:30 mark in men's basketball.  

There is, however, an 12 and under tv timeout once a dead ball happens when the clock is under 12 minutes.  Theoretically, that 12min and under timeout could come at 8:01 in the game and still be considered the 12 and under tv timeout. 

My guess is they believe those 12 and under tv timeouts in men's basketball will mostly be inbetween 12:00 and 10:00 on the clock, which then (sort of) puts it nearly even with the rule on women's basketball. 

Thanks, been too long since I have watched a roundball game seriously(happens when your team sucks). I knew there was something about the 12 minute mark or close to it and a TO.

I dated a cheerleader for Ole Miss. On her way out of Death Valley (after another loss at home to us, which was rare but I hit the jackpot in my interim vs the swamp kitties) got smoked by an empty pint bottle of Beam. She ended up with 11 stitches in the back of her head. Joke all you want, but the LSU dudes who held him long enough for me to get to him will always be my friends. And I fucking hate LSU.

I have always wanted to see a game at Death Valley since I was little. I am definitely going to make the trip next year for that game and take the whole experience in. Get down to Baton Rouge that Friday night.

lol...good luck. there’ll be about 17 total tickets allotted to you all after the shenanigans y’all pulled on us re: tickets for this years game.

On 5/31/2019 at 3:50 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

One of my BFFs from grad school is an LSU alum and she is so excited to take me to my first game at Tiger Stadium next year. I am fucking stoked.