impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, deech said:

Memba a less than a week ago how you were adamant there was no quid pro quo because that was what Sondland said.   I memba.

maxresdefault.jpg

Umm, yeah, still not a quid pro quo. Ukraine got their money, there was no investigation. This is history, fact, not my opinion. Historical events are very unlikely to change.

Say it slowly to yourself.

1. Ukraine got their money.

2. They didn't investigate the Bidens. 

There was no exchange.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 10

7 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Umm, yeah, still not a quid pro quo. Ukraine got their money, there was no investigation. This is history, fact, not my opinion. 

There was no exchange.

1.  They only got their money because a federal investigation was started in response to a complaint and then a week later they released the money with zero explanation as to why all of a sudden the money was released.  What changed?  Oh yeah, the investigation. 

2.  Quid pro Quo doesn't require an actual exchange.  One side can offer.  The other side can say no.

3.  Your boy Sondland changed his testimony to admit there was indeed a quid pro quo and is now something like the fifth or sixth person to readily admit it. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by deech
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Except the investigation was entirely legitimate. The Biden's are shady as fuck. Joe used his influence for personal gain and probably got an investigation stopped on behalf of his son.

You don't want to get investigated? Don't trade policy for personal favors.

Breaking news, the whistleblower was kicked out of the White House for leaking and is a partisan Democrat. I mean, who could have seen that coming? 

1) It wasn't. Like everything coming out of GOP mouths and fingers, that's a blatant lie. There has been no credible evidence of any of the allegations. Not a fucking shred. The allegations of corruption at Burisma predate Hunter Biden joining the board of directors. 

The prosecutor Biden forced out, Shokin, is a corrupt criminal. Firing Shokin was in NATO's interest and against Putin's interests. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/viktor-shokin-ukraine-prosecutor-trump-biden-hunter-joe-investigation-impeachment-a9147001.html

David Sakvarelidze was five months into a new job as Ukraine’s reformist deputy chief prosecutor when a witness came forward with intelligence that would change the course of everything. The witness, a sand producer in the Kiev region, complained of men extorting hundreds of thousands of dollars. It took a while to persuade the man to give evidence. But when he did, and the investigation began, the trail led to two of the country’s highest-placed prosecutors. 

A search of the men’s apartments revealed a scene that looked like a comic heist: bags full of cash, diamonds and other precious stones. But that was not the only incriminating evidence. Documents seized at the time indicated the men appeared to have a connection to the top prosecutor in the land, Viktor Shokin

Police found copies of Shokin’s passports, property registration certificates and even his licence to carry firearms. One of the two men, it transpired, was Shokin’s former driver who had subsequently climbed the ranks behind his boss. 

For Sakvarelidze, there were clear suspicions the two men may have been carrying out the business of the chief. But his attempts to investigate were frustrated. Soon, he faced a corruption investigation himself. At loggerheads with Shokin, he was pushed out of his job within the year. 

2) Alanis Morrissette is on line 2, she wants to tell you no one lacks this much self-awareness and it's a dead giveaway you are a troll. Be better.

3) Like the administration, you've shown you are completely disingenuous and there is zero reason to take you at face value. I'm not seeing anything on google. That said, if the whistleblower was fired, you can stack another impeachable offense on Trump's pile. He should be able to make a pretty good box fort here soon.   

You guys know what a person who spree negs but can't make an argument is? I don't call people names, but if I did it wouldn't be a favorble description.

How empty does your life have to be, that you can't just have a conversation. But you have more internet points, so you're the real winner. Jack Straw, I'm impressed by the vigor with which you pursue your meaningless life.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 9

3 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

You guys know what a person who spree negs but can't make an argument is? I don't call people names, but if I did it wouldn't be a favorble description.

How empty does your life have to be, that you can't just have a conversation. But you have more internet points, so you're the real winner. Jack Straw, I'm impressed by the vigor with which you pursue your meaningless life.

Sick burn. 

Tell us all about your wonderful life filled with refusals to neg on the net.

6 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Lies, half-truths and misrepresentations aren’t the basis for forming arguments.  They aren’t factual.  They’re just lies, half-truths and misrepresentations.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

the cry about rep thread is that way >>>>

johnny sack and slorch are there waiting for you.  

compulsive lying and trolling by halfwits do not warrant a serious or substantive response. in fact, it’s exactly what neg rep is there for.   try again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

i'll wait for you to provide the details. That's how this works.

Why are Republicans attacking the process itself, instead of what Vindman, Taylor, Sondland, Hill, Yovanovitch, Volker, etc. actually said?  

If all of those people, including the Trump loyalists, one of whom gave $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee, were lying, it seems like the Republicans, particularly the Republicans on those committees, would be screaming from the rooftops that they were lying.  

Instead, those witnesses all seem to be corroborating each other, and so the  the GOP is just attacking the process.

And texashammer, since you are so learned in the ways of diplomacy, why do so many of those people keep talking about Giuliani being in the middle of everything?  Why hell, just this week, Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan, the #2 person in the State Department, confirmed on national TV that Giuliani was in the middle of things   

Please, educate us on why in the ever living fuck so many Trump appointees keep pivoting back to Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, a man who has no government position, being involved in these interesting little machinations involving Ukraine and Russia.   Did we all miss Giuliani being appointed Ambassador to Ukraine?  Or Secretary of State?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Republicans were real dumbasses for wanting everything made public.   

Or maybe not.  When shit hits the public airwaves, it may provide cover for some to bail on Trump.  

That's exactly what will happen. They'll hang on till the last minute and then feign ignorance and disgust 

So there is some meat on the bone, as this new phase has been entered. Much more powerful now. Procedurally, we are entering into a more formal stage. There will be a record. The investigators decide what is on the record. If it is not on the record, it cannot be used, so we have a more transparent process. It will become more and more transparent as it proceeds. 

The real strategy moves to the Senate now. First up - what are the rules. Indications are they will follow the Watergate format. This is a two-sided sword. The dirty details can be aired out, but then Trump will tweet away every allegation. The twitter issue comes into play here. 

One of the rules being floated is to not conduct the trial in front of the entire Senate. Nothing in the Constitution requires 100 Senators to attend and reach a verdict in the trial. And the Senate Leaders can pick their own slate equal in number. When you shrink the jury from 100 to 10, the numbers can work for conviction quickly if the evidence is strong enough. Democrats have some smart innovative lawyers on the impeachment team. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Fuck You 3

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

One of the rules I live by, is “never hire a lawyer who marries and fucks his own cousin”.  

Shame Trump didn’t have such a rule.  

You probably also have a rule against wanting to fuck your own daughter. Rules don't apply to Donald Trump. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Umm, yeah, still not a quid pro quo. Ukraine got their money, there was no investigation. This is history, fact, not my opinion. Historical events are very unlikely to change.

There was no exchange.

The only reason they got their money and there was no investigation announcement was because of the fucking Whistleblower who the GOP would string up on the Capitol lawn if they had their druthers. I don't know what's wrong with you. If you got dropped on your head as a kid or were born this dumb, but you seem to lack critical thinking skills and it's people that think like you--and those that exploit them for power--that are destroying this country. This is a fight for truth and willful ignorance like yours is the enemy. 

Edited by horncyclist

This washpark person is nothing but a Swam/Texas hammer "just asking questions! both sides!" person but with s slightly better vocabulary. He should be treated as such rather than seriously engaged. Repeating talking points from right wing conspiracy sites then saying things like "unlike you plebes I consume information objectively" doesn't make him any more worthy to engage than the other white trash idiots I mentioned.

If you imagine every post of his recited by a fat guy in a fedora, that will put you in the appropriate mindset to interpret his posts and motives.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

People, learn to spell.  It's "cival" war.

Giving this some love.

I'd like it even more if they could have cheval war and have a joust. I'm absolutely certain that Nancy Pelosi could knock that dimwit off his high horse. He may be from Texas, but the derriere is the only part of a horse with which that man identifies.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

The only reason they got their money and there was no investigation announcement was because of the fucking Whistleblower who the GOP would string up on the Capitol lawn if they had their druthers. I don't know what's wrong with you. If you got dropped on your head as a kid or were born this dumb, but you seem to lack critical thinking skills and it's people that think like you--and those that exploit them for power--that are destroying this country. This is a fight for truth and willful ignorance like yours is the enemy. 

None of you are viewing this in its proper context.  As an isolated event the facts can be manipulated to look like personal political motivations. Why aren’t we talking about the broader backdrop of trump’s longstanding crusade to root out corruption and the many times that didn’t align to his ambitions?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brown water said:

None of you are viewing this in its proper context.  As an isolated event the facts can be manipulated to look like personal political motivations. Why aren’t we talking about the broader backdrop of trump’s longstanding crusade to root out corruption and the many times that didn’t align to his ambitions?  

/200.gif

suspicious futurama GIF

• Like 2

So there is some meat on the bone, as this new phase has been entered. Much more powerful now. Procedurally, we are entering into a more formal stage. There will be a record. The investigators decide what is on the record. If it is not on the record, it cannot be used, so we have a more transparent process. It will become more and more transparent as it proceeds. 
The real strategy moves to the Senate now. First up - what are the rules. Indications are they will follow the Watergate format. This is a two-sided sword. The dirty details can be aired out, but then Trump will tweet away every allegation. The twitter issue comes into play here. 
One of the rules being floated is to not conduct the trial in front of the entire Senate. Nothing in the Constitution requires 100 Senators to attend and reach a verdict in the trial. And the Senate Leaders can pick their own slate equal in number. When you shrink the jury from 100 to 10, the numbers can work for conviction quickly if the evidence is strong enough. Democrats have some smart innovative lawyers on the impeachment team. 
Shut the fuck up Trumpkin.

11 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

There was no exchange.

Haha fuck you.

16 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Jesus man, you used to be so much better at this.  Of course, Trump doesn't give you much to work with.

While this is a valid point, the entire CR has been marinating in its own juice for a couple of years now.

WPH apparently pulled some kind of Rip Van Winkle and is making arguments dispensed with here a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Dude you are so right. Like when a guy gets arrested for paying for a prostitute, but the hooker is a cop and the guy doesn’t actually get his dick sucked - he gets to walk. Happens all the time! Or bribing a police officer is only a crime if the officer takes the money, soliciting isn’t a crime!

Right?! It's not like there are any crimes that are based off of attempting something but not actually doing it. "Attempted murder" - lolol what a stupid concept!! #MAGA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Right?! It's not like there are any crimes that are based off of attempting something but not actually doing it. "Attempted murder" - lolol what a stupid concept!! #MAGA

See, the fun thing about hammer is he's actually this dumb. Some of the trolls just pretend to be dumb, but he's authentic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Nope. Find a crime - like we found in Watergate. Explain it. Show why it represents a fundamental break between what voters wanted to happen in this Presidency and what was delivered. Show that it is illegal and we have prosecuted and removed others for the same conduct. 

Listen to this one-eyed raven.   Show him where in the constitution it says specifically that it is illegal to ask Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden (must be those exact words or doesn’t count).  Furthermore, name just ONE other president that has been impeached for withholding aid to Ukraine unless they investigate Hunter Biden for political gain.  You can’t!  Check fuckin mate libtards.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Dude you are so right. Like when a guy gets arrested for paying for a prostitute, but the hooker is a cop and the guy doesn’t actually get his dick sucked - he gets to walk. Happens all the time! Or bribing a police officer is only a crime if the officer takes the money, soliciting isn’t a crime!

Jesus Christ I didn’t realize people were this dumb

To be fair, he's been around here a while.  So you've had your opportunities.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

While this is a valid point, the entire CR has been marinating in its own juice for a couple of years now.

WPH apparently pulled some kind of Rip Van Winkle and is making arguments dispensed with here a couple of years ago.

What you have to understand is that Donald Trump is the Jacob Wohl of Presidents.   

50 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Y'all are arguing with a hammer--its name checks out.   

52 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well....that's on you, man.  The evidence the past few years has been pretty clear -- how dumb are most Americans?  All the dumb.  Imagine the dumbest thing you can imagine.  Double it.  Square that.  And you still haven't reached a level half as dumb as the American people.  We have a massive case of the stupids.   And it's terminal.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well....that's on you, man.  The evidence the past few years has been pretty clear -- how dumb are most Americans?  All the dumb.  Imagine the dumbest thing you can imagine.  Double it.  Square that.  And you still haven't reached a level half as dumb as the American people.  We have a massive case of the stupids.   And it's terminal.

So the way I interpret this,

Dmax > 8D^2

It's a parabola of dumb.

What you are going to hear from this point forward is the "everybody does it" defense. The one that WashPrak is embracing for example.  Where Obama and Biden (at Obama's direction) threatened to withold aid if a corrupt prosecutor who was not prosecuting corruption was allowed to reamain in place is the same as... I will meet with you, and release Congressionally approved military aid it you look into Joe Biden's son.  In other word's, actually being corrupt, is the same as fighting against corruption, in the merry trumpster squirrel cage.

While the Dems are most certainly partisan I find it hard to imagine that not a single Dem Congressman would not vote to investigate if Obama was using his office for political advantage with the leverage of tax payer military aid.  If the situation were reversed, simply by putting a (D) behind the President's name the GOP would vote exactly the opposite way it voted yesterday.  This is the definition of hypocrisy.  And what is so dangerous about the Republican's deciding that pinciples do not matter at all, only whether you are a crip or a blood is simply all that matters.  Facts are now something that the GOP simply ignores.

There is really no use engaging those that are willing to build an argument on a policy of hypocrisy,and intellectually dishonest presentation of "facts." Because you simply cannot have a constructive argument with those that do not embrace factual material.  Without honestly from the person you are engaging in discussion with, you might as well just yell out numbers and colors instead of presenting factual information. You come to the same end at the end of the discussion.  They hypocrit sits on his stack dishonest information and insists it's a mountain of "facts."

On the other hand it is a rare thing indeed that we are going to see in the coming weeks. Day after day of dishonestly and hypocrisy from the elected Representatives of the GOP.  Yet the facts will continue to plod forward. On the stations that value our country and whose owners are citizens, this will be most apparent.  On the single foriegn controlled news channel, the lies and deception will continue.  Because a solid market share to sell advertising is a LOT more important than presenting the truth to that foreign controlled station. 

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What you are going to hear from this point forward is the "everybody does it" defense. The one that WashPrak is embracing for example.  Where Obama and Biden (at Obama's direction) threatened to withold aid if a corrupt prosecutor who was not prosecuting corruption was allowed to reamain in place is the same as... I will meet with you, and release Congressionally approved military aid it you look into Joe Biden's son.  In other word's, actually being corrupt, is the same as fighting against corruption, in the merry trumpster squirrel cage.

While the Dems are most certainly partisan I find it hard to imagine that not a single Dem Congressman would not vote to investigate if Obama was using his office for political advantage with the leverage of tax payer military aid.  If the situation were reversed, simply by putting a (D) behind the President's name the GOP would vote exactly the opposite way it voted yesterday.  This is the definition of hypocrisy.  And what is so dangerous about the Republican's deciding that pinciples do not matter at all, only whether you are a crip or a blood is simply all that matters.  Facts are now something that the GOP simply ignores.

There is really no use engaging those that are willing to build an argument on a policy of hypocrisy,and intellectually dishonest presentation of "facts." Because you simply cannot have a constructive argument with those that do not embrace factual material.  Without honestly from the person you are engaging in discussion with, you might as well just yell out numbers and colors instead of presenting factual information. You come to the same end at the end of the discussion.  They hypocrit sits on his stack dishonest information and insists it's a mountain of "facts."

On the other hand it is a rare thing indeed that we are going to see in the coming weeks. Day after day of dishonestly and hypocrisy from the elected Representatives of the GOP.  Yet the facts will continue to plod forward. On the stations that value our country and whose owners are citizens, this will be most apparent.  On the single foriegn controlled news channel, the lies and deception will continue.  Because a solid market share to sell advertising is a LOT more important than presenting the truth to that foreign controlled station.

Well done. I'm concerned about republicans seemingly superior ability to push a narrative--even a false one. If they can do that then the facts may not matter. Near 50% support for removal is encouraging though.

5 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Well done. I'm concerned about republicans seemingly superior ability to push a narrative--even a false one. If they can do that then the facts may not matter. Near 50% support for removal is encouraging though.

last night, schiff did an interview with chris cuomo, and basically said that if nixon had fox news primetime, he probably wouldn't have been pressured to resign.  it's gonna be a beating.