2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

7 minutes ago, B00M said:

If there was a winner tonight I thought it was Booker; Warren is probably the overall winner after 2 debates. My Johnson vote is legit up for grabs, so I'm hoping for a moderate. Biden was sloppy ("anyway") but relative to Trump...

What about Harris?

1564627565869-pol.jpg

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, he probably thinks most of the working class is white and male.

Narrator: it's not. 

I'm sitting here wearing a tshirt that I bought from Otis Gibbs. And JD Wilkes drew it and Amy prolly shipped it. 

Joe Hill's Ashes

I was the token redneck the Cistercians let in. To this day I don't know why. Most of y'all in CR are going to be in an office or somewhere with a thermostat. Not me. Some of us on here go out and sweat and sometimes bleed. Trump doesn't give a damn about us. None of the GOP ever did. No, that's not true. Once long ago in a time and place far away they did. All those men and women that had the good of the workers in mind have been driven out or died. 

The blue collar workers of Incredulity are 

Old, angry, and diminished 

It's not clear to me who of the 50 or so men on our yard are even registered to vote. Black, brown, or white. Me and a few managerial types. Maybe one of the mechanics. 

Goddammit vote you mfers like your life depends on it

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Why do some of you not like Gillebrand? I don't know much about most of these candidates. I don't see her candidacy going far, but I thought she did okay. Am I right that this board feels antipathy for her?

A lot of folks probably don't know much about her because she doesn't have a signature issue with broad appeal (Her calling card have mostly been women's rights and health).  Also she's come under fire for not having strong positions and convenient principles as she flip flopped quickly on immigration and gun safety (had a A rating by the NRA at one time).  I think most feel she's in it to raise her profile and perhaps expand her job avenues.  I don't think many people have strong opinions on her (may be wrong), but she hasn't impressed either.  Pliable is a word that is also used for her.  Other may say pragmatic.

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Does Pete have any fucking chance?  If not, please just don't let it be Joe.  He's the only candidate more mush mouthed than Donald.  That shit would be ugly - meaning those debates.  Gross. 

Probably not.  He'd need some special or crazy to happen, but he's done an excellent job of getting his name into the sphere of attention.  If somehow Trump wins, then I would think Pete would be a strong favorite to run again in 24'.  Perhaps a Senate run in between.

7 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:
Wait a goddamn second. You genuinely think that rural blue collar voters are going to swing the election?

Bwahaha !

Pass it on. You're stoned already. 

2016: Lose election because your terrible candidate completely ignored and even belittled the rural working class

2020: "it'll definitely work this time though!"

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Why do some of you not like Gillebrand? I don't know much about most of these candidates. I don't see her candidacy going far, but I thought she did okay. Am I right that this board feels antipathy for her?

I like her, but I think I'm the only one here who does.   A lot of people blame her for taking down Franken and think she's an opportunist.   

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Tulsi = Russia 

convince me I’m wrong 

Assad apologist. So gross people support her. She doesn’t even pretend to take a brutal dictator to task half as hard as she tried last night. She was also openly flirting to get a Trump cabinet appointment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Does Pete have any fucking chance?  If not, please just don't let it be Joe.  He's the only candidate more mush mouthed than Donald.  That shit would be ugly - meaning those debates.  Gross. 

I like Pete. His answers have been pretty thoughtful throughout his 2 appearances.

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
8 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:
Anderson Cooper bringing up the good point that Trump is going to destroy Biden in a debate.

Hes going to destroy any of the candidates. They'll get caught up in his circus, he can take punches from anybody.

That's Trumps game.

58 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
9 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:
Anderson Cooper bringing up the good point that Trump is going to destroy Biden in a debate.

Hes going to destroy any of the candidates. They'll get caught up in his circus, he can take punches from anybody.

Highly doubt Trump debates anyone.  He'll declare them rigged or something and won't go.  And no one will care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Assad apologist. So gross people support her. She doesn’t even pretend to take a brutal dictator to task half as hard as she tried last night. She was also openly flirting to get a Trump cabinet appointment. 

This is bullshit. There is nothing wrong with what she did.   

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

lol.  oh no Tulsi had some reactionary views 15 years ago when she was almost a teenager.  they don't have anything they can use against her from high school?  Meanwhile Kamala has been terrorizing poor families in California for years.  Kamala thinks it's hilarious to throw single moms in jail for their kids skipping school.  

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol.  oh no Tulsi had some reactionary views 15 years ago when she was almost a teenager.  they don't have anything they can use against her from high school?  Meanwhile Kamala has been terrorizing poor families in California for years.  Kamala thinks it's hilarious to throw single moms in jail for their kids skipping school.  

You’re voting for trump (again) so why do you care?

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
10 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Not if it's Warren.  She's too skilled a debater.  She would absolutely destroy Trump.  He'd have to resort to his grade school bully name calling tactics almost immediately.  That will work fine for the base, who he could't lose regardless of what he did, but it would fire up the dems, independents, and moderate republicans to vote against him.

Warren is my choice by a mile.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The last 2 debates are 100% proof that the DNC needs to stop letting media personalities set the conversation.

Just craptastical questions all around. 

If the DNC didn't want the media to ask a certain question or bring up a certain topic the media would not ask that question or bring up that topic.  Speaking of which, not a lot of Russia talk last night.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It is someone’s opinion that Trump will voluntarily turn down millions and millions of sets of eyeballs on him on TV. 

Yup.  He did it during the 2016 primary debates.  And had the fake fundraiser to raise money for vets, which he didn't donate for months until the WaPo discovered he hadn't made the donation.