NLDS: Nationals vs Dodgers

WBT

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Pollack is a worthless sack of shit

Just now, Beau Vine said:

We need a pinch hitter!  Hey, 0-for-12 with 10 K's, grab a bat!

Just now, WBT said:

11 Ks in 13 ABs this series for Pollock.  Yikes.

Should have rostered Tyler White!

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

5 game DS is f'n brutal, really needs to be 7 

Hell yes

and do away with the tard wildcard playoff.

No.

So the previous most reg season wins to lose in a LDS was 103.  But the new record of 106 might last just 1 day...

The previous record holders were both the Yankees and A's set in the same year, 2002.  Bad omen....

Edited by clapclapclap

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

5 game DS is f'n brutal, really needs to be 7 and do away with the tard wildcard playoff.  I say that a lifelong Dodger and Braves hater

This. It needs to go back to just one wild card team. The current format leaves more teams/fanbases engaged in the playoff hunt towards the end of the season, which is bad for the sport. 

5 game DS is f'n brutal, really needs to be 7 and do away with the tard wildcard playoff.  I say that a lifelong Dodger and Braves hater

I disagree just because of the drama and shaking up how the playoffs works. You have to be able to manage through a short and long series to win it all.

This may have already been covered but why the hell do managers (my biggest issue with Joe Madden as well) win 106 games in the regular season only to abandon it all in the playoffs and throw a starter in as a middle relief on short rest and expect to always win it? Why do you give up on your formula that won you 106 games during the season, only to repeat many examples of past failures over and over again?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

This may have already been covered but why the hell do managers (my biggest issue with Joe Madden as well) win 106 games in the regular season only to abandon it all in the playoffs and throw a starter in as a middle relief on short rest and expect to always win it? Why do you give up on your formula that won you 106 games during the season, only to repeat many examples of past failures over and over again?

Don't understand this either.  Will say I understand this if you're the Nats because your bullpen unequivocally sucks.  Don't understand this for the Dodgers.

I don’t understand it. I’m a Dodgers fan and I’ve defended Kershaw over the years, but I had a feeling of dread when he went into the game and it didn’t make sense to even use him in that situation. Why do that when you have good relievers in the bullpen?