Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

6 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I guess I have been blessed to not fall victim to that one yet.  Was there no 'skip ad' button once it played for about 15 seconds or so?

there might have been but at that point i'm usually fuck everything i don't need to watch this anyway. 

4 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

So leave a message and I'll call you back.

or call me 3 times in 5 minutes, expecting me to pick up on the 3rd time... as if I was just testing your resolve.

Leave a message on the FIRST gotdam call and I'll get back to you.  Your message might even possibly allow me to have the answer you are seeking so that i don't have to call you back twice...

But you do you...  I'm here for your convenience.

Edited by slorch

Today’s my birthday and I literally give zero shits. Actually a little surly that the wife wants me to care and that I’ll need to thank all the Facebook posts. I stopped wishing Facebook friend happy birthday years ago but they still do it to me for my birthday. I find that a little odd.

Today’s my birthday and I literally give zero shits. Actually a little surly that the wife wants me to care and that I’ll need to thank all the Facebook posts. I stopped wishing Facebook friend happy birthday years ago but they still do it to me for my birthday. I find that a little odd.
Just stop liking them. I figure eventually I'll alienate all of my distant friends so I don't have to be bothered with it anymore.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Happy birthday you surly fucker.

or turn off all receipt responses.  Motherfucker, you don't need to know the instant I read your email.

years ago, i showed one of my bosses how to turn it off and you would have thought I saved his kid's life or some shit.  Turns out out one of their higher ups was ruthless about holding that shit over their heads( stupid, I know.)

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think you can keep your birthday private, which probably makes sense to do whether you want people to acknowledge it or not. 

On 8/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, 'stache said:

41qV58oguRL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

3 hours ago, Okie State said:

How many dishes my family goes through on a daily basis. An entire dishwasher full every single day from four people is fucking insane to me.

More insane is the same quantity of items stacked on the counter immediately above the empty dishwasher. I often get to remind folks that they don't get in there by osmosis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I don't know that I've ever used my dishwasher. Living solo it just doesn't make much sense to run an appliance for the length of time it takes to do its job when a sink of hot water and ten minutes accomplishes the same thing.

I'm the same way on many evenings.  Just washing and drying the dishes real quickly is more efficient than loading that sumbeech, waiting on it, and then putting stuff up later.

I don't know that I've ever used my dishwasher. Living solo it just doesn't make much sense to run an appliance for the length of time it takes to do its job when a sink of hot water and ten minutes accomplishes the same thing.
Well, yeah I'd imagine that situation would be quite a bit different. My kids use about 35 dishes each per day. No way in hell I'm washing all that shit by hand. Oldest is about to take over dishes duty soon though.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, 52-80 said:

people who intentionally (but incorrectly) substitute "whoever" with "whomever" because they think it makes them sound smart

Pro-tip:  If you're unsure of when to use whom or who, unless the phrase is "to whomever it may concern," always use "whoever" and nobody other than 0.0001% of people in America will question it or know when you're wrong.

On 8/27/2020 at 10:17 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Do you only own one plate?

I'm single and only use one plate, bowl, fork and knife, etc.  When I use them I wash them quickly and set them to dry for next time. While I have other plates and utensils, it seems stupid to actually use them.

Maybe not trivial. Having a bathroom remodel done. Guys installed the vanity before the trim, which makes sense, but they forgot that the drawer front is flush to the edge of vanity. So guess what happened when they installed the door trim? Draw smacks into the trim.

These things happen. Called the contractor and sent a picture of the problem. Guys come out today to "fix" it. Their solution was to replace the door trim with something slightly thinner and rotate the vanity a little bit. Then when I pointed out the gap between the baseboard trim and the wall they tried to tell me it was because the wall is not plumb. While that is a true statement, it didn't suddenly fucking warp in the last two days. What really happened is these lazy fucks did not want to have to remove and shorten the baseboard on the other side of the vanity because now the toilet is back in place and it would be a pain in the ass. They also didn't want to have to do anything with the sink drain pipe.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I'm single and only use one plate, bowl, fork and knife, etc.  When I use them I wash them quickly and set them to dry for next time. While I have other plates and utensils, it seems stupid to actually use them.

I'm pretty much the same way. I have way more dishes and utensils than I need. I have a stack of 10 plates in the cupboard but it's rare that more than one gets dirtied at a time, and then it's only two. Don't even get me started on glassware and collectible plastic cups. I clean all my pots and pans and knives by hand, I clean as I go while cooking, and it doesn't take much extra effort to clean the dishes and utensils after I eat. 

My cupboards and drawers are overcrowded as it is. I've removed some items and should remove a lot more. But then it's a matter of storage because I don't want to just throw any useful thing away. I wish there was some way to donate them to poor college students moving into an apartment for the first time.

Edited by WhatTheBuck