Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Dibs on "Compounding Horse Pharmacist" for new name for my improv group.  

There's a Compound Pharmacy (in fact, that's the actual name of the business) right outside the entrance to my neighborhood. I always wondered what the difference between it and the CVS I go to just past it was.  Now I know.  The place stands out for three reasons, and I realize this is completely unrelated to the thread...there's always a car parked in the grass out front of it despite it having ample parking (and it's a different car almost every time).  They have bars on the windows which is not commonplace on that road (we're high-class like that), but now I realize that's probably because they've got some stuff in there that's even more potent than a regular pharmacy that they compound down/dilute for human dosages.  Makes sense.  Third thing I noticed is they used to have a neon open sign that said, "Compounding Now."  And knowing the teenagers in my neighborhood, somebody probably spray-painted over it so the next morning it lit up "Pounding Now."  So now it just says, "Yes, we're Open."  Lame.  

I'm gonna find out if my they take my insurance and switch over to them.  I do not like going to CVS during Covid-19.  Rumor has it the owner/head pharmacist is kind of a hippie and a pioneer in nutraceuticals (that's a thing, right?).  I guess he's like a People's Pharmacy (which my family likes for non-Rx stuff).  I'm gonna check it out or People's for all our stuff from now on, thanks Surly.  You know...it's not true what people say...Surly people can still be productive and helpful members of society.  

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  Go to a local, independently owned pharmacist and you won’t have these troubles.   I have for years.  Hell, they even deliver if need be.  

This^^^^

It pissed me off when my locally owned independent pharmacy quit accepting my insurance.  Those guys were great.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

A compounding pharmacist actually does things like makes specials dosages, eliminate additives, combine drugs, or add special flavors.  My ex had some kind of weird foot condition and had to go to one that could make her prescription that she couldn't get at a regular pharmacy

Plantar fasciitis from pole dancing? 

While all of those are good guesses, if I remember correctly it was lymphadema. Also it was not actually her foot, but her lower leg. Anyway, the important fact is that she had some strange prescription for it that had to be made by a compounding pharmacist. I should also note for the record that it didn’t have anything to do with her tits.

Well, I am a pharmacist.  Trust me, there’s a lot more to it than just counting your fucking pills.  Get out of your car, come inside, and act like you’re a human being instead of a driving asshole.  And avoid CVS, WG, and WM; your life will be so much better............

Like Leo Getz once said “They fuck you in the drive through”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Music snobs make me surly. The “unpopular opinions” thread got derailed by arguments about whether VH was a hair band and when the hair band era began. Ridiculous. If you like VH, fine (I do, they were always at the top of my cassette pile). If you don’t, fine. As long as you don’t come at me with Tiffany and Bieber, I don’t really care what the hell you listen to. 

35 minutes ago, nnm said:

Music snobs make me surly. The “unpopular opinions” thread got derailed by arguments about whether VH was a hair band and when the hair band era began. Ridiculous. If you like VH, fine (I do, they were always at the top of my cassette pile). If you don’t, fine. As long as you don’t come at me with Tiffany and Bieber, I don’t really care what the hell you listen to. 

Dave was a pretty, hair guy, but VH a hair band ?  They were just good fucking rock and roll !!  

Saw an interesting post on FB this morning it was a  poll of popular musical acts from about 64 to 2019. You could see the number grow, shrink and acres moving upon and down the popularity chart as the years rilled by.  

It went from actual good music to nothing but fucking pop bullshit after about 2000.

I live in BFE North Texas. We have no Uber or Lyft service (for the life of me I don't understand why, they would clean up). We do have airport car service, but you have to pay the trip minimum ($75) and hope he can work you in. I've had to take one of these rape rides ($75/15mi) twice in the last week over my car being in the shop. I get the call today my car is ready, but on walkaround I spotted damage that wasn't repaired. OK, cool... but I just took a $75 rape ride to get here after you said my car was ready when it clearly isn't. Suddenly they find a 2019 F150 4x4 that just happens to be collecting dust and what the heck... it's my loaner.

Why couldn't they have done this is the first place and saved me $150 of no lube submission?

I absolutely cannot stand having to take multiple steps to unsuscribe from an email.  If I don't want to hear about your newest pizza deals, I should just be able to hit "unsuscribe" and call it a day.  Some ask for your email address - you already have it - or fill out some stupid form.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 5:13 PM, RPM said:

I live in BFE North Texas. We have no Uber or Lyft service (for the life of me I don't understand why, they would clean up). We do have airport car service, but you have to pay the trip minimum ($75) and hope he can work you in. I've had to take one of these rape rides ($75/15mi) twice in the last week over my car being in the shop. I get the call today my car is ready, but on walkaround I spotted damage that wasn't repaired. OK, cool... but I just took a $75 rape ride to get here after you said my car was ready when it clearly isn't. Suddenly they find a 2019 F150 4x4 that just happens to be collecting dust and what the heck... it's my loaner.

Why couldn't they have done this is the first place and saved me $150 of no lube submission?

I need to start a business up there.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.848caac4480f2c14376e1ea7455b67c0.png

It's really hard to take today's "journalism" seriously when none of the 'journalists" can write a coherent sentence.  I doubt that this writer meant that the EPA was gong to treat the court(s) like a Baylor coed.  The EPA can defy the court, or they can violate the court's order.  However, I think they can only violate the Judge, not the court(s).

It's really hard to take today's "journalism" seriously when none of the 'journalists" can write a coherent sentence.  I doubt that this writer meant that the EPA was gong to treat the court(s) like a Baylor coed.  The EPA can defy the court, or they can violate the court's order.  However, I think they can only violate the Judge, not the court(s).

Well, anything is a vagina, if your big enough!

Abe Lincoln
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, After irth said:

... they turn around and get offended, as if you just committed some crime against humanity?  And it’s your fault all of a sudden..

I think they're looking for it. They "need" an excuse to be an asshole, so they push people in such a way that they know will get them called out. That way "you are now the asshole" because you didn't just "let them be an asshole". I see it at least 3 times a day, and IMO it's gotten exponentially worse the past 5 years.

They all should be tied to some train tracks so a bear can shit on them an hour before the train arrives. 

(And I usually just do my best to give them a look that conveys that. Preferably without ever saying a word.)

Edited by Deamerxt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

People who buy something, carefully open it, remove parts, carefully reclose it, and then return it to the store should be treated like that hooligan in A Clockwork Orange.  They should be strapped in a chair with their eyes forced open and be made to watch UT football on an endless loop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

People who buy something, carefully open it, remove parts, carefully reclose it, and then return it to the store should be treated like that hooligan in A Clockwork Orange.  They should be strapped in a chair with their eyes forced open and be made to watch UT football on an endless loop.

Your 'open-box' pocket pussy was missing the clit again, wasn't it?  Buy clearance sex toys, win clearance prizes.  

Edited by Lobo

33 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

The amount of chains MLB players wear.  It's like a slimmed down version of being OG'd in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.  

We are only a few seasons away from a clear bat with ocean life living inside it.  I don’t mind the jewelry.  It’s the fucking body armor that’s over the top.  

On 10/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

not to mention the pic of steam coming out of a "smoke stack". They can't find a pic of an actual coal ash pond? Here journalists, let me help you out:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=coal+ash+pond&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images