Jump to content
elfenix

Trivial things that make you surly

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Going to Lowes to get an 85 watt LED flood light since you need to replace one, and fuckers don't have the one you want. You then proceed to look on amazon and they don't have them either.  So now I will have to drive to Home Depot later to see if they have them.

I am not going to have non matching bulbs in the house.  I will have to change them all and thats a shit ton of light bulbs.

Is there a handy reference chart for what Lowes carries vs Home Depot?  That is trivially annoying since I'm used to shopping at Home Depot but Lowes is now more convenient.  I went in there for a specific Philips bulb and they didn't seem to have any at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling into a gas station where all the pumps are occupied and two or three of them have vehicles sitting there not getting gas and no person around.  If it's busy have the curtesy to move your vehicle before going insides to get your mad dog 20/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, PvilleStang said:

City of Austin wasting time and money doing "art installations" (behind Iron Works BBQ)

What the FUCK were they thinking?

This is "art" too btw.

shit_art.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Is there a handy reference chart for what Lowes carries vs Home Depot?  That is trivially annoying since I'm used to shopping at Home Depot but Lowes is now more convenient.  I went in there for a specific Philips bulb and they didn't seem to have any at all?

Went to Home Depot.  They didn't have any either.  I'm going to have to change every fucking recessed light in the house to a new band now.  Furk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who put “MBA” after their name in their LinkedIn profile. 

90% of the time they went to Univ. of Phoenix or some other for profit school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, fuggled said:

I got pulled over by a state trooper Thursday afternoon on I-30 for doing 63 in a 60. Got a warning. What's the point?

Fishing for an arrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, fuggled said:

I got pulled over by a state trooper Thursday afternoon on I-30 for doing 63 in a 60. Got a warning. What's the point?

hoping for a furtive movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

What the FUCK were they thinking?

This is "art" too btw.

shit_art.jpg

It would really be an improvement if they hooked up water jets to these and made it a drive-by car wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuggled said:

I got pulled over by a state trooper Thursday afternoon on I-30 for doing 63 in a 60. Got a warning. What's the point?

Are you black?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a self-diagnosed misophaniac, and I despise being around people while they’re eating,.  

I can tolerate it in restaurants, or with animals. But luncheons at work are intolerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, former alkie said:

I’m a self-diagnosed misophaniac, and I despise being around people while they’re eating,.  

I can tolerate it in restaurants, or with animals. But luncheons at work are intolerable.

I'm a self-diagnosed mesohornyac, so this hits close to home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Underdog said:

TPIR contestants that do the $1 dollar bid more than the previous bidders. 

TPIR contestants who do this (or the "$1, Bob!" thing) when they are not the final bidder on Contestants' Row. I feel very strongly that anyone who does either of these things should be banished and replaced with a new contestant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently sitting in a required gifted and talented training, on Sat, Easter weekend, and missing my son’s soccer game.  To top it off, the room consists of about 40 women who all feel the need to share their stupid stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basketball games in a dome. I wave to watch a half of ball where one of the top teams in the nation has to learn how to shoot all over again because the depth perception is screwed.

Every year. Same crap. As if college basketball wasn’t hard enough to watch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Currently sitting in a required gifted and talented training, on Sat, Easter weekend, and missing my son’s soccer game.  To top it off, the room consists of about 40 women who all feel the need to share their stupid stories.

But titties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fuckheads who don't know the proper way to execute a 4-way stop.  

  1. when two cars approach at the same time next to each other, driver on the RIGHT gets the right-of-way.
  2. when two cars approach at the same time opposite each other, the driver turning left DOES NOT get the right-of-way.

fucking indiana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Basketball games in a dome. I wave to watch a half of ball where one of the top teams in the nation has to learn how to shoot all over again because the depth perception is screwed.

Every year. Same crap. As if college basketball wasn’t hard enough to watch....

Then nova breaks a record for threes in the same dome two hours later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

fuckheads who don't know the proper way to execute a 4-way stop.  

  1. when two cars approach at the same time next to each other, driver on the RIGHT gets the right-of-way.
  2. when two cars approach at the same time opposite each other, the driver turning left DOES NOT get the right-of-way.

fucking indiana.

If any of these dumbfucks hesitate, I'm going.  No fucks given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tired of that dumb ass “your thing” AT&T commercial 

 

“your moving out out of the friend zone...”

people don’t move from the friend zone to marriage. That’s the big deal about a friend zone.  You don’t get the prize. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When somebody unplugs the Keurig to plug in a stupid phone charger or something. Seems like it takes 45 minutes to reboot for my first morning cup after I realize why there are no lights on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 12:36 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Pulling into a gas station where all the pumps are occupied and two or three of them have vehicles sitting there not getting gas and no person around.  If it's busy have the curtesy to move your vehicle before going insides to get your mad dog 20/20

Yes....Grrr......  Not wanting to get arrested so I really have to resist grabbing some pliers and pulling a valve stem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, Moby Ric said:

Went to Home Depot.  They didn't have any either.  I'm going to have to change every fucking recessed light in the house to a new band now.  Furk.

Try Costco - and they also have a replacement LED fixture that goes into an old screw in bulg slot.  Sold in multiples.  Finally - did the Bulb shop on Burnet close yet.. If you are Austin and they are open - go there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 9:10 AM, former alkie said:

I’m a self-diagnosed misophaniac, and I despise being around people while they’re eating,.  

I can tolerate it in restaurants, or with animals. But luncheons at work are intolerable.

People who make up their own afflictions.  Seems to be rampant these days.

 

You don't have a malady or a problem.  You're just a pussy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PhillyD said:

If any of these dumbfucks hesitate, I'm going.  No fucks given.

This!

I know how to determine ROW at any intersection, I'm just not going to wait forever for dumb fucks to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boycotts of products based on who they do or don't advertise with. For that matter boycotts based on who somebody votes for. Seriously, Wayfair and Rachel Ray aren't taking away your guns, and Chik-Fil-A can't nullify your gay marriage. If they make good products, buy them. If they make crap, don't. But don't tell me you are "voting with my dollars." No, you're just irritating the rest of us for no damned good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Movie theaters that don't start on time.  I know going in there's going to be 15-20 minutes of trailers, but at least start those on time.  I didn't pay for a 1:00 matinee only for you to wait until 1:10 to start your endless marathon of trailers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the aforementioned teacher's training.

Moderator states that we're finished; are there any further questions.  As most of us are starting to stand, one stupid lady raises her hand and starts in on a 10 min personal story about one of her students.  I swear to God, she finishes by asking the following question...  "How can a teacher tell the difference between a gifted and talented student and one that has been sexually abused?"  

I thought the moderator (plus some at their tables) were going to jump this stupid lady for wasting our time and asking such a dumb question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Also the Colgate commercial where multi-millionaire Michael Phelps is using a lousy hand toothbrush instead of a battery one.

Are battery toothbrushes a thing with adults? I know they used to make them with Disney characters on them in hopes that they'd get kids to brush more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...