Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The really crazy thing is that Garrett hadn't been told until today/tonight. It really took Jerry and Stephen this long to come to this decision.

Word was that Jones told him multiple times he was going in a different direction and Garrett kept telling him he wasnt ready to step aside. Jay Glazer basically said Garrett refused to resign. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Jesus, it's going to be McCarthy isn't it?

yes and you'll be keeping half of this garbage coaching staff ....McCarthy is as dull as a bag of wet hair and won't take one second of camera time (attention) away from that gotch eyed hillbilly mother fucker 

Edited by michaelpshayes

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jerrah and Stevie making the decision..... what could go wrong?

tumblr_m9ug22AFSs1r2mxb0.gif

Follow the thread for more info.... 

I’m not saying he’s wrong, but how in the fuck would Charles Robinson know that? What sources does he have that would tell him a guy like will mcclay, or any other prominent member of the organization would have absolutely no input? That just seems like an educated guess.

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

David Newberry made a good point during the pregame show vs Washington. Our inability to get turnovers has been a constant across multiple DCs undert Garrett. David's belief is that Garrett's conservative disposition extends to areas outside of just the offensive side of the ball. Look at how infrequently our DBs play press coverage or try to alter routes and mess up timing. Say what you want about Marinelli, but that style of defense (tampa 2/cover 3 going back all the way to when Tony Dungy was the DC for the Vikings in the 90s, to Lovie Smith/Marinelli's Bears which were some of the most ball hawking defenes in the history of the NFL) was notorious for creating turnovers for years, but suddenly under Garrett it was not only not any good in that department but absolutely atrocious. 

I can agree with that. Offense for some reason takes all the blame here and I'm guessing due to the money and resources being used. But the defense is always our downfall and add in terrible special teams. Our offenses have been good enough for a couple of deep playoff runs but they always have zero room for error. They almost have to score on every possession in these divisional round playoff games. The defense is not going to make any plays and help the cause.

I can't stand the stunting we do constantly that takes our front line out of position on every run play and the soft inviting coverage. 

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Why am I fan of this team?!?!c392ddbe754ae12365d98eac8d98ba9c.jpg

How in the fuck do any teams still hold Fisher in high regards? Maybe when he was early in Tennessee but after that, it has been nothing but a disaster. If we hired Fisger, I would seriously question my fandom at that point. There's a reason he's not coaching right now. It isn't because he doesn't want to. It's because no one will hire him. In a league that loves re-treads and a good ol boys club of shitty, unimaginative coaches, it says a lot when no one is interested in you and you were a head coach for about 2 decades.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Can’t we just imagine big until it all goes to shit? 
GM: Oliver Luck
HC: Urban Meyer

OC/head coach in waiting: Riley 

DC: Venables

just my dream scenario. Never gonna happen. 

Riley would never make the jump to the NFL to be a OC. Especially not after the success he has had a big time program.

I am not a Lincoln Riley fan but I wouldn't mind if you got him a solid OC/DC. Marvin Lewis at DC please.

I honestly would be curious to see what Kellen could do as OC under someone else besides Garrett and that stale offensive system. I've heard Kellen has a very imaginative offensive mind and knows how to scheme. But working under Garrett, none of that was ever going to show. He was handcuffed. Same as Richard under Marinelli. And Kellen is still under contract as is Kitna. 

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Riley would never make the jump to the NFL to be a OC. Especially not after the success he has had a big time program.

I am not a Lincoln Riley fan but I wouldn't mind if you got him a solid OC/DC. Marvin Lewis at DC please.

I honestly would be curious to see what Kellen could do as OC under someone else besides Garrett and that stale offensive system. I've heard Kellen has a very imaginative offensive mind and knows how to scheme. But working under Garrett, none of that was ever going to show. He was handcuffed. Same as Richard under Marinelli. And Kellen is still under contract as is Kitna. 

I’d be curious to see what Kellen could do somewhere else. On a different team. Who knows if anyone from this staff will be given a chance. 

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Jesus, it's going to be McCarthy isn't it?

Does not matter it is still JJ in charge. I don't why people get worked up. Radio host here in Austin said in 1999 that he would walk to Dallas if Cowboys ever won the Super Bowl with Jerry as GM. He has never come close to having to worry.

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The new HC has to be able to bring in his own coordinators, and I would hope Jerruh knows that. That would be a recipe for disaster 

I know we all hate the Fecals but that was a hell of a coaching job by Pederson tonite. He was done so many guys and their back up had been out of football for a while and was 40. That was impressive. He didn’t just stand and clap and spit and not speak with headsets on. 

I'm open to it. If he actually coaches on the sidelines, it's an improvement. And the stats above comparing him to supposed wizard Payton shows how hard it is to win in the NFL. Clapping on the sideline and doing literally nothing is just too much, I'm happy to move on from that idiot.