2020 Rain Thread

Hate

22 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Y'all can thank me. I just washed my car.

Ha.  I spent two hours cleaning my grill on Saturday.  Covered it up for the night, didn't fasten the cover down.  Midst of the storm, I take a peek to see if cover was still on the grill.  Cover AND Grill were no where in sight.

Storm claimed a bunch of trees, fences and shingles around here - 78640.

16 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m in South Austin, will probably miss here, but at least we got some over the weekend.

Yeah I got zero from that storm up here in the CP.  It didn't even materialize until it was already south of me.  Sort of a reverse-force-field for that one.

• 2 weeks later...

So far petering out around central Dallas as it seems wont to do.  Forcefield, activate!

I haven't been paying much attention except to see what the predicted high was going to be but it seems like this is a bit of a surprise.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

This whole sumbitch is gonna shift East of us, isn’t it 

Yep.   Looked like it was gonna skirt us to the east again or fall apart before it made it. Hope it holds together long enough to get a good soak.

My radar says to expect rain for the next hour.  Fingers crossed

Haven't posted about this latest, because no reason really - it wasn't predicted to reach here and for the most part it didn't.

Somewhat decent chance of rain tho today, at least in parts.  Then after that the high wiggles back on down here and it gets hot again for 4-5 days.

This is the one day of respite.

However looks like the next hot spell will be shorter hopefully (1/2 a week).  We'll see.

For today, keep your rubbers handy, you probably won't use them, but you might.

I was out at our place in Kimble County this weekend.  Saturday, afternoon, we left downtown Junction at 4:40 and it was 106.  Pulled up to the gate of the ranch at 5:00 to a torrential downpour and 69 degrees.  We got a little over a half inch of rain in 30 min then another decent downpour around 8 PM.  It was actually chilly sitting out on the porch.  Total surprise and absolutely awesome and much needed.