Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Sbbruin

Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

The only thing more self-absorbed than you is St. Augustine grass.  Bear in mind, I'm talking about Central Texas climates.  The grass has different needs in different parts of the country.  Now, to keep it truly green, Zoysia and Bermuda need about the same amount of water as Saint Augustine.  But to just say alive and not be overrun with weeds, Saint Augustine requires more water than those other two.  Obviously different sprinkler systems and different levels of maintenance discipline will make results vary, but overall Saint Augustine needs more water than those other two breeds of grass.  Just biological fact, but Player--you do you.  Sling names and pretend you know anything about the outdoors.  

I actually wouldn't mind St. Augustine as much if my neighbor's didn't constantly go under my fence and creep into mine.  And the other side, I got a guy pushing 50 who thinks it's still cool to grow bamboo between him and his own back neighbor, and still doesn't understand how they foster mosquitoes.  My self-righteousness aside, water and mosquitoes are issues in Central Texas.  Those are just facts which are no longer allowed in the Covid-19 era.  So I'll hang up and listen...

You need a drink when you're at the therapist.

Drinking while doing my own lawnwork, now that's cathartic.  Y'all really need to stop taking the shit we say on here so seriously.  Except the mosquito and oak wilt shit, that's where I draw the fucking line.  

That flyover just now was fucking awesome, totes for real.  

11 hours ago, G650 said:

I'm kind of curious the specific beef here. St Augustine is one of the more drought resistant grasses, and doesn't take more than average water. I guess he thinks everyone should be going with rock front yards or something?

Central Texas has been taken over by Californians, and idiots from Chicago.  There has been an influx over the last few decades, causing an issue with the water supply.  Personally, I hate the Bermuda that grows naturally in the greenbelt behind my house, that constantly tries to wreak havoc on my St Augustine.  But since my part of Texas is basically at sea level, our water issues are typically from having too much.  And really, watering for 5 mins 2x a week will keep up a SA yard very well.  Maybe 3x during the middle of summer. Having well maintained sprinkler systems would save enough wasted water for everyone to have SA, like God intended. 

59 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Central Texas has been taken over by Californians, and idiots from Chicago.  There has been an influx over the last few decades, causing an issue with the water supply.  Personally, I hate the Bermuda that grows naturally in the greenbelt behind my house, that constantly tries to wreak havoc on my St Augustine.  But since my part of Texas is basically at sea level, our water issues are typically from having too much.  And really, watering for 5 mins 2x a week will keep up a SA yard very well.  Maybe 3x during the middle of summer. Having well maintained sprinkler systems would save enough wasted water for everyone to have SA, like God intended. 

If God intended St Augustine to exist in Austin He would have made it native to this area...

I tend to use what Satan intended as more of a guidepost

Posted (edited)

Unless you have a yard of Buffalo Grass, your turf grass shaming rings a bit hollow.

ETA, not directed at anyone specfically, more of a basic observation.

Edited by Jerry Callo

Really, we can't talk grass smack during a quarantine?  What else am I supposed to stare out the window and shout at?  

To be fair, a properly maintained sprinkler system and a properly maintained lawn won't present an issue for any neighbor even with Saint Augustine grasses.    However, I've noticed many Texans seem to...how you say "outsource" their sprinkler and lawn maintenance to lowly-paid laborers who don't give a shit, and I don't blame them.  We live at the edge of a desert, plant and maintain accordingly.  some of you must be serious disappointments to your fathers. 

Fuck you. My father's St. Augustine is gorgeous. He taught me everything I know about exterior irrigation.

18 minutes ago, McFly said:

Fuck you. My father's St. Augustine is gorgeous. He taught me everything I know about exterior irrigation.

As opposed to interior irrigation?  Cut off and dry me out some cush...daddy needs his medicine.  

46 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck. This reminds me to fix the sprinkler head that needs replacing so I can start watering my weeds.

I need to check my valves, but all of them but one are lost in the yard.

We have a Karen up in arms on my Nextdoor over brown kids playing basketball at the local school without shirts on. 

Just now, Deej said:

We have a Karen up in arms on my Nextdoor over brown kids playing basketball at the local school without shirts on. 

Now that's some Karening

2 hours ago, McFly said:

So basically everything you know is "use lots and lots of water and chemicals on the lawn"

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Now that's some Karening

They are rubbing COVID all over each other without concern for people who don't want to die. She called 9-1-1. 

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So basically everything you know is "use lots and lots of water and chemicals on the lawn"

'Murica!!!

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Wow. She does realize she lives in Texas, right?

"Kinda hard to miss... they've been doing it for at least a week now.  I've seen groups of 10 or more people at a time, so far all guys and most without shirts on, playing basketball in the court near the parking lot."

all the dads need to go play shirts and skins every evening and see what she says.

I neglect the hell out of my St. Augustine and it still looks okay. Not the best in the neighborhood, but not bad.

Just now, Okie State said:

I neglect the hell out of my St. Augustine and it still looks okay. Not the best in the neighborhood, but not bad.

I mean, that's it's best feature. It's not great to walk on, but you can drive cars over it to no ill effect it's so tough.

I mean, that's it's best feature. It's not great to walk on, but you can drive cars over it to no ill effect it's so tough.
Yeah I have no issues with it. I live in the Houston area though so we get enough rain to offset my constantly breaking sprinklers.

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

As opposed to interior irrigation?  Cut off and dry me out some cush...daddy needs his medicine.  

14 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

30f556522e5aaa2835d6d79e9ba3d990.jpg

spacer.png

There is a post about dead rabbits in my neighborhood after all. That photo is about 50 yards from my house. The likelihood is that said rabbit was gut shot and staggered out in the street to die, not that he was killed by a speeding truck. I guess I’ve been discreet enough to avoid the wrath of the Karens (and Mallikas) so far. 

57 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You'd better be careful.

bunny rabbit GIF

Look at the bones Man!

19 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Well are they thugs?

He said brown!!

10 hours ago, nnm said:

spacer.png

There is a post about dead rabbits in my neighborhood after all. That photo is about 50 yards from my house. The likelihood is that said rabbit was gut shot and staggered out in the street to die, not that he was killed by a speeding truck. I guess I’ve been discreet enough to avoid the wrath of the Karens (and Mallikas) so far. 

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

Did someone mention Dead Rabbits?

11 hours ago, nnm said:

spacer.png

Is there a dead rabbit in these pics?  I'm too distracted by all that bullshit St. Augustine.

9 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

In my yard, if it needs water, it dies, or it adapts and overcomes.

Amen

I uninstalled the app a few years ago because I found it insufferable but this thread is making me want to get it again to see all the Karen antics 

20 hours ago, lockport said:

I uninstalled the app a few years ago because I found it insufferable but this thread is making me want to get it again to see all the Karen antics 

Covid Karens are taking it to 11.

Please tell me that you responded with this

Leads, yeah sure. I'll uh, just check with the boys down at the Crime Lab. They uh, got uh, four more detectives working on the case. They've got us working in shifts.

On 5/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, lockport said:

No joke.  I signed up today because I wanted to check on the routine for bulk trash removal.  Good Lord.   

People bitching about wearing masks.

People bitching about not wearing masks.

People bitching because a bagger at Tom Thumb wasn't working hard enough.

And, more topical... People bitching because their bulk trash wasn't being picked up in a timely manner.  

And some lady trying to sell two red, hard-covered books for $200 for "decoration".  I.E. the books weren't collector's items, antiques, signed by the original author, or anything else special. Just two books that, I guess, you could pay $200 for to put on a shelf to make it look better.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

And some lady trying to sell two red, hard-covered books for $200 for "decoration".  I.E. the books weren't collector's items, antiques, signed by the original author, or anything else special. Just two books that, I guess, you could pay $200 for to put on a shelf to make it look better.

Some lady on Nextdoor, guaranteed:
Napoleon Dynamite Want GIF

If the two sexually charged males mentioned above looked like Cliff Dalton or Rick Booth, we wouldn't be hearing shit about it.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, tejas60 said:

all the dads need to go play shirts and skins every evening and see what she says.

tenor.gif?itemid=8085506

20 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

No joke.  I signed up today because I wanted to check on the routine for bulk trash removal.  Good Lord.   

People bitching about wearing masks.

People bitching about not wearing masks.

People bitching because a bagger at Tom Thumb wasn't working hard enough.

And, more topical... People bitching because their bulk trash wasn't being picked up in a timely manner.  

Pretty decent summary of Nextdoor.

Hannah needs to check her sources.  This wasn't a rat snake in Mueller.  This was a blue indigo pulled that climbed out of the toilet near Beeville about three years ago.  This was my buddy's family ranch house.  He faced a rash of shit when that female deputy had to come save him.  It crawled into the vanity and she was able to get it out from there.

spacer.png