Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Both.  Not aware of any evidence of liver toxicity, but would be interested if there is evidence of toxicity with standardized extracts.  The clinical data is not robust, but what does exist suggests that it is basically equivalent to tamiflu in terms of reduction in duration and severity. We've been using it for years. 

Interesting. Any thoughts on Esperitox?

4 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Cozumel just told this ship to fuck off. I was really curious whether Mexican officials were going to be more  concerned about a possible contagion or losing tourist dollars. Glad they did the right thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/cruise-ship-msc-meraviglia-coronavirus-concerns

p.s. fuck all cruise ships and cruise ship people

welp, never mind. Hope they didn't misdiagnose this thing.

Once International Health confirmed that on board the MSC Meraviglia Cruise there is only one case of Type A Influenza and not of coronavirus , the Harbor Captaincy of this island, in charge of Admiral Alicia del Carmen Hernández Azuara, granted permission for dock the boat in the outer band of the Punta Langosta Cruise Terminal.

I'm assuming most of you don't follow diving politics on Cozumel, but this new harbor captain is dumber than most of the wives in the Wife thread.

Edited by rage-a-holic
  • Like 2

I know it's going to be disappointing to hear, but parts of California are (or at least should) be prepared for this. We've got earthquake kits, not to mention emergency supplies for when PG&E likes to shut of our power for days on end. Probably not enough guns. 

3 minutes ago, Txzen said:

I know it's going to be disappointing to hear, but parts of California are (or at least should) be prepared for this. We've got earthquake kits, not to mention emergency supplies for when PG&E likes to shut of our power for days on end. Probably not enough guns. 

No doubt.  For a virus like this, Surly recommends at least 17 ARs, 43 shotguns, 10 hunting rifles, 75 semiautomatic pistols, 8 revolvers, 2 crates of grenades, a flame thrower, 6 or 7 tactical crossbows, a tomahawk, and 37,000 rounds of ammo.  Per family.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

No doubt.  For a virus like this, Surly recommends at least 17 ARs, 43 shotguns, 10 hunting rifles, 75 semiautomatic pistols, 8 revolvers, 2 crates of grenades, a flame thrower, 6 or 7 tactical crossbows, a tomahawk, and 37,000 rounds of ammo.  Per family.  

Flame thrower, you say? Check. 

Spoiler

once13-1024x418.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I think magazines are the most pressing need. So happens I have a case of pmags in the closet if anyone is feeling understocked. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Not nearly enough tomahawks. List is invalid, please start over.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Where the hell do you get Rhinolophidae extract?

Some of the stuff listed is poisonous.  It won't be available.  I think I left one off but that's a pretty good list.  It would also be beneficial to start going over some things that boost the immune system.  These natural inhibitors are probably going to be key in killing the infection early.

1. Sleep  (exercise makes me tired, so do it as well but the gym may not be a good place soon).

2. Diet, fruits and vegetables duh.

3. There are some loca herb options like ecinacea that potentially boost white blood cell counts.

Thank me later.  Beer at Scholz's and 50 yard line tickets to the next aggy beat down.

Edited by 2300 Nueces

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What's even scarier - once we get a case here in Austin, this thread will be crossing over/merging with this thread.

They do have a page up, but it's just a cut-and-paste from CDC

http://austintexas.gov/article/cdc-updates-coronavirus

Austin Coronavirus Free For All Ordinance.

Shall I vote Yay or Nay?  I can't decide.

8 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

I have a cousin who literally lives in his moms basement and plays video games all day. He lives already like it’s the end, and has no human contact. Dude might be the future president when we all die. 😷

camacho-header-2-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not enough firearms. Or ammo. Your list will only last a week in the coming coronavirus zombie apocalypse.

5 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Not enough firearms. Or ammo. Your list will only last a week in the coming coronavirus zombie apocalypse.

That list is nonsensical.  You only need enough ARs to man the adults in your household, and your slacker neighbors. Fortunately I only have to worry about two of mine (olds and californians). Magazines and ammo in greater quantities. Every legitimate american has at least 5 handguns and a tomahawk.  If you were not stockpiling israeli 556 over the last decade you weren't paying attention. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

“Coronapocalypse,” imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I've never taken it before - do you use it as a preventative or only when you are showing cold symptoms? I've heard about some low level of liver toxicity. 

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Both.  Not aware of any evidence of liver toxicity, but would be interested if there is evidence of toxicity with standardized extracts.  The clinical data is not robust, but what does exist suggests that it is basically equivalent to tamiflu in terms of reduction in duration and severity. We've been using it for years. 

No worries if it’s applied with a cotton ball.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Txzen said:

Same with the north (blizzards) and Gulf and lower East Coast (hurricanes).   

We decided to stock up tonight, and basically just bought what we normally would eat for a month.  HEB was open, but no hand sanitizer, and a lot of cleaning supplies were low.   Plus side, they had some good sales on oatmeal and the like.   

After we got home, we both got emails from Austin ISD stating that they were following the coronavirus outbreak.    Now my wife is starting to believe me about Pepe Sylvia and Carol in HR.  

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Hat tip to the mormons and their year supply of food. Sneaky weird underoos wearing bastards.

If you have Mormon friends, and haven’t talked to them in a while, now is a great time to catch up with them, and make sure they haven’t moved.   And get a feel for their firearm situation.

• Like 2

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-japan/japanese-woman-confirmed-as-coronavirus-case-for-second-time-weeks-after-initial-recovery-idUSKCN20L0BI?il=0

Quoted from article:

“Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs,” said Philip Tierno Jr., Professor of Microbiology and Pathology at NYU School of Medicine.

He said much remains unknown about the virus. “I’m not certain that this is not bi-phasic, like anthrax,” he said, meaning the disease appears to go away before recurring.

Edited by Bruno Sardine

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you have Mormon friends, and haven’t talked to them in a while, now is a great time to catch up with them, and make sure they haven’t moved.   And get a feel for their firearm situation.

ya gotta wear their underwear. Is it worth it? 

16 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Me reading these reports of a new confirmed patient in Sacramento, as I sit in my hotel room with my pregnant wife, who has been in Sacramento the last two days for work.....

/wellbye

leave in the morning for Tahoe. Hey @blacklab you still need that babysitter?

furk

Ha. Just looked at the coronavirus map.

May take the south route around Sacramento.

5 minutes ago, achooloco said:

so do they cancel south by? until when can they decide? right up to the 13th?

You could have actual cases in Austin and Adler and Co. will try to keep SxSW going.  You’d have to have actual cases downtown and/or in a venue or two before they shut it down.   

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away