What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

15 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I'm not sure why it took me so long to think of, but I got a craving for a jalapeno cheddar biscuit with sausage egg and cheese last week...

I subbed pepper jack cheese and added grilled japs.  So common sense.  So basic.  So fucking awesome.

I learned this week that if I put in an app order while I am sitting in the parking lot at my daughters MS waiting for them to open the gym doors, I can arrive in the curbside spot perfectly timed for them to bring me out a couple sausage biscuits with egg and cheese.  Real seamless operation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, scottsins said:

I'm not sure why it took me so long to think of, but I got a craving for a jalapeno cheddar biscuit with sausage egg and cheese last week...

I subbed pepper jack cheese and added grilled japs.  So common sense.  So basic.  So fucking awesome.

Did the same this morning, but added honey butter.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been to the single location in my small humble town for 3 months, and I'm not sure when I'm going to go back.   Last time I went, I ordered a meal for myself on the app at 6 PM, with a pickup in store for 6:20.  I finally received my food at 6:50 PM, and it had been under a lamp for at least 20 minutes if not more.  To top that off, two of the employees got into a fight behind the counter in front of other customers.  And they prepared my drink with (I have no idea why) no ice.   I should have just given everything back and walked out and told them to keep the $10, but I took it home and choked it down.  

I do get that places of all shapes and sizes are having trouble staffing, but that was enough for me.  Maybe in another 3 months this location will have straightened up its act, but I have my doubts.  Things had been sliding for the previous 6-7 months.  Every chain has its locations that are suspect, and those that are exemplary, but this particular location has only been open for 3 years or so and the service it has had this year vs the first year it was open is night and day.

Oh, in the spirit of the thread....patty melt or the A1 burger has always been the choice.  

Hit a Whataburger in a different part of town than my normal go-to over the weekend for breakfast. Got there and the double line for the drive through was around the building, but I was feeling lazy so didn't want to get out and figured it would move fairly quickly. Sat in the same spot in the line without moving for 12 minutes. Twelve fucking minutes without even moving in the line.

Okay, must be something going on with their drive through...guess I'll go inside. Manage to wiggle out of the drive through line and park in the parking lot, which wasn't very full. Go inside and there's one guy ordering in front of me so I'm thinking I made the right call. Place my order, get my plastic number, fill my drink and wait. And wait. And wait. And I notice that everyone inside is doing the same. I see 2 orders come out the whole time I sit there and a few other people come in and order after me.

Meanwhile, I've got a front row seat for their operational processes (or lack thereof). I see all sorts of tickets and bags for orders piled up behind the counter. Several bags are getting some of their items put in while just sitting there waiting for other items. They're not under heat lamps, they're just sitting there getting cold.

They had 8 people working behind the counter that I could see (there were definitely more around the corner in the back cooking). Did not appear to be understaffed at all. In fact, it seemed like more than a normal amount of people working there. All were mostly just standing around, ho hum, cutting up, playing grab ass, zero sense of any kind of urgency. The dude I saw bring out the 2 orders they did get out walked at a snail's pace.

Several people went up and complained. One time the response was "yeah, we're just waiting on some fresh biscuits" to which the customer replied, "I didn't order any biscuits". I finally got up and asked about my order after 20 minutes of sitting there waiting. Person I asked looked through the pile of bags and tickets, found a bag that had been sitting there for god knows how long, dug through the bag, slowly meandered back to the kitchen, came back with a hash brown, dropped it in the bag and handed it to me.

Fucking shit show of monumental proportions. I swear they get worse every time I go. They can remodel stores and expand to new markets all they want, but their training/service has gone to complete and total dog shit.

I spent 53 minutes in the drive thru at WB in Edmond, OK back in June. I was coming off an 8 day bender in Ft. Worth, had no desire to go inside and was not in any hurry. Ended up getting to the window and there was 1 person working. Literally fucking 1. Felt terrible for her. Food hit the spot and was at least warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Hit a Whataburger in a different part of town than my normal go-to over the weekend for breakfast. Got there and the double line for the drive through was around the building, but I was feeling lazy so didn't want to get out and figured it would move fairly quickly. Sat in the same spot in the line without moving for 12 minutes. Twelve fucking minutes without even moving in the line.

Okay, must be something going on with their drive through...guess I'll go inside. Manage to wiggle out of the drive through line and park in the parking lot, which wasn't very full. Go inside and there's one guy ordering in front of me so I'm thinking I made the right call. Place my order, get my plastic number, fill my drink and wait. And wait. And wait. And I notice that everyone inside is doing the same. I see 2 orders come out the whole time I sit there and a few other people come in and order after me.

Meanwhile, I've got a front row seat for their operational processes (or lack thereof). I see all sorts of tickets and bags for orders piled up behind the counter. Several bags are getting some of their items put in while just sitting there waiting for other items. They're not under heat lamps, they're just sitting there getting cold.

They had 8 people working behind the counter that I could see (there were definitely more around the corner in the back cooking). Did not appear to be understaffed at all. In fact, it seemed like more than a normal amount of people working there. All were mostly just standing around, ho hum, cutting up, playing grab ass, zero sense of any kind of urgency. The dude I saw bring out the 2 orders they did get out walked at a snail's pace.

Several people went up and complained. One time the response was "yeah, we're just waiting on some fresh biscuits" to which the customer replied, "I didn't order any biscuits". I finally got up and asked about my order after 20 minutes of sitting there waiting. Person I asked looked through the pile of bags and tickets, found a bag that had been sitting there for god knows how long, dug through the bag, slowly meandered back to the kitchen, came back with a hash brown, dropped it in the bag and handed it to me.

Fucking shit show of monumental proportions. I swear they get worse every time I go. They can remodel stores and expand to new markets all they want, but their training/service has gone to complete and total dog shit.

which location? and you should send a strongly worded note to management telling them that they suck at their jobs and you’ll never be back. 

23 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Well was it a good fight or not?

Nah.  Two male teenagers yelling at each other about how the other was somehow worse at customer service.  As loud as it was, I would have assumed some adult would have came out of the kitchen and intervened.  Then again, the manager on duty was probably only a few years older than they were, and the rest of the shift probably had wagers going on who would win  if they started throwing hands.

It was worthy enough to report to a district or regional manager, but I didn't give a shit at that point.  I just wanted my damned food.