What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

Go to the location on the east side of Silber and north of Katy Freeforallway and tell me Whataburger isn’t the greatest franchise, champion of the universe.

I’m pretty sure the shitty-to-excellent ratio has to do with the individual franchise ownership / management.

As always, it starts at the top. 

Sadly, Whataburgers are more Popeye's than McDonald's when it comes to quality and consistency. The one near my parents in San Antonio looks ghetto but has been awesome every time I've visited. The ones I hit in East Texas back in June were kinda meh, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, deadshank said:

Go to the location on the east side of Silber and north of Katy Freeforallway and tell me Whataburger isn’t the greatest franchise, champion of the universe.  

I’m pretty sure the shitty-to-excellent ratio has to do with the individual franchise ownership / management.  

As always, it starts at the top. 

This is my go-to location. It isn't technically the closest to me, but it's worth the extra couple of minutes in the car. They consistently knock it out of the park. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This is my go-to location. It isn't technically the closest to me, but it's worth the extra couple of minutes in the car. They consistently knock it out of the park. 

Yep. A model store.  

Go through the drive-thru and your food isn’t shoved toward you out the window by some tatted up arm attached to some inattentive fool that hates life and has wadded up the top of your bag.  Have you noticed?  At this store, the top of the bag is usually folded over and then presented to you with two hands and a “thank you.”  

Beyond the food it is the little stuff that registers with you and indicates they have their stuff dialed in tight. 

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

Yep. A model store.  

Go through the drive-thru and your food isn’t shoved toward you out the window by some tatted up arm attached to some inattentive fool that hates life and has wadded up the top of your bag.  Have you noticed?  At this store, the top of the bag is usually folded over and then presented to you with two hands and a “thank you.”  

Beyond the food it is the little stuff that registers with you and indicates they have their stuff dialed in tight. 

tell the manager when you’re there. let him know you appreciate him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

tell the manager when you’re there. let him know you appreciate him. 

Yep. I do that all the time. I’ve even called the mothership to let the slapdick Harvard exec pussies know that the real people in the trenches are doing things right.  Maybe they’ll give a crap one day. 

Probably not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/12/2021 at 1:18 PM, ztejas said:

Yes. You can. It was disgusting and overpowered the entire burger.

You deserved your gross burger for typing, "Manchac".

Also for going to Whataburger when Dan's is across the street.  

Whataburger is great and all, but come on man.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Somnio said:

You deserved your gross burger for typing, "Manchac".

Also for going to Whataburger when Dan's is across the street.  

Whataburger is great and all, but come on man.

Holy shit Dan's is open 24 hours? Stop the press.

And sorry - next time I will use the PC spelling of Menchaca.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:52 PM, burntorangebongos said:

The Lakeway Whataburger is temporarily closed! I don't know what happened, a fire? But they are doing a lot of construction so it looks like it is going to be a while. Just when I get coupons. Dammit!

I hadn't been in a while and had an appointment on Tuesday to drop off the boat across the street at 2pm so I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, dropped off the boat, headed over, mouth was watering as I was turning in to the parking lot, and then FUCK what the FUCK, why is there tables outside in the parking lot, WTF why is there a fence up. I was fucking pissed, had been looking forward to going since last thursday when I made the appointment to drop off the boat.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Sandeez is a good substitute close by. 

You mean Hamburger Hut, that's a call in and wait. Canes is across 620, obviously not a burger, but a better than nothing substitute. Never had Hat Creek, but probably better than sonic, if you're looking for a line,  P. Terry's is up the hill. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, elfenix said:

Had coupon for pico burger, but wanted mushroom swiss. Confused the cashier: "you want no pico?"

463c76b43b5edad827c5b2d84f00f8f1.jpg

They have to BOGO Pico Burger right now. The app is awesome for turning that into BOGO on the burger you really want. I ended up with two doubles with cheese, grilled onions and grilled jalapenos on Texas toast. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

On 8/9/2021 at 9:00 AM, Fudbelty said:

Apparently I order nothing. 733983477939df1fb25c9c489d25e638.jpg

On 8/10/2021 at 8:52 PM, burntorangebongos said:

The Lakeway Whataburger is temporarily closed! I don't know what happened, a fire? But they are doing a lot of construction so it looks like it is going to be a while. Just when I get coupons. Dammit!

I had to get Sonic and the burger is watery?? Why the fuck is the burger dripping water? The fries were very meh. I should have gotten their pretzel and called it a day. I really wanted Whataburger cheese burger and fries. You owe me, universe!!

On 8/14/2021 at 1:19 PM, blacklab said:

I hadn't been in a while and had an appointment on Tuesday to drop off the boat across the street at 2pm so I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, dropped off the boat, headed over, mouth was watering as I was turning in to the parking lot, and then FUCK what the FUCK, why is there tables outside in the parking lot, WTF why is there a fence up. I was fucking pissed, had been looking forward to going since last thursday when I made the appointment to drop off the boat.

Same thing at the one on Lemmon in Dallas. Looks like they've taken it to the studs. Apparently doing some companywide remodeling.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, Braff Zacklin said:

Sadly, Whataburgers are more Popeye's than McDonald's when it comes to quality and consistency. The one near my parents in San Antonio looks ghetto but has been awesome every time I've visited. The ones I hit in East Texas back in June were kinda meh, unfortunately.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, texashorne said:

I'm not trying to start a shitstorm, but I have found both food quality and service to be a notch below other cities in many chains. 

Went to the next closest one and it was disgusting.

Whataburger...she just ain't what she used to be.

You mean Hamburger Hut, that's a call in and wait. Canes is across 620, obviously not a burger, but a better than nothing substitute. Never had Hat Creek, but probably better than sonic, if you're looking for a line,  P. Terry's is up the hill. 

Hat Creek is possibly worse than any fast food burger on the planet.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

double whataburger junior however you order it. Replace standard bun with brioche bun. GAMECHANGER, thank me later.

The #8 is only 450 calories.  Good way to get one and not feel as full afterward.  Will check out the brioche option.

Edited by dcbc

Likely already mentioned, but recommend to download the Whataburger app for orders.    You can go thru drive thru, go in, or curbside.

Many specials and rewards.   Current special is a free Whataburger, Spicy Chicken, or Pico De Gallo burger until 8/31.   No additional purchase necessary.

• Like 1

This is probably more of a trivial thing that makes me surly, but I’m also curious if anyone else has this issue. For some reason my debit card with chip which is almost to its expiration date no longer works at any Whataburger anywhere. Every damn time I forget and hand them that card then they spend a couple minutes trying before I remember. Hand them another card and boom I’m gtg. Anyone else?

18 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

This is probably more of a trivial thing that makes me surly, but I’m also curious if anyone else has this issue. For some reason my debit card with chip which is almost to its expiration date no longer works at any Whataburger anywhere. Every damn time I forget and hand them that card then they spend a couple minutes trying before I remember. Hand them another card and boom I’m gtg. Anyone else?

I honestly only use the app and I use Apple Pay with it.  I pick it up curbside every time.  I always have hot food, and it's always within 10 minutes of parking.  I have a card that doesn't work at one or two 7/11's, but works pretty much everywhere else.   

2 hours ago, futureman said:

there’s just giving away whataburgers? I can whip out the app and pay nothing and get a damn pico de gallo burger?

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Y'all made me re-download the app. I'm not seeing any free burger offers. 

Is this what you're talking about? The fatass special?

20210825_190130.thumb.jpg.06ded6d49f77f09993980025ae3495f3.jpg

- Do you have an account setup ?   May be the reason.   Or offer is not avail in your area.   And mine may have been because I had 4 orders in 30 days, not sure if same offer.   But that is not the same ad that was on my screen/acct.

- If you did not,  click rewards logo at bottom of screen.

- I no longer have the offer of the free Whataburger on my screen/acct because it was used.   But yes,  it was free Whataburger, Spicy Chicken, PicodeGallo until 8/31 with no additional purchase.

Edited by torre