What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

What the fuck is up with having to “reboot their system” every morning that takes 10-15 minutes? A couple of time over the last few months I’ve pulled in at 4:45 AM on my way to work. Both times I was greeted with “our system is rebooting and it will be 10-15 minutes before we can take your order”. What the fuck is up with that bullshit. I just want my sausage egg and cheese on a jalapeño cheddar biscuit and I’ll be on my way assholes.

Yea lots of fuckery going on with Whatburger lately.  

And the special ketchup.  Is it really a special release or did somebody just massively fuck up making the regular spicy ketchup and rather than eating the product or hearing people complain about how it didn't taste right did they just issue a "special" release.  Seems there are supply chain issues with the regular spicy ketchup.  

Two experiences to report. Both mobile orders - picked up in the drive thru.  First was at the Wm Cannon and 35 location and everything went swimmingly. Very satisfied. Second was at the Manchaca and BW location and wow did it suck. Ordered a HBCB and biscuit with bacon and cheese. They put both on jalapeño cheddar even though I only asked for the HB on JC. Both biscuits were dry and overcooked i.e. overheatlamped or something - and my bacon one was missing the cheese that I paid for. 

So - as far as I was concerned - they fucked up and basically ruined my entire order. I mean the medium fries I tacked on didn't suck so yay?

Also - the dude that gave me my food was really expedient about it. Like he displayed a level of disregard and confidence that I am 100% cool with when you nail my order but not when you fuck the entire thing up, dickhead.

So - idk. WB gets a C+ from me based on those last two interactions. Fortunately they make it easy to bitch about order quality through the app. Personally I'm wishing for whoever handed me that order earlier tonight to get fired and go eat a bunch of dog shit until he learns to not suck at everything he attempts. But I know that's a low bar in this day and age.  

• 2 weeks later...

My closest Whataburger is still making tasty food, but they're starting to get the orders wrong pretty frequently, and that's even using the app and curbside, which used to be fool-proof.  It's not a huge deal, the last couple times it's resulted in me getting free extra food, but it's mildly annoying.  

We drive from Houston to Fayetteville quite often.....sadly, our relationship with the Whataburger in Columbus is over after 30 or so visits the last few years.

They were always slow but the last few times, it has taken much much longer with the added bonus of biting into lukewarm burgers.  If you take a long time, a requirement is to give me hot food.  But it's clearly operational issue in that they likely make the burgers quickly but order sits there for many minutes and finally handed to us.  

The Sealy Whataburger is cleaner and slightly faster but its not as convenient from an on/off freeway perspective.....and they got our order wrong this past trip.

Get your head on right, private equity owners.

5 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

We drive from Houston to Fayetteville quite often.....sadly, our relationship with the Whataburger in Columbus is over after 30 or so visits the last few years.

They were always slow but the last few times, it has taken much much longer with the added bonus of biting into lukewarm burgers.  If you take a long time, a requirement is to give me hot food.  But it's clearly operational issue in that they likely make the burgers quickly but order sits there for many minutes and finally handed to us.  

The Sealy Whataburger is cleaner and slightly faster but its not as convenient from an on/off freeway perspective.....and they got our order wrong this past trip.

Private equity owners give zero fucks about your experience. 

The Whataburger at 905 North Loop in Houston (Durham and 610) is my standard. If you can't make a Whataburger on their level, you need to close shop. 

Always hot, greasy as hell and delicious. That dining room is filthy, but I would recommend eating it there. 

Bullshit Whataburgers in Houston : 

- North Main 

- Westheimer and Beltway 8

We really shouldn't be having this conversation. Every location should be good quality. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Whataburger at 905 North Loop in Houston (Durham and 610) is my standard. If you can't make a Whataburger on their level, you need to close shop. 

Always hot, greasy as hell and delicious. That dining room is filthy, but I would recommend eating it there. 

- North Main 

We really shouldn't be having this conversation. Every location should be good quality. 

Silber and I-10 location is decent quality as well.  Someone hasn't told them they should cut labor costs.

12 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

Have your passenger order from the app before your arrival - It's life changing. Pull into the Whataburger parking lot, enter store and walk-out with hot burgers in 5 minutes while laughing at the 10 cars in the drive through line.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

Have your passenger order from the app before your arrival - It's life changing. Pull into the Whataburger parking lot, enter store and walk-out with hot burgers in 5 minutes while laughing at the 10 cars in the drive through line.

Currently on app

”Online ordering currently unavailable “

Been happening weekly 

30 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Yep.  We do love doing that but even that gets delayed at Columbus store.  "Order will be ready in 14 minutes" does not mean 14 minutes.  More like 28 sometimes.

But yes, much better than waiting in car through that line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Was driving on Alt 90 last week and preordered on the app from Gonzales.  Food took 25 minutes longer than the estimate on the app and that was after I went inside looking for my curbside order.  They did throw in an unordered bonus chicken strip sandwich (no honey bbq, no buffalo).  

I don't know when I'll be in Gonzales again but next time I'd try the DQ.

Wm Cannon and mopac is average and that is the one I go to most.  They have fucked up my order probably 20% of the time and sometimes they are slow.  But most of the time they are ok.  The one at Brodie and Slaughter was fucking money from 2011-2017.  I haven’t been there more than a few times since so I don’t know if it’s gone downhill or not.

#5notomatoescokethanks

Edited by Snake Diggity

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- North Main 

Shepherd and 610 one is solid 

Had to head down 35 today, and hit the one across from the San Marcos outlet mall for a late light lunch (I'd had a heavy snack at lunchtime, so just needed a little something to tide me over).  Got the Whataburger jr meal.....and it came out fast, fresh and hot, all the veggies etc. were correct, fresh, and crisp.  Fries were hot, crispy, and salty.  It was a well-executed WB experience.  Pleasantly surprised based on all the feedback lately.

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- North Main 

Shepherd and 610 one is solid 

I really don’t think the PE ownership has had enough time to fuck up the food yet.  They do seem to be heavily pushing the merchandise trying to take advantage of the brand loyalty.

I think the downgrade in food/service has more to do with labor and supply shortages, and a general I don’t give a shit from employees. 

Last two orders I’ve redeemed honey butter chicken biscuit rewards and they’ve been very light on the chicken. The one this morning had the equivalent of a chicken nugget. The chicken to biscuit ratio was way off. 

sausgae biscuit has been great as always 

Edited by tx 3 putt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...