What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Tennessee’s first WB in decades is scheduled to open in Hermitage on Wednesday.  Not at all a convenient place to get to and traffic will undoubtedly be insane, but I am looking forward to having one semi-close by for the first time in decades.  Studying this thread for ordering inspiration.

43 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

Tennessee’s first WB in decades is scheduled to open in Hermitage on Wednesday.  Not at all a convenient place to get to and traffic will undoubtedly be insane, but I am looking forward to having one semi-close by for the first time in decades.  Studying this thread for ordering inspiration.

If it's like the ones that opened in the KC area, be prepared for a scaled down menu. The only specialty burgers here are the Patty Melt and Avocado Bacon burger. No green chile, mushroom swiss, etc. Still good to have it though. 

You’re in luck. Seven more will open there in the next 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had WB breakfast on the road Sunday morning.  I got my standard (jalapeno cheddar sausage biscuit meal).  But the boy said "now is my chance....gotta try the breakfast burger."  He got it and loved it.  Gave it an 8/10 because the bun got squished (realizing that he could have gotten it on the jalapeno cheddar would have put that point back in the mix) and because the fried egg was shaped oddly enough to not have full sandwich coverage.  He thought it a strong contender, and would make it his go-to breakfast order (especially once I tell him the jalapeno cheddar biscuit idea).

• Hook 'Em 2

Was wiped the fuck out last night after getting the kids down (10 month old is on a sleep regression FML), so we said fuck it and got WB. 

Triple meat/chz on Texas toast with grilled onions and japs. Large fries and onion rings for good measure. Was actually through the drive through pretty quickly and the food was all fresh and hot. Great success!

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Had WB breakfast on the road Sunday morning.  I got my standard (jalapeno cheddar sausage biscuit meal).  But the boy said "now is my chance....gotta try the breakfast burger."  He got it and loved it.  Gave it an 8/10 because the bun got squished (realizing that he could have gotten it on the jalapeno cheddar would have put that point back in the mix) and because the fried egg was shaped oddly enough to not have full sandwich coverage.  He thought it a strong contender, and would make it his go-to breakfast order (especially once I tell him the jalapeno cheddar biscuit idea).

The brioche bun pairs well with the breakfast burger.

Yikes. No burgers? That’s like a few years ago I pulled up to a Kristyn Kreme and they were out of glazed donuts. Didn’t seem too dazed by it either.

Did [mention=251]Pescado_Rojo[/mention] @Kyrie Eleison and [mention=1259]Bozo_Casanova[/mention] tell y’all about the time we went to the Chili Parlor and they were outta….chili?

On 1/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, slorch said:

Whataburger was out of Whataburger this evening.  Pull up to drive thru: All we have is chicken. Supply chain issues.

WTF.

https://whataburger.com/locations/910/menu

Only chicken strips are available for online order at many locations.   Manager states shortage of chicken and reserved for drive thru and dining in.

Edited by torre

On 1/3/2022 at 5:59 PM, hookemATL said:

Was wiped the fuck out last night after getting the kids down (10 month old is on a sleep regression FML), so we said fuck it and got WB. 

Triple meat/chz on Texas toast with grilled onions and japs. Large fries and onion rings for good measure. Was actually through the drive through pretty quickly and the food was all fresh and hot. Great success!

I like the cut of your jib.

5 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Whataburger app just reduced “reward” options to 4 items lol. Assholes. 

Med Drink,fry or onion ring

Taquito. That’s it. 

They cut down all the app selections. It's almost like they want to force you to order in person. Fuck them. The only method of ordering that almost ensures you get the correct order and don't have to leave your car running for 20 minutes in the drive through..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Deej said:

They cut down all the app selections. It's almost like they want to force you to order in person. Fuck them. The only method of ordering that almost ensures you get the correct order and don't have to leave your car running for 20 minutes in the drive through..

Just looked. Holy shit. Why not just cancel the app?

WTF is going on with the app? I just tried to place an order and you can only order the most basic items. As others have pointed out, the app was the best way to make custom orders and make sure you got it the way you wanted it. If this is a permanent change, I'll be going there a lot less. The app made ordering Whataburger a tolerable experience.

First they came for the toilet paper, and I did not speak out, because I do not poop.

Then they came for the auto chips, and I did not speak out, because I do not drive.

Then they came for the Whataburger, and that's when I said ah fuck this shit!

• Haha 2

Went to the store in Tomball this morning.  It was weird when I pulled in.  Only 1 car before the speaker in the drive-thru.  Usually it is almost backed-up out to the street.  I go in and see about 8-9 tables occupied and 1 person ordering at the counter.  Then I looked back and none of the people at the tables had food.  Guy waiting said they have gone to hell since they brought in this new crew.  I immediately pulled a Grandpa Simpson and left. 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I think they're using this "supply chain issue" to sneak in inferior product permanently. The burger I had the other day was crap, and fries and onion rings tasted like they had freezer burn. 

And the effect of the labor situation leading to less efficient employees. (no c/r)

May want to send a survey.   Whataburger seems like a "tight" run organization which is concerned with quality product and service.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:37 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Whataburger app just reduced “reward” options to 4 items lol. Assholes. 

Med Drink,fry or onion ring

Taquito. That’s it. 

Ok, it looks like the app menu is back to normal.  Reward options are back to 8 things to choose from.

• Hook 'Em 1